PDA

View Full Version : Bolt on 60 HP for 496 HO

Mandelon
08-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Custom Marine kit with exhaust and minor mods... $3600
September 05 Powerboat page 41 or www.custommarine.com
Looks pretty simple. Just a couple hours of work....no internals to mess with...$60 per HP is darn cheap.....
Opinions on it......?
And later on in the mag there a Desert Storm section and there is a pic of the channel...I spy the Cowchina and Wildlavey...

Essex29
08-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey Mandelon,
How bitchen does the e-ticket look on pg 83...or the speedracer poster...I could go on and on!
When is the next golf tourney?

Mandelon
08-13-2005, 09:24 PM
This is the first time that ***boat and Powerboat showed up on the same day. I was like a dog with two bones.....I didn't know which one to read first. :D
Next tourney should be the Cabaret Association.....don't have the date yet. :D
CMI Introduces 496 Sport Tube Performance Package
New package makes enhancing overall performance easier than ever before.
Download this Media Release (DOC format)
NEENAH, WI -- July 7, 2005 -- Custom Marine, Incorporated (CMI) has announced the introduction of a new custom exhaust package specifically designed to enhance the overall performance of any sport boat equipped with a propulsion system powered by a 496 engine. Equipping an engine with the exclusive CMI stainless steel 496 Sport Tube™ Performance Package is sure to attract attention at any dock. But it's on the water where this package will really turn heads. Simply adding this package to any stock 496 will result in adding nearly 60 more horsepower, boost mid-range torque by nearly 14 percent, boost fuel economy across the power curve and improve the engine's overall running quality.
"With the introduction of the 496 Sport Tube Performance Package CMI can address the needs of a very key segment of the performance boating marketplace," said Joe Zelinski, founder and president of CMI. "Until now, installing headers on a 496 package required having a machine and parts shop close by to create the necessary components required to make room for headers. With the CMI 496 Sport Tube Performance Package, performance enthusiasts can simply order our complete, easy-to-install kit."
The CMI 496 Sport Tube Performance Package comes complete with a pair of water-cooled headers made of 316-series polished stainless steel and required mounting hardware. Also included is CMI's exclusive 496 Relocation Kit, which includes all brackets, hoses and hardware needed to make relocation of select engine components easier and create adequate room for CMI's high-tech tube-style headers. Stock CMI tailpipes designed to fit a transom hole layout that is consistent with a standard Mercrusier® Bravo Drive transom hole pattern completes the 496 Sport Tube Performance Package.
The CMI 496 Sport Tube Performance Package is designed for application on all 496 engines.
About CMI
Custom Marine is an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of OEM and aftermarket exhaust headers, exhaust systems and components designed for any recreational and high-performance marine application. CMI's combination of engineering, manufacturing and design excellence allow the company to deliver products that offer the superior quality, performance and stunning good looks every performance-minded boater demands.
Media Contacts:
Jeffery Becker
Custom Marine, Inc.
(920)-722-7084
jeffbecker@tds.net
Chuck Merritt
Lighthouse Communications, Inc.
(262) 619-9770
cmerritt@lighthousecom.net

Essex29
08-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey did you get the Laveycraft deal on the Powerboat mag?

Mandelon
08-13-2005, 09:25 PM
:confused:

Essex29
08-13-2005, 09:27 PM
they comped 2 free issues and then discounted a subscription :)
I'll give you the promo code if you want to re-up your script

WILD LAVEY
08-13-2005, 10:36 PM
mandy, just take the restrictor plates and your good to go.

phebus
08-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I wonder what the headers do to noise levels?

Mandelon
08-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I bet they move them further back... :p

Oh Deere
08-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Was able to obtain the first production set. Gained 4 mph. Still have some prop work to do. Expect to gain one more.

JB in so cal
08-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey Mandy
I am sure the CMI product is nice, but the best value is to remove the turbulators and add the Revolution Marine exhaust. That is what I am doing and should be done here very soon.
http://revolutionmarine.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/bbcexhaust.html
$1,200 for a polished set, tough to beat that :D
'cmon. I suppose you need a 7 sided gangley wrench to do that, huh.

Oh Deere
08-31-2005, 05:42 PM
Ran without tubulators for a bit. Perhaps 1 mph, 100 rpm, and some sound.

98 Vector 21
08-31-2005, 07:20 PM
hummmm....

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-31-2005, 09:26 PM
Custom Marine kit with exhaust and minor mods... $3600
September 05 Powerboat page 41 or www.custommarine.com
Looks pretty simple. Just a couple hours of work....no internals to mess with...$60 per HP is darn cheap.....
Opinions on it......?
And later on in the mag there a Desert Storm section and there is a pic of the channel...I spy the Cowchina and Wildlavey...
That seems like a bit of money for 5 MPH on a mid-sized "V"????
CJG
:confused: