PDA

View Full Version : New cables from Rex?

maxwedge
08-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Sure, I could have used the cool new push pull cable system that I read about in ***boat...but nothing screams "bling" and safety like Zip ties, hose clamps and electrical tape. Don't you agree Rex?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2890pump_pic.jpg

Rexone
08-13-2005, 11:28 PM
You definately got it goin on there :D
I like how you've combined every fix-it gizmo known to man in one compact efficient package.

maxwedge
08-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty proud. Also I'll be calling to order some new cables pretty soon because my wife doesn't believe me that it will last...gave me some B.S. about past repairs gone wrong and how possibly we could die. Such negativity...I've got almost six hours on the shifter repair and I've only had to retape it twice.

Rexone
08-14-2005, 12:25 AM
If the wife does not prevail, consider the following...
piece of 1/2" pvc, cut it lengthwise down the middle. piece of 3/8 fuel line, slice it down one side. Put the fuel line around the cable and the 2 halves of the pvc over it and add some hose clamps clamping it all together. The ski rope should even work too. I can't imagine the bling factor that setup would produce. If you really want to go all out paint the pvc silver and then chip some of the paint off so it matches the reverse bucket. :)

sleekcrafter
08-14-2005, 06:57 AM
MaxWedge, one call to Rex vs two trips to the hardware store, one trip to the sporting goods store. I can see your wife's wisdom :boxed:

maxwedge
08-14-2005, 07:34 AM
MaxWedge, one call to Rex vs two trips to the hardware store, one trip to the sporting goods store. I can see your wife's wisdom :boxed:
Don't be silly Sleekcrafter, my wife has no wisdom. Otherwise she wouldn't have married to me. Besides I already have PVC and hoseclamps in the garage from a repair I made to my airplane the other day (just kidding). :rollside:

sleekcrafter
08-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Holy kryps! did you say AIRPLANE!! you are a sick dude! j/k...don't be silly, all aircraft are manufactured wil common house hold products. Soon everyone will have one :) I prefer bailing wire, it's so versital, fixes most everything :rolleyes:
Sleek