PDA

View Full Version : need recomedation on ignition system

ezstriper
08-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Ok guys just getting my boat back together(I know it's late, don't rub it in !) anyway B/B chevy, tunnel ram w/650 holleys, so i need a small dia. dist to clear. had all the MSD pro-billet stuff on last year and left me after 3 times out, sold that, so looking to see whats working for some of you guys, thanks for any help, Rob...

Nucking futs
08-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Im using a small body HEI built by daves small body hei.he mated it to the engine and pump specs and seems to work really well. Cost about 175.00. He is always out at Long Beach swap meet or you can email him @ sparkman451@eartthlink.com

Instigator
08-11-2005, 07:50 PM
I know this is way old tech but I've been using an Accel dual point with a super coil for over ten years without failure. Put points in a few times. Motor starts as good or better than the HEI stuff, no blower, no nitrous, plenty of spark. Best part is, it will never let you down in the middle of a weekend.

berk
08-11-2005, 09:24 PM
i have a mallory hei. i like it because its simple and hasnt made me paddle yet. however my buddies all claim that its bad to have parts with girl names on them. i got a holley fuel pump to prove them right.