PDA

View Full Version : Trailer work in NorCal?

MOBrien
08-12-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm considering having my trailer re-painted and bunks redone. Anyone have shop recommendations in NorCal?
Thanks,
MOB

NorCal Gameshow
08-12-2005, 05:22 PM
dhm trailers (http://www.dhmtrailers.com/online/home.php)
another way to go is powdercoating
there is a powdercoat co. in the south area that can handle trailers...and there's a sandblasting co. next door to him :cool: if I find the number i'll post it
this might be the one (www.pacpowder.com)

MOBrien
08-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Thanks Gameshow.
I've sent email inquiries to both of those places. DHM looks more like a manufacturer that sells parts.....not sure if they do refurbs but we'll see what they respond with. Powdercoating looks like a good alternative to standard painting.....anyone know how the costs compare?
Also, anyone ever gone with Trex type bunks instead of wood...is this a good idea or not?
Thanks again,
MOB

Water Romper
08-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Good post… :D
I am thinking about having my trailer done as well… :idea:
Another note…..
This might be a stupid question but…what happens to the boat when the trailer is being re-done? These places have boat lifts? :confused:

Oldsquirt
08-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Also, anyone ever gone with Trex type bunks instead of wood...is this a good idea or not?
This has been addressed before. Trex has no structural value. In a deck application it NEEDS to be supported every 16" if not 12". Just a long droopy piece of plastic with some sawdust in it. If you were to pick up a long enough piece and hold it over your head, the ends would likely touch the floor.