PDA

View Full Version : Bullhead, Havasu, or????

ahhell
08-13-2005, 05:34 PM
just trying to get ideas on where to retire (not me, but the wife) in about 4 years. Thinking about cashing out the Cali house and letting the little miss stay at home in our new home, VERY near the water....thinking about LHC, BHC or Laughlin or somewhere near a body of desert water...looking for pro's , cons or ideas :confused: :confused: :confused:
Still have some time to think but love the input...

ahhell
08-13-2005, 05:36 PM
wELL i AM SUR EYOU KNOW MY OPINION BY NOW....f mOHAVE (bhc)
you havent been drinking, have you??????? :eek:

Havasu Hangin'
08-13-2005, 05:36 PM
If gas keeps going up, in 4 years...your Cali house will be worth about the same as a trailer in Topock.

ahhell
08-13-2005, 05:37 PM
I'll take a trailer in topok..

Havasu Hangin'
08-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I'll take a trailer in topok..
You're all set, then!
:cool:

SK48
08-13-2005, 06:49 PM
If your going to retire, I would recomend some place on the California
side of the river. Needles, Blythe, etc. because you have prop 13 in
California and your property taxes will be stable. I moved from California
to Parker eleven years ago and love it. I don't think I will be able to retire
here if my property taxes continue to increase like they have the last few
years. I have gone from around $ 1200.00 per year to around $ 5,000.00
per year in taxes. Just my 2 cents worth, but California has some long term
advantages.

ahhell
08-13-2005, 06:57 PM
advantages.
Only the wife is "retiring" shes gonna make me work still :mad: , and the welfare in Cal. is PISSING ME OFF big time...we both work in the medical field and its nuts, illeagals have better benefits than i do?!?!?! looking to leave CA. No bills, possibly a kid in med school though!!!
thanks for the info...

phebus
08-13-2005, 07:12 PM
For retirement, I would pick Havasu. It has a hospital, and health care the other cities don't.

TCHB
08-13-2005, 07:23 PM
What kind of house do you have in Parker with a $5000 tax bill. I am in Havasu and the taxes are not even close to that on two homes and a lot.

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 07:26 PM
I second Phebus, HAVASU, alot bigger and more to come.....
I spent some time with some Bullhead city people a few weeks ago and the way they talk havasu is the place to live, bullhead is nothing but junkies and rich Cali folk , whom the despise.... the cali folk that is...

Kachina26
08-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Only the wife is "retiring" shes gonna make me work still :mad: , and the welfare in Cal. is PISSING ME OFF big time...we both work in the medical field and its nuts, illeagals have better benefits than i do?!?!?! looking to leave CA. No bills, possibly a kid in med school though!!!
thanks for the info...
We think alike, I need to actually stop at your house on the way home from one of my Home Depot runs rather than just looking at it like some kind of stalker. I like Havasu for it's long term value. I'm not gonna retire just yet, but, I'll be out there in less than a year.

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm not gonna retire just yet, but, I'll be out there in less than a year.
I'll be out there in less than a week
:eek:

phebus
08-13-2005, 08:06 PM
I made the mistake of taking my wife to the Refuge to look around the other day. Now she is ready to move. Definately seemed overpriced compared to what you can get for the same money in town, but it sure is a nice community. Expensive, but I could see us living there in less than a year.

SummitKarl
08-13-2005, 10:04 PM
advantages. thats a large amout of property tax, so buy the calc's on this your telling me your property is valued at 3.6mill ( I do this for a living)
I KNOW either you got a 5k sq ft home and 5k sq ft of garage on 2 acres or 50k sq ft of concrete. though all this stuff in the last 3 yrs my Property tax has only gone from $630 to $740 and I don't live in a pile either, nice home on 1/2 acre. Property tax control is on it's way in Mohave county "Buster" is working on it, and it's still a better deal here than Taxifornia (ANY DAY!!!!!) where my property tax was $2500 on a $180k house 4yrs ago.
retire where you feel comfortable, many people are chosing the Mohave Valley area, because of it's central location to both LHC and Davis Dam.
western Az is a no brainer decision, it will be the next SoCal coast line within 25yrs.

SummitKarl
08-13-2005, 10:08 PM
I made the mistake of taking my wife to the Refuge to look around the other day. Now she is ready to move. Definately seemed overpriced compared to what you can get for the same money in town, but it sure is a nice community. Expensive, but I could see us living there in less than a year.
NONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!! stay away from there, BAD SOIL!!!! I can say no more without getting in trouble.

Kachina26
08-14-2005, 03:20 AM
I'll be out there in less than a week
:eek:
Yeah, but when I get out there I'll have a 5 minute drive home from the river :D:D:D:D

ahhell
08-14-2005, 06:10 AM
For retirement, I would pick Havasu. It has a hospital, and health care the other cities don't.
I need the Hospital....for a job
What is the tax rate anyhow???

Dusty Times
08-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Kingman is at the most an hour away from any of the three lakes and river. Not the closest (I do wish I had a view of the lake from my house) but the property is cheaper (at the moment-alot of Havasu builders are building here now due to the lack of land there). They are adding new hospital buildings and medical offices on every corner it seems like. Kingman has no lack of land and is planned to be much larger than any city in Mohave County in the next few years. It seems that almost everyone that moves here is from cali. Kinda cool. I used to be one of the very few in town with a boat. Now every other house has one.

ahhell
08-14-2005, 07:10 AM
Kingman is at the most an hour away from any of the three lakes and river. Not the closest (I do wish I had a view of the lake from my house) but the property is cheaper (at the moment-alot of Havasu builders are building here now due to the lack of land there). They are adding new hospital buildings and medical offices on every corner it seems like. Kingman has no lack of land and is planned to be much larger than any city in Mohave County in the next few years. It seems that almost everyone that moves here is from cali. Kinda cool. I used to be one of the very few in town with a boat. Now every other house has one.
Kingman is on our option list too. I spent some time there in the 70's and 80's...grandparents lived in the Butler development?!?

Dusty Times
08-14-2005, 07:17 AM
It has changed alot!
The whole town used to be like butler. Now things have changed every where else but butler is still there. There are alot more changes to come within the next year as far as developments and infrastructure. I've have seen plans for every open peice of land recently. Unless the market crashes this place will huge. Property has gone through the roof from what it was here (I've been here over 35 years now) but is still lower priced than most other areas.

shueman
08-14-2005, 07:28 AM
It has changed alot!
The whole town used to be like butler. Now things have changed every where else but butler is still there. There are alot more changes to come within the next year as far as developments and infrastructure. I've have seen plans for every open peice of land recently. Unless the market crashes this place will huge. Property has gone through the roof from what it was here (I've been here over 35 years now) but is still lower priced than most other areas.
We're looking at the same dealio and in the Kingman area. What about the development a lil north of town....Green something....?? Kingman seems to be 20 degrees cooler than Havi in summer....a good thing...!!
I have a bud that's retired up there and loves it...we are in Havi next week and plan a day run up to check things out...

Kilrtoy
08-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Yeah, but when I get out there I'll have a 5 minute drive home from the river :D:D:D:D
and so, you have me beat by 3 mintues

djunkie
08-14-2005, 11:17 AM
and so, you have me beat by 3 mintues
And me by 5. :D

ahhell
08-15-2005, 03:05 PM
ttt...anyone else?, havasu is looking like the place!!!

Ion
08-15-2005, 06:01 PM
NONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!! stay away from there, BAD SOIL!!!! I can say no more without getting in trouble.
I've spoken with folks who are getting that "sinking feeling" about the Refuge.

Mohave Vice
08-15-2005, 06:42 PM
BHC has a decent hospital. Housing values really starting to take off. K/L is close and Mohave does have its' pluses. Havasu is also great and also has its' fine points. I guess it all depends on your preference. Have had various properties in BHC since 1984. Can't go wrong any where you choose. Good luck!!

Dusty Times
08-15-2005, 06:50 PM
I've wondered about that place. You can keep compaction with sand as long as it is contained such as in backfill but as for streets and house pads I hope they used some type of soil cementation. If not recomended by the geotechnical report an engineering firm may have their tit in a wringer

Mohave Vice
08-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Nice course on the south side of 40 with plenty of house just before Stockman exit.

Ion
08-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Are there any golf courses in Kingman ? If so do you know if there are any homes or lots on or near the course?
Two...one just off the main highway and the other is in a quickly developing area off 66, Valle Vista. Valle Vista should still have fairway or near fairway lots for sale, but they're going quickly and appreciating at an awesome rate!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Dat's what I've heard as well.