PDA

View Full Version : OUI CheckPoint on Colorado River????

Stoneman
08-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Team-up to keep the river safe
NEEDLES, Calif. - Law enforcement officers are joining together to reduce the number of impaired boaters on the Colorado River.
"San Bernardino County, Mohave County, and Arizona Game and Fish are going to have a joint OUI check point on the Colorado River," said San Bernardino County Sheriff's Sgt. Phil Odom. The checkpoint will be in effect sometime during the end of August.
Pulled this from another site, wondering if anyone knew when and where???

Havasu_Dreamin
08-12-2005, 02:11 PM
I think it's a great idea!

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-12-2005, 02:19 PM
if im not mistaken they changed the law in az and now report this to the dmv, so if you live in ca it will be no different then a dui. I was lucky, i got mine before they changed the law

desertbird
08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Found this.....
http://www.outdoorcentral.com/mc/pr/03/06/17d4.asp

desertbird
08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
and this.....
http://www.boatnevada.org/about/news/pr/061405oui.shtm
LAKE MOHAVE: AUGUST 13th! :cry:
http://www.ndow.org/about/news/pr/080305oui.shtm
Just Google OUI Checkpoint. There have been a bunch.

desertbird
08-12-2005, 02:38 PM
http://www.ndow.org/about/news/pr/062105_boaters.shtm
Intoxicated Boaters Arrested at Checkpoint
Despite strong winds, a boating checkpoint operated by federal and state law enforcement agencies on Saturday, June 18 at Callville Bay Marina on Lake Mead netted three arrests of intoxicated boaters and 42 citations for a variety of safety violations.
“OUI (operating under the influence) continues to be a problem,” said David Pfiffner, supervising game warden for the Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW). “We continue to work at educating boaters about the dangers of operating their vessels while under the influence and we arrest all intoxicated boaters.”
Officers from NDOW, the National Park Service and Arizona Game and Fish Department checked 159 boats and conducted field sobriety tests on 35 boaters who admitted that they had consumed alcohol. The 42 citations were primarily for not having a proper number of lifejackets aboard, not having Type IV throwable devices and not having functioning fire extinguishers.
“We are enforcing the .08 blood alcohol level, which has been reduced from .10 in previous years. So boaters should be aware of this and we strongly encourage them to totally avoid alcohol when operating their boats,” Pfiffner said.
Officers with the three boating agencies will be conducting boating checkpoints at various locations on Lake Mead and Lake Mohave through the summer months. Information on boating in Nevada can be obtained online at www.boatnevada.org.
The Nevada Department of Wildlife is the state agency responsible for the restoration and management of fish and wildlife resources, and the promotion of boating safety on Nevada’s waters. Wildlife offices are located in Las Vegas, Henderson, Ely, Winnemucca, Fallon, Elko, and Reno. For more information, contact the agency web site at www.ndow.org.

Boatcop
08-12-2005, 02:39 PM
if im not mistaken they changed the law in az and now report this to the dmv, so if you live in ca it will be no different then a dui. I was lucky, i got mine before they changed the law
In AZ they aren't applied to a driving record for points or other negative reasons. They are only storing the OUI prior conviction records with driving history for lack of a better place to put them for easy retrieval by LE in the field. The info is not available to insurance companies or other entities outside of Law Enforcement and the courts.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-12-2005, 03:21 PM
If im not mistaken all dmv's share info, so maybe in az they dont apply points or share info with insurance, if it goes to the dmv in az it will go to the dmv in ca, and ca dmv will treat it as a dui? UH I THINK

Boatcop
08-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Arizona has always reported alcohol related convictions to Compact member States, which includes California. That information comes from the Department of Public Safety Criminal History section, not the Motor Vehicle Department.
The MVD holding our OUI records doesn't go into effect until next month.

SummitKarl
08-12-2005, 08:35 PM
all the more reason for "BOATING LIC",
none of us should even worry about this because none of us on HB are dumb enough to OUI :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea ...........RIGHT!!!!!!!

boater72
08-13-2005, 08:31 AM
all the more reason for "BOATING LIC",
none of us should even worry about this because none of us on HB are dumb enough to OUI :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea ...........RIGHT!!!!!!!
MONEYFURNOTHIN
DCB Mach22