PDA

View Full Version : X Dimension on a deckboat

Thunderbutt
08-13-2005, 10:57 AM
On my warlock it is 17". I'm sure most of the tunnel boats are built the same as for as the bottom. What is your X dim.?

ELIMINAT THIS
08-13-2005, 11:09 AM
If the center of the prop shaft is 17" below the bottom of your boat,and you want top speed.I would guess you need to move it up 15-17" if I read your post right.I dont think Ive ever seen one 17" below the bottom.

Jrocket
08-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Cant be that far underneath.

bigkatboat
08-13-2005, 09:21 PM
"X" is the gimbal bearing centerline UP from the keel line. 17" UP from the hull bottom. I think 13"/13 1/2" is where the ride plate is level with the keel, so I think you are up aprox. 4" from the 'starting point'. (as per Mercury Marine). With no 'notch' or standoff box, you must use a 4 blade prop, to keep it hooked up. Many Advantage Party Cats that I have driven/ worked on, had 3",4", and more. All of them had a "special place" where the 4 blade prop slipped, going straight, at 24/28 MPH, the props just slipped and hooked, and slipped .... Good luck, have you seen the new 'Maximus 5 blades'?

Thunderbutt
08-14-2005, 06:50 AM
"X" is the gimbal bearing centerline UP from the keel line. 17" UP from the hull bottom. I think 13"/13 1/2" is where the ride plate is level with the keel, so I think you are up aprox. 4" from the 'starting point'. (as per Mercury Marine). With no 'notch' or standoff box, you must use a 4 blade prop, to keep it hooked up. Many Advantage Party Cats that I have driven/ worked on, had 3",4", and more. All of them had a "special place" where the 4 blade prop slipped, going straight, at 24/28 MPH, the props just slipped and hooked, and slipped .... Good luck, have you seen the new 'Maximus 5 blades'?
bigcat, I'll check the dim. again, but I'm sure it is 17". I talked to Carter and he comfirmed it. I could get a 2" shorty, but even 15 " is to low from what the guy's here say. A winter project, to fill the hole and recut, and raise the motor. I borrowed a 24 pitch four blade it takes the boat to 75 MPH @ 4900 RPM. No one has a five blade to try. Should the five blade give a better hole shot, and what will it do on the top end? Thanks Jim