PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas

Jbb
08-12-2005, 10:53 AM
I have to tow something from Arizona to Ga...I want to fly in... rent a truck one way and drop it off in Atl.....I can not find any company anymore that will rent a pickup one way, Uhaul used to...but not any more if your towing a small boat....any one have any ideas...Thanks :jawdrop:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-12-2005, 10:55 AM
steel one.. :D :idea:

Jbb
08-12-2005, 10:56 AM
steel one.. :D :idea:
Why didnt I think of that.....Ma'am :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Why didnt I think of that.....Ma'am :p
it's an age thing.. :p :idea:

Chubby4Life
08-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Talk to Miss Perfect, I hear she has a truck she's not using. :D

dale459us
08-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Have you tried United Rentals?

Sleek-Jet
08-12-2005, 11:06 AM
How big of a boat????
You could try renting a small Uhaul moving truck and tow the boat with it... :rollside:
Do the car rental companies allow you to tow with an SUV???

Jbb
08-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Have you tried United Rentals?
f150...v6 :notam:

Jbb
08-12-2005, 11:09 AM
How big of a boat????
You could try renting a small Uhaul moving truck and tow the boat with it... :rollside:
I thought of the 10 ft uhaul truck...SUV are not allowed to tow

Sleek-Jet
08-12-2005, 11:11 AM
I think that's going to be your best bet... unless you can find someone that needs a truck delivered back to the East Coast... :rolleyes:

dale459us
I have used them in the past moving horses...I was always please with their trucks and prices. Good Luck

JB in so cal
How big of a boat????
Go with Penske or Budget or others that have newer equipment and also rent Car Trailers; that way the trucks are set up for towing.
No. And if you think you can just drop in a tow-bar, no company will let an SUV go one way - usually up to a full size car

beer hunter
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Just make sure the insurance they sell covers engine/transmission damage :D

MagicMtnDan
08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Buy a nice used pickup in AZ and sell it in GA when you get back to redneck land :D Billybob will be happy to buy a pickup from AZ (hey, it's a dry heat) :D

Flashover
08-12-2005, 11:25 AM
What about Penske. They should have something :idea:

Tom Brown
08-12-2005, 11:31 AM
We rented a TrailBlazer and a trailer from Enterprise quite frequently.
The first time we rented it, we went out to check it for damage and found the front air dam hanging down and dragging on the ground, one driving light was smashed out, and there was some obvious suspension damage including a visibly bent anti-sway bar. They said they hadn't noticed. :D
We removed the air dam and left if for them, took the truck, and found it actually drove just fine. :confused:
Why do you kids have to be big pimpin' every hour of every day? You can't turn that shit off for one trip? Back in my day, we were happy if we had a car that ran at all. I just don't understand the younger generation.

Jbb
08-12-2005, 11:42 AM
We rented a TrailBlazer and a trailer from Enterprise quite frequently.
The first time we rented it, we went out to check it for damage and found the front air dam hanging down and dragging on the ground, one driving light was smashed out, and there was some obvious suspension damage including a visibly bent anti-sway bar. They said they hadn't noticed. :D
We removed the air dam and left if for them, took the truck, and found it actually drove just fine. :confused:
Why do you kids have to be big pimpin' every hour of every day? You can't turn that shit off for one trip? Back in my day, we were happy if we had a car that ran at all. I just don't understand the younger generation.
One must tow in style .....Brown... :cool:
It would appear that none of them allow any towing anymore....looks like I will have to take the Valiant cross country after all.... :frown:

Tom Brown
08-12-2005, 11:58 AM
One must tow in style .....Brown... :cool:
It would appear that none of them allow any towing anymore....looks like I will have to take the Valiant cross country after all.... :frown:
It's Ranger time. :D

Jbb
08-12-2005, 11:59 AM
It's Ranger time. :D
Yeah....Im sure the ranger is up to it....lol

spectras only
08-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Budget has Tahoes here , equipped for towing :idea: . Last I've checked it cost $ 160 cdn per day.No milage charge either .

Tom Brown
08-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Budget has Tahoes here , equipped for towing :idea: . Last I've checked it cost $ 160 cdn per day.No milage charge either .
We've used those. They're a good tow vehicle. We get a corporate rate but we pay $55 CDN/day (no mileage). Talk them down... they will negociate.