PDA

View Full Version : I think I am having.....

barbigrl
08-13-2005, 10:18 AM
a heart attack..... my chest hurts really bad and has for over an hour :confused: (no not my boobs perverts :hammer2:

NOTALENT
08-13-2005, 10:19 AM
its called heartburn... :rollside:

cxr133
08-13-2005, 10:19 AM
does it fell like a weight is sitting on your chest?? that might be a heart attack
or is it a sharp stinging pain... (you prob got gas)

bunny 166
08-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Honey, how about down either one of your arms? Especially the left....shortness of breath? Call the doctor now...it's not unheard of...

dicudmore
08-13-2005, 10:21 AM
a heart attack..... my chest hurts really bad and has for over an hour :confused: (no not my boobs perverts :hammer2:
I hope not, I'm not ready for you to die yet...still luv ya :D

Windy
08-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh..I love doing assesments...
O nset...when did this pain start?
P rovoke...what were you doing when this pain started?
Q uality...what does it feel like...does it feel like someone is pushing on your chest?
R adiating...is the pain radiating anyway..to your arm..jaw?
S everity...on a scale from 1-10..10 being the worst pain you ever felt..how would you rate it.
T ime...how long have you been having this pain?
Seriously Melissa...hope you are ok.

Throttle
08-13-2005, 10:26 AM
discribe the pain
what were you doing when it started?
does the pain radiate or go anywhere else?
your age?
scale of 10, 10 being the worst pain you have ever felt... what is it?
any meds or history? happened before?

barbigrl
08-13-2005, 10:28 AM
I hope not, I'm not ready for you to die yet...still luv ya :D
Ahhh thanks Dan...
I dont think it is heartburn......hurts to breath deeply...oh well. :idea:

SummitKarl
08-13-2005, 10:30 AM
are you dizzy, hard to make a decision, left arm tingles? any of these call 911 NOW!!!, if not then are you stressed? = angina (rough week) perhaps
been though this one I know of what I speak

djunkie
08-13-2005, 10:30 AM
If you want I'll come over and massage your chest for you. It might help. :idea: :D

topless
08-13-2005, 10:32 AM
You're too young to have a heart attack. It might just be stress but i wouldn't chance it. Go to the doctor to be safe. We don't want to lose you. :cry:

Magic34
08-13-2005, 10:33 AM
It could be pluracy (spelling?) which has to do with the lungs. Hurts like a beeyach. Made me go to the emergency room, but it will do away. Take an Advil to bring down the inflamination. Take a few Tums with it incase it is some heartburn too. Severe heartburn can make it hurt a little to breathe.
My wife sells heartburn meds. RX rep.

djunkie
08-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Could it possibly be and anxiety attack? I agree with the others, if it is really bothering you maybe you should either call or get to your doctor.

Sleek-Jet
08-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh, if you really think you're having a heart attack, GO TAKE SOME BAYER ASPIRIN AND GET YOURSELF TO THE HOSPITAL, NOW.
Agreed, but as a sever heart burn suffererer... sounds like you're having a bad case of acid reflux. I've spent a few hours in an emergecy room over that. It does feel like heart attacks are described as. Better safe than sorry.
And, if you say you're having chest pains, they'll get you right in... works everytime. :D

djunkie
08-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Agreed, but as a sever heart burn suffererer... sounds like you're having a bad case of acid reflux. I've spent a few hours in an emergecy room over that. It does feel like heart attacks are described as. Better safe than sorry.
And, if you say you're having chest pains, they'll get you right in... works everytime. :D
I have severe acid reflux myself and it never really bothers my chest. Usually have burning in my throat and Esophagus (sp).

cdog
08-13-2005, 10:37 AM
My wife has been having heart palpitations lately. The doc said to not have any coffee or caffine untill they run the blood work. You may want to do the same untill you see the doc. I was teasing her, and told her that my 10 year upgrade may come early. She's 27. I think it's stress related.

barbigrl
08-13-2005, 10:37 AM
If you want I'll come over and massage your chest for you. It might help. :idea: :D
I knew I could always count on you DJ.... :hammer2:
It is a wierd feeling but I am not having any other symptoms. I have not been stressed this week either. I just took some Tums....hopefully it will help.... Thanks everyone for your advice.... ;)

Magic34
08-13-2005, 10:38 AM
He is right. My wife represents Prevacid which is Rxonly, but go the the drug store and get some Prilosec OTC. It will probably give you the runs, but it is the strongest OTC there is right now. Actually, the Rx, Nexium, is almost the same thing as Prilosec OTC, they just came up with a new name when the patent came out and told everyone it was better. Both drugs are the same company.

AirtimeLavey
08-13-2005, 10:39 AM
As someone said, popping a Bayer aspirin would help, just in case. A few things it could be. Find out soon. Hope it's just heartburn. :idea:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
08-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Honey, how about down either one of your arms? Especially the left....shortness of breath? Call the doctor now...it's not unheard of...
my wife just had that. it was diagnosed as pleuresy (SP?). Take about 4 motrin and wait it out.

barbigrl
08-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Man I love my HB peeps....Playa just called to make sure I was ok!! Thanks Eric!! I think I am fine...if it gets worse i'll go to the Doc!! :)

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
08-13-2005, 10:42 AM
I have severe acid reflux myself and it never really bothers my chest. Usually have burning in my throat and Esophagus (sp).
does it burn when you pee?

djunkie
08-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Nope :confused:

barbigrl
08-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Isn't that a symptom of an STD??? :jawdrop:

djunkie
08-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Ya really. No burning here. :D

Tom Brown
08-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Yes... now answer the question.

Jbb
08-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Yes... now answer the question.
:D :D

Jrocket
08-13-2005, 11:24 AM
You got gas.Try to fart,you'll be ok.

Jrocket
08-13-2005, 11:27 AM
If you try to fart and your spleen pops out, that's not a good sign. :D
Or a poop.

BADASS38CHEVY
08-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi Barbie Im Mrs badass i feel the same way to at time and to find out i had anxiety but i sent you this. The pain of a heart attack often occurs with other symptoms, including:
Chest discomfort or pain that is crushing, squeezing, or feels like a heavy weight on the chest.
Chest discomfort or pain that occurs with:
Sweating.
Shortness of breath.
Nausea or vomiting.
Pain that spreads from the chest to the neck, jaw, or one or both shoulders or arms.
Dizziness or lightheadedness.
Fast or irregular heartbeat.
Loss of consciousness.
The pain of a heart attack usually will not go away with rest.
It is important to recognize the early stages of a heart attack and to seek emergency care. Medical treatment is needed to prevent death. Sometimes medications can be given to reduce the damage to the heart muscle caused by a heart attack.
Author: Katy Magee, MA
Medical Review: Patrice Burgess, MD - Family

HOOTER SLED-
08-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Sounds like symptoms for a bad case of guilt. Due to the fact that a certain BBQ was cancelled. Oh that kharma. :D You got gas girl. Go take a dump!! :D

topless
08-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Scary thing is that a friend is experiencing some of those symptoms right now and is on the way to the doctors. I'm praying for her. :confused:

WYRD
08-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Sounds like symptoms for a bad case of guilt. Due to the fact that a certain BBQ was cancelled. Oh that kharma. :D You got gas girl. Go take a dump!! :D
Is that anything like not going the the LAKE when you said you would?????

dicudmore
08-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Man I love my HB peeps....Playa just called to make sure I was ok!! Thanks Eric!! I think I am fine...if it gets worse i'll go to the Doc!! :)
ok, hope you're better but let me know if you need me to come inspect/massage your chest babe :D

HOOTER SLED-
08-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Is that anything like not going the the LAKE when you said you would?????
What are you tallking about wedding boy?? The OG plan was for Saturday. I can still make it. Can you?? Beeyotch. Besides, never said I would for sure.

MAINEVENT
08-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Hey guys my heart stopped beating should i be worried :devil:
J/K hope your alright DAMN mexican burritos will due that to you :rollside:

barbigrl
08-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi Barbie Im Mrs badass i feel the same way to at time and to find out i had anxiety but i sent you this. The pain of a heart attack often occurs with other symptoms, including:
Chest discomfort or pain that is crushing, squeezing, or feels like a heavy weight on the chest.
Chest discomfort or pain that occurs with:
Sweating.
Shortness of breath.
Nausea or vomiting.
Pain that spreads from the chest to the neck, jaw, or one or both shoulders or arms.
Dizziness or lightheadedness.
Fast or irregular heartbeat.
Loss of consciousness.
The pain of a heart attack usually will not go away with rest.
It is important to recognize the early stages of a heart attack and to seek emergency care. Medical treatment is needed to prevent death. Sometimes medications can be given to reduce the damage to the heart muscle caused by a heart attack.
Author: Katy Magee, MA
Medical Review: Patrice Burgess, MD - Family
Thank you Mrs.Badass.. I wonder if it is anxiety.....I still feel the same way, it has not subsided. I really dont think I am having a heart attack though. Can you have one at 26? :(

barbigrl
08-13-2005, 12:58 PM
I know, I know.....I suck. lol....

Sleek-Jet
08-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Thank you Mrs.Badass.. I wonder if it is anxiety.....I still feel the same way, it has not subsided. I really dont think I am having a heart attack though. Can you have one at 26? :(
You can have a heart attack at any age. It's rare for people in their 20's, but isn't unheard of. :(

barbigrl
08-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Ok I have to share this....most of you who have met me know that I am vertically challenged...I got a new pair of shoes that have 3" lift on them. I was telling my co-worker about my wierd pains.....and the smart ass 17 year old we have working for us said "It's probably from your change in altitude today" lol.....it was pretty funny........guess you had to be there.. :notam:

Redneck
08-13-2005, 01:21 PM
you should be a doctor

Redneck
08-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I know, I know.....I suck. lol....
really hmmmmmmmmmm

Miss Perfect
08-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Ok I have to share this....most of you who have met me know that I am vertically challenged...I got a new pair of shoes that have 3" lift on them. I was telling my co-worker about my wierd pains.....and the smart ass 17 year old we have working for us said "It's probably from your change in altitude today" lol.....it was pretty funny........guess you had to be there.. :notam:
Haha... too funny. :D
Seriously, I hope you're feeling better.

Magic34
08-13-2005, 01:44 PM
my wife just had that. it was diagnosed as pleuresy (SP?). Take about 4 motrin and wait it out.
That is what I was talking about as well. It hurts pretty bad, took me to a knee every once in a while from the pain. Goes away though.

BADASS38CHEVY
08-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi, No i never heard of anyone at that age! Its probably anxiety some people have it and they dont even know it. But i hope you are feeling better!! and i am on my way to palm springs for some fun in the sun.

Danhercules
08-13-2005, 01:52 PM
are you dizzy, hard to make a decision, left arm tingles? any of these call 911 NOW!!!, if not then are you stressed? = angina (rough week) perhaps
been though this one I know of what I speak
Hard to make a decision? YES!! She is asking if she is having a heart attack on Hot Boat instead of going to the Dr or calling 911.

Magic34
08-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Hard to make a decision? YES!! She is asking if she is having a heart attack on Hot Boat instead of going to the Dr or calling 911.
Come on now, we are all trained professionals.
Actually, Barbi I think you really do have something worng with you after thinking about Dan's statement. Doctor or Hot Boat????? You chose Hot Boat :hammer2:

barbigrl
08-13-2005, 02:02 PM
I think you guys are right......there is something wrong with me turning to HB for medical advice!!! :( lol.... Aren't there Dr's that are into boating?? :idea:

Phat Matt
08-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Oh..I love doing assesments...
O nset...when did this pain start?
P rovoke...what were you doing when this pain started?
Q uality...what does it feel like...does it feel like someone is pushing on your chest?
R adiating...is the pain radiating anyway..to your arm..jaw?
S everity...on a scale from 1-10..10 being the worst pain you ever felt..how would you rate it.
T ime...how long have you been having this pain?
Seriously Melissa...hope you are ok.
What is this in your hand? It looks pretty big. :2purples: :D
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar1527_3.gif

Miss Perfect
08-13-2005, 02:22 PM
I think you guys are right......there is something wrong with me turning to HB for medical advice!!! :( lol.... Aren't there Dr's that are into boating?? :idea:
I think there's a few that would like to play Doctor! :2purples:

Phat Matt
08-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah. Doctor Feniks. Unfortunately he is diagnosing people at the hospital right now, not on HB. :D
I don't think you want advice from him. I think he broke a record this week by pronouncing 8 people dead in one day. His new name is Dr Death. :2purples:
Oh, and it was his birthday yesterday. Happy birthday dude. :)

Creator
08-13-2005, 02:24 PM
You're too young to have a heart attack.
My GF had a minor Heart attack at 21 so you're never to young. She's just turned 25 and is always very nervious when ever she feels anything in her chest now.

Redneck
08-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I think there's a few that would like to play Doctor! :2purples:
you guys come on down we can

Redneck
08-13-2005, 02:27 PM
im good at numbing chest too num num num

Magic34
08-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah, but they all have real jobs with no time to post. :) .

HOOTER SLED-
08-13-2005, 02:57 PM
you should be a doctor
I am. I'm the "Love Doctor" :D And I take them to the Candyshop. :D

Redneck
08-13-2005, 04:19 PM
I am. I'm the "Love Doctor" :D And I take them to the Candyshop. :D
lol that some funny sh$t