PDA

View Full Version : Need rest of set of 460 offset Con Rods

Mighty Thor
08-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I need to get 7 more of these factory offset connecting Rods for my 460 ford boat motor. These are the ones that provide extra power by moving the piston side to side as well as up and down while adding a slight twist on every stroke to make sure the rings wear evenly. If you have any of these, please let me know the price.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2121conroda.jpg
:2purples:

Jet City
08-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Not to be confused with the "football Rod", what you have there is a very rare and elusive one year only "Sidewinder Rod".

dmontzsta
08-12-2005, 08:20 PM
I have heard about those, they are supposed to work awesome. :devil:

steelcomp
08-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Thor...
I'm really sorry...I've been hanging on to a set for a long time, but just sold them last week. In fact, I only had seven. They were direct from the Ford Performance "S" division, special order. Oh, and don't forget...those take a special piston...if you get the wrong ones, you're gonna break something! I may have a line on the factory "S" series heads that have the special shaped combustion chamber to match the "S" pistons, but the factory literature says you can run the stock heads with "minor modifications". Yeah, right. they always say that. :rolleyes:

Mighty Thor
08-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I heard about those special heads, I may have one. on mine the valve head is not connected to the valve stem and the piston closes the valve by using sort of a trampoline motion, then the valve stem opens it again and the whole process is repeated. This must be why you need those special pistons. I bet they are rubber coated or something.

Jet City
08-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Thor...
I'm really sorry...I've been hanging on to a set for a long time, but just sold them last week. In fact, I only had seven. They were direct from the Ford Performance "S" division, special order. Oh, and don't forget...those take a special piston...if you get the wrong ones, you're gonna break something! I may have a line on the factory "S" series heads that have the special shaped combustion chamber to match the "S" pistons, but the factory literature says you can run the stock heads with "minor modifications". Yeah, right. they always say that. :rolleyes:
I believe the "minor mods" you speek of are the equily rare Blue Thunder "wedge top" pistons, good luck finding a set of those! Man these 385 series Fords have almost as many peculiar and rare parts as the FE.

Mighty Thor
08-12-2005, 09:44 PM
I did a Googglee search, is this the right Pisston? It looks like it should work.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2121pisston-med.jpg :D

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2005, 04:02 PM
that Chevrolet tried to copy the design of those but never could get it right. All they got were a lot of headaches and broken muffler bearings.
Wasn't that the hot Ford setup designed to go toe to toe with the Chrysler Hemi and biotch-slap it like a pimpled teenager? :wink:

steelcomp
08-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I heard about those special heads, I may have one. on mine the valve head is not connected to the valve stem and the piston closes the valve by using sort of a trampoline motion, then the valve stem opens it again and the whole process is repeated. This must be why you need those special pistons. I bet they are rubber coated or something.
Thor...that's an early version of the head I was talking about, but basically the same thing. :rollside:
Jeez... I hope you don't have a match!! Didja wipe 'em both out?? :frown:

steelcomp
08-13-2005, 09:47 PM
I did a Googglee search, is this the right Pisston? It looks like it should work.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2121pisston-med.jpg :D :D :hammer2:

steelcomp
08-13-2005, 09:49 PM
I believe the "minor mods" you speek of are the equily rare Blue Thunder "wedge top" pistons, good luck finding a set of those! Man these 385 series Fords have almost as many peculiar and rare parts as the FE.
Wasn't that the hot Ford setup designed to go toe to toe with the Chrysler Hemi and biotch-slap it like a pimpled teenager?
Funny boys...:D :D