PDA

View Full Version : Installing new hydraulic pump

GBLASER
08-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Installed a new pump on my diverter....Do the lines need to be bled? Diverter goes up but won't go down. Help!

advantage21
08-12-2005, 08:45 PM
not usually just replaced all my lines with stainless ones a couple of weeks ago and drained my ram hooked up the lines and pumped it a couple of times maybe not wired correct?

sdba069
08-12-2005, 09:07 PM
I've never had to bleed one. Is the trim motor running when you are on the down button? If it is, make sure all your electrical connections are good. One of the solenoid valves may not be getting power or could be sticking. The last couple of Place units I got had defective steering wheel buttons. I've had, fairly often, problems with the valves sticking in the Bennett pumps. Good luck...

GBLASER
08-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Seems to be running correct, but I will double check them again. Thanks

Hallett19
08-13-2005, 09:32 AM
I had re-wired mine and had the resistors (or whatever those two things are in the wiring diagram) flipped backwards and it kept it from traveling in one direction, flipped it around, rewired and it worked fine.

GBLASER
08-13-2005, 12:46 PM
I thought I had it correct but I'll check it again tonight. Thanks for the input

Danhercules
08-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Can you hear it pumping? If so, your solonid is stuck. Try tapping the round parts on the pump. 4 of them.

sleekcrafter
08-14-2005, 11:35 AM
GBLaser, is the pump your installing a Place diverter supplied pump, or a Bennett pump, because they are different. Even though they have the same part number and hook-ups, the place unit has two extra solinoids, a total of four, the Bennet pump only has two solinoids. Two solinoids for pumping out and two solinoids for return fluid, as the place has pressure on both sides of the ram, to hold the position. With the Bennett pump, if that what you installed it's consantly fighting it's self because there is no fluid relief on the oppsosite side of the ram. Hope this helps
Sleek

GBLASER
08-14-2005, 06:51 PM
It is indeed a Bennet pump. It turned out that when I put on the lexan cover It caught and pulled the black wire out of the connector on the front solenoids.(BTW this Bennet pump has 4 solenoids). Reconnected and good to go.
Thanks for all your help it was greatly appreciated.

sleekcrafter
08-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Well get on it!! and enjoy the weekend. I'm glad all worked out.
Sleek

cave
08-15-2005, 06:15 AM
I just sent my 3rd Bennett pump back to them on warranty and no questions asked. They replaced it. If you are within the warrant and have any problems contact MJ Thomas and he will hook you up asap.

GBLASER
08-16-2005, 04:27 PM
I'll be sending the pump back to them soon. I had to buy a new one so that we could go out, but I figure that if the old one gets replaced then I will have a spare.