PDA

View Full Version : Live from Long Beach!

LeE ss13
08-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Great boat turn out. 13 GNs, 8 Pro Stocks, a whole bunch of
crackers. The drvivers are in their drivers meeting. Racing starts at 10 am PDT. I'll keep you posted.

LeE ss13
08-14-2005, 10:01 AM
There are 18 Cracker Boxes. 3 qualifying heats.

old rigger
08-14-2005, 05:32 PM
stab and steer took a first in the 3rd heat of crackers (3 heats with 6 crackers in each) and 2nd in the main! He drew the # 7 lane in the main, drove tough, but couldn't catch the first place boat.
He also turned the fasted time of the day.
Can't wait til tomorrow.

old rigger
08-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Once again (sunday) stab&steer took first in his heat and set fast time of the day for crackers. This time he drew lane 8 in the final and again took second place.
Stab&steer (Randy) coming out of the turn.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/stabber1.jpg
It was a blast watching you race and hanging out a little in the pits.
Guy's got balls the size of coconuts.....

old rigger
08-15-2005, 04:15 PM
My old friend Kent Santos on his way to 2nd place (by less than a foot) in the final of the nostalgia class..........
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/kentsantos1.jpg

Stab-n-Steer
08-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Once again (sunday) stab&steer took first in his heat and set fast time of the day for crackers. This time he drew lane 8 in the final and again took second place.
It was a blast watching you race and hanging out a little in the pits.
Guy's got balls the size of coconuts.....
Old Rigger,
It was great to see you as always. You should have come by after the races for a brewsky! Overall it was a great weekend but we're a little disappointed with second. It's pretty hard to run down down the 74 boat (Tustison) from lane 8... It's too bad we had to draw for lanes rather than line up by time. If we would have lined up by time I would have been on the pole both days and I think the results may have been different... Oh well, that's rac'in!
The trophy presentation was a bit different with Dennis "Wild Child" Rankin accepting his trophy butt-ass naked!!!
I will e-mail you my address...
S&S

GofastRacer
08-16-2005, 07:44 AM
How'd the PS and GN's do???..

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-16-2005, 07:55 AM
The trophy presentation was a bit different with Dennis "Wild Child" Rankin accepting his trophy butt-ass naked!!!
I can't say that this is surprising....funny yes! suprising no. :D

Sanger D
08-16-2005, 09:02 AM
hey S N S, is that hull a patterson?I raced a pateerson that looked kinda like that,..........its been a while but it sure was fun, was just kinda gettin meloncaully when I saw those pictures :D

Moneypitt
08-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Art, since you ask:
Sat. GN Q#1 Lance, Joey, ?????
Q#2 Joey, Dennis(Maybe), ?????
Sun Final.......Dennis, GN 9 lead until 1/2 lap to go and broke a whirlaway coming out of the south turn, and Joey in the GN 24 lost fire about 1/2 way thru a good run, and when all was said and done Lance was there to pick up the scraps and take a win.........Jeff Wooton drove Pat Hoban's GN and had a failure of some sort (elect).. and DNF'd. All the GNs put on a great show, Rudy really wanted that win (GN9), but alas, it wasn't to be, the GN24 was really "ON" but some elect. grimlin bit them as well.
PS: Sat. Q grp 1..........PS89, PS52(i think) PS303
grp 2..........PS681,........, PS346,
Final.....PS681, PS89, PS52...(Wooton hurt gears, DNF)
Sun final....PS681, PS52, PS346..
............(PS89 kicked a rod in the Q on Sun. while leading, and was done)
These results are only a "best recollection", as I was kinda busy, and my memory isn't the best. Trying to get ready for this race has created a "blur" that was the last 2 weeks leading up to Long Beach. We brought the boat unfinished, and finished the engine in the pits Fri night, sat morning. Fired it for about 1 1/2 minutes, and hit the water.....It hung for 2 good heats, and was leading on Sun when #3 lower end let go. Hey, thats racing.......Again, to those I left out of the results, Sorry, I just can't remember any more, and what I do remember may also be wrong.....Go figure?..............Ray

126driver
08-16-2005, 10:22 AM
We brought the boat unfinished, and finished the engine in the pits Fri night, sat morning.
WHAT?!! :2purples: Unheard of, I say. :D ;)

old rigger
08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
GN9 boat wasfun to watch. He was honkin' for 19 out of 20 laps in the main.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050322.jpg
GNs in the turn (crappy pic)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050532.jpg
2 of my favorite boats of the weekend...GN 305 is a 1959 Rayson that just had a new deck built by Harlin Orin. I was lucky enough to talk to the owner in the pits for a little bit and he said Rudy Raymos came up and told them
that he use to drive that boat back in the day. I think he said it was the 2nd or 3rd GN out of the mold.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050832.jpg
I lke this shot of Stab&Steers tell-tell tach....9600 rpms!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050912.jpg
Couple more shots....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050492.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050382.jpg

steve d
08-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Only two SS-boats showed up--not surprising. They sure had some beautiful water to run on. I'd like to give Greg Shirley in SS-7, A BIG THUMBS UP!!! First time ever racing a super stock. Seemed to learn a little every lap and always gave the other boat some thing to worry about---NICE JOB GREG.......Steve

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
08-16-2005, 11:48 AM
GN9 boat wasfun to watch. He was honkin' for 19 out of 20 laps in the main.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050322.jpg
GNs in the turn (crappy pic)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050532.jpg
2 of my favorite boats of the weekend...GN 305 is a 1959 Rayson that just had a new deck built by Harlin Orin. I was lucky enough to talk to the owner in the pits for a little bit and he said Rudy Raymos came up and told them
that he use to drive that boat back in the day. I think he said it was the 2nd or 3rd GN out of the mold.
I lke this shot of Stab&Steers tell-tell tach....9600 rpms!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050912.jpg
Couple more shots....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050492.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug13050382.jpg
9600 rpm's on a mech tach is like 7500 rpms on a elec tach......

GofastRacer
08-16-2005, 06:23 PM
(PS89 kicked a rod in the Q on Sun. while leading, and was done)
Thanks for the info Ray, wow sorry to hear that, another rod huh damn that's a bummer to put a new set in and kick one out right away!.. :cry:

lilrick
08-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Art, since you ask:
Sat. GN Q#1 Lance, Joey, ?????
Q#2 Joey, Dennis(Maybe), ?????
Sun Final.......Dennis, GN 9 lead until 1/2 lap to go and broke a whirlaway coming out of the south turn, and Joey in the GN 24 lost fire about 1/2 way thru a good run, and when all was said and done Lance was there to pick up the scraps and take a win.........Jeff Wooton drove Pat Hoban's GN and had a failure of some sort (elect).. and DNF'd. All the GNs put on a great show, Rudy really wanted that win (GN9), but alas, it wasn't to be, the GN24 was really "ON" but some elect. grimlin bit them as well.
PS: Sat. Q grp 1..........PS89, PS52(i think) PS303
grp 2..........PS681,........, PS346,
Final.....PS681, PS89, PS52...(Wooton hurt gears, DNF)
Sun final....PS681, PS52, PS346..
............(PS89 kicked a rod in the Q on Sun. while leading, and was done)
These results are only a "best recollection", as I was kinda busy, and my memory isn't the best. Trying to get ready for this race has created a "blur" that was the last 2 weeks leading up to Long Beach. We brought the boat unfinished, and finished the engine in the pits Fri night, sat morning. Fired it for about 1 1/2 minutes, and hit the water.....It hung for 2 good heats, and was leading on Sun when #3 lower end let go. Hey, thats racing.......Again, to those I left out of the results, Sorry, I just can't remember any more, and what I do remember may also be wrong.....Go figure?..............Ray
howdy Ray thanks for helpin' me out with my lil ol pink jet that took third over all!!!!!!!!! I even got a trophy!

Moneypitt
08-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Art, the rods were the manleys we ran back in 92, re bushed. Spec'd out, don't know yet what or why.............ran hard on Saturday......MP

CircleJerk
08-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Nice job StabNster, you all know I would sure love to have been there! Thanks for the report! Was that Maximus's Gn305?? I see its is Grichar powered, or driven! We sure had fun at our campout!

GofastRacer
08-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Art, the rods were the manleys we ran back in 92, re bushed. Spec'd out, don't know yet what or why.............ran hard on Saturday......MP
And you didn't replace them after kicking one out last time!.. :2purples:

Moneypitt
08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
No Art, these rods never had any issues. We ran them in the 91/92 427 motor. It was retired to run the new 468. That one is the one that scattered, these rods were fine, all 8 of them. Re bushed just because, and checked for length. Went together fine, (they are also pinned so I had to drill the bearings). All the bottom was "good n tight", plenty of skirt to wall, plenty of valve to piston.....IMO, we broke an 8740 ARP bolt, windowed the pan, but didn't bust the block to water this time. I am headed to BHC the end of this, or next week, depending on a few things here in Cal........Ray

GofastRacer
08-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Well glad to hear it didn't take out the block you just bought anyhow!..

kipperps28
08-16-2005, 09:54 PM
HEY!
Congrats to Chris Kenner in the PS-681 "Loud n' Proud". 4 first place heats over the weekend... awesome. At least someone in my house can git r dun.

MAXIMUS
08-17-2005, 05:53 AM
Was that Maximus's Gn305?? I see its is Grichar powered, or driven!
Yes it is... Old Rigger it was nice meeting you, all though I was not aware it was you at the time! We had a blast. Motor ran well despite the mag going away. Boat did not however work worth a shiat but will get ironed out shortly. My buddy Phil Lukens from Blairs speed shop drove in the nostalgia endurance (his first time in a race) Despite running 82.6 & 81.5 he finised 2nd, 3rd, & 1st through out the weekend! Grich got some seat time & WAS able to break the 60 mph barrier & finish more than 1 race! :rolleyes: Had a blast & am looking forward to doing it agian! :)

Stab-n-Steer
08-17-2005, 06:19 AM
hey S N S, is that hull a patterson?I raced a pateerson that looked kinda like that,..........its been a while but it sure was fun, was just kinda gettin meloncaully when I saw those pictures :D
The hull is a WRAP which was splashed off of a wood Patterson many years ago... Which Patterson did you race?
S&S

Stab-n-Steer
08-17-2005, 06:21 AM
Jerry,
We were disappointed you were not filming... :mad: I assume you were in Marble Falls?
S&S

Stab-n-Steer
08-17-2005, 06:30 AM
9600 rpm's on a mech tach is like 7500 rpms on a elec tach......
???
9600 is a stretch because the tach needle bounces and vibrates but trust me, we do turn it 9000-9200. Crackers are direct drive with no overdrive so to go fast you need to spin 'em. The motors are only 314 CUI, and we build them to spin...
S&S

GofastRacer
08-17-2005, 07:12 AM
Yes it is... Old Rigger it was nice meeting you, all though I was not aware it was you at the time! We had a blast. Motor ran well despite the mag going away. Boat did not however work worth a shiat but will get ironed out shortly. My buddy Phil Lukens from Blairs speed shop drove in the nostalgia endurance (his first time in a race) Despite running 82.6 & 81.5 he finised 2nd, 3rd, & 1st through out the weekend! Grich got some seat time & WAS able to break the 60 mph barrier & finish more than 1 race! :rolleyes: Had a blast & am looking forward to doing it agian! :)
Looks great Ben!.. :cool: :cool: :cool:

MAXIMUS
08-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks Art! Next time we will have a different power plant in the back! :crossx:

superdave013
08-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey old nigger and maixpad, ;) would you guys mind if I use this pic for my web site? I can see some Sweet Performance parts in that pic! :D

old rigger
08-17-2005, 09:11 AM
superdork013,
knock yourself out. Of course I'll expect a small, 25% kick back from all future sales of Sweet products. ;)
Here's a few more..........that boat is very cool. Glad now that I spent my last 10 bucks on Sat. and got one of their shirts.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug14050082.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug14050102.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug14050062.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/marinestadiumaug14050012.jpg

steve d
08-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Great Pic's....................steve

old rigger
08-17-2005, 09:58 AM
thanks...

Stab-n-Steer
08-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey old nigger and maixpad, ;) would you guys mind if I use this pic for my web site? I can see some Sweet Performance parts in that pic! :D
SD,
Expected to see you in LB????
S&S

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Jerry,
We were disappointed you were not filming... :mad: I assume you were in Marble Falls?
S&S
What happened to the tv dudes???
I was at the classic boat beach bash, they made me a slightly better offer. :D

MAXIMUS
08-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Dave you may use those pics however I will expect free product forEVER!!! LOL knock yourself out biatch! :boxingguy

superdave013
08-17-2005, 10:23 AM
SD,
Expected to see you in LB????
S&S
I was at a family reunion. I was really bummed to have missed the races.

Stab-n-Steer
08-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Jerry,
They were there but you never know what you'll get with them. With you, we get every lap of racing and excellent quality to boot... We missed ya man! :cry:
S&S

Stab-n-Steer
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
This just in. Rankin has been suspended from the APBA for one year for his stunt! Talk about no sense of humor!

old rigger
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
stabber,
I need your address. Not only do I have a bunch of pictures for you, you're famous! You and Courtney were mentioned in the local paper Monday morning and I have the little article for you. Just don't forget us when you hit the big tme.

old rigger
08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=Stab-n-Steer]This just in. Rankin has been suspended from the APBA for one year for his stunt! Talk about no sense of humor!
Yikes! He should have use a stunt double. (water must have been cold)

superdave013
08-17-2005, 10:36 AM
nice to know that some one else has smaller junk them me! lol

superdave013
08-17-2005, 10:39 AM
BTW, the mods are gonna spank ya for posting naked stuff on this site.
And rightfully so posting a naked dude!! :yuk:
I think it's funny as hell (it would not be funny at all if his junk was bigger then mine, hahahahaha) but ol' Rexone will take a bunch of heat over it if you leave it up.

Michael Minegar
08-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Was that wood deck Rayson in Parker last Sept. There was one that looked allot like that one doing laps from Blue Water to Badenochs. The motor was laying out some smoke in the corners...Just curious Nice red on the head

Moneypitt
08-17-2005, 10:48 AM
WOW!!!!! A one year suspension for violating the inboard crew dress code. Maybe Dennis was protesting the strict rules pertaining to uniforms.......MP

schiada96
08-17-2005, 11:14 AM
He says
"All right I just got this trophy for the worlds smallest dick"
Take it down before REX gets pissed

Moneypitt
08-17-2005, 11:28 AM
I can guarantee everyone that Dennis did not learn that shit at home. What was he thinking???......We still love you David......I feel your pain........Ray

MAXIMUS
08-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Was that wood deck Rayson in Parker last Sept. There was one that looked allot like that one doing laps from Blue Water to Badenochs. The motor was laying out some smoke in the corners...Just curious Nice red on the head
Yea that is the same boat... It lives across from badnochs at Phil lukens (BLAIRS SPEED SHOP) place...

uclahater
08-17-2005, 12:06 PM
WTF :mad: Why wasnt I called if Gritch wasnt going to drive :eat: BASTARD

GofastRacer
08-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks Art! Next time we will have a different power plant in the back! :crossx:
Cool looking forward to seeing it. Hey I have a tank that's similar to the one you have, a little steeper though if you hear of anyone needing one let me know, it's polished stainless!.. :cool:

Stab-n-Steer
08-17-2005, 01:45 PM
BTW, the mods are gonna spank ya for posting naked stuff on this site.
And rightfully so posting a naked dude!! :yuk:
I think it's funny as hell (it would not be funny at all if his junk was bigger then mine, hahahahaha) but ol' Rexone will take a bunch of heat over it if you leave it up.
I took mine down but old riggers reply is still up. He will have to edit it...
S&S

MAXIMUS
08-17-2005, 01:53 PM
WTF :mad: Why wasnt I called if Gritch wasnt going to drive :eat: BASTARD
Funny you said that! I heard that more than once this weekend... Phil is a long time amigo of mine & expressed interest in driving when I got involved with this deal. He is a natural & will do very well in the future... Grich drove like a maniac despite the ill handling of the boat... :messedup:

Chris Kenner - PS681
08-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Gotta say thanks to some people who made Long Beach the most awesome weekend of racing I have had in my 15+ years in the sport.
- Jeff Brochheuser - PS681 team owner for an outstanding boat & great opportunity.
- Jnr. Davis PS681 Crew Chief, Terry Linblad & Travis Stearns for getting an awesome boat prepared, together & to the races for us.
- Colleen Davis for putting up with Jnr. & travelling all over the country with him.
- Larry Hamilton for the use of his racing equipment, tools, spares, ezy up, chairs etc... You name we took it from his shop to Long Beach with us. Thanks mate!!!!
- Ugly Kid Joe, Liquid Fix crew member for his truck & for towing the boat down & back for us, also for the use of his shop at home to store the boat.
- Our great crew that helped out in any way they could & worked their butts off over the weekend at Long Beach. All from the Liquid Fix team!!! Fish, Joe, Larry, Bear, Mickey, Scott, Fay, Eric & Ann. It was pretty damn cool to have all of you guys together at the races again.
- A huge thank you to Jeff Wooten of the PS346 team for the ignition parts you gave us to use along with Bud Gilbert & Huey for their help in getting us up & running again on Saturday morning when we had some problems. You wanna see the by far the best engineered & best looking capsule flatbottom boat in the country. Check Wooten's new boat out, once sorted it will be awesome. It is a credit to everyone who was involved in building it.
- Bergeron Marine Brian & Phil thanks so much guys for your advice & help with props & boat setup.
- Dan, Denny, Connie & Gina Bertone & the entire Broadminded - ss29 team, we had a great weekend playing around with the Super Stock. Looking forward to San Diego.
- Greg Sherry who now has the ss7 boat previously raced by Tim Hoffman, thanks for the parts you lent us mate. Great to have you out on the water with us, you did a great job for your first race. Look forward to seeing you at San Diego.
- To SCSC, all of the rescue teams & everyone that helped make Long Beach happen. Thanks for a great, fun & safe weekend of racing. Can't wait for next year.
- Our sponsors: Plumbing Dynamics, Butte Steel & Fabrication, PB's Prop Shop, Durham Metal Tech, Dempsey's Automotive, Butte Boat Works, Toziers Hardware, Liquid Fix.com, Bergeron Engineering, Kenner Bros. Racing, Petterson Motorsports, SRP Race Products, Phil & Tom's Brake Service, GT Performance.
- This whole deal is one awesome team effort for both the PS681 & SS29 teams & without all of you it does happen. To everyone above & anyone I have missed. Thanks so much guys, I appreciate your help & support greatly. Couldn't do it without ya'll !!!!! I'm pretty happy to say the least!!!! :shift: :shift: :shift:

Riverkid
08-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Gotta say thanks to some people who made Long Beach the most awesome weekend of racing I have had in my 15+ years in the sport.
- Jeff Brochheuser - PS681 team owner for an outstanding boat & great opportunity.
- Jnr. Davis PS681 Crew Chief, Terry Linblad & Travis Stearns for getting an awesome boat prepared, together & to the races for us.
- Colleen Davis for putting up with Jnr. & travelling all over the country with him.
- Larry Hamilton for the use of his racing equipment, tools, spares, ezy up, chairs etc... You name we took it from his shop to Long Beach with us. Thanks mate!!!!
- Ugly Kid Joe, Liquid Fix crew member for his truck & for towing the boat down & back for us, also for the use of his shop at home to store the boat.
- Our great crew that helped out in any way they could & worked their butts off over the weekend at Long Beach. All from the Liquid Fix team!!! Fish, Joe, Larry, Bear, Mickey, Scott, Fay, Eric & Ann. It was pretty damn cool to have all of you guys together at the races again.
- A huge thank you to Jeff Wooten of the PS346 team for the ignition parts you gave us to use along with Bud Gilbert & Huey for their help in getting us up & running again on Saturday morning when we had some problems. You wanna see the by far the best engineered & best looking capsule flatbottom boat in the country. Check Wooten's new boat out, once sorted it will be awesome. It is a credit to everyone who was involved in building it.
- Bergeron Marine Brian & Phil thanks so much guys for your advice & help with props & boat setup.
- Dan, Denny, Connie & Gina Bertone & the entire Broadminded - ss29 team, we had a great weekend playing around with the Super Stock. Looking forward to San Diego.
- Greg Sherry who now has the ss7 boat previously raced by Tim Hoffman, thanks for the parts you lent us mate. Great to have you out on the water with us, you did a great job for your first race. Look forward to seeing you at San Diego.
- To SCSC, all of the rescue teams & everyone that helped make Long Beach happen. Thanks for a great, fun & safe weekend of racing. Can't wait for next year.
- Our sponsors: Plumbing Dynamics, Butte Steel & Fabrication, PB's Prop Shop, Durham Metal Tech, Dempsey's Automotive, Butte Boat Works, Toziers Hardware, Liquid Fix.com, Bergeron Engineering, Kenner Bros. Racing, Petterson Motorsports, SRP Race Products, Phil & Tom's Brake Service, GT Performance.
- This whole deal is one awesome team effort for both the PS681 & SS29 teams & without all of you it does happen. To everyone above & anyone I have missed. Thanks so much guys, I appreciate your help & support greatly. Couldn't do it without ya'll !!!!! I'm pretty happy to say the least!!!! :shift: :shift: :shift:
That's a class act, right there. Congrtas! :D

BROADMINDED
08-18-2005, 06:11 AM
Thanks For The Mention There Chris. We Had Alot Of Fun This Weekend, Cant Wait For San Diego. Glad We Can Help Out When We Can. We All Had A Great Time.

rossdbos
08-19-2005, 12:05 PM
One of the photographers was kind enough to send me the link below of some great shots of the LB Sprint Nationals 2005. Enjoy!
Ross ;)
http://www.mapmods.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=54

victorfb
08-19-2005, 12:37 PM
great thread, and some great pics. looks like i really missed out on a great show.

rossdbos
08-19-2005, 02:16 PM
APBA/ SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SPEEDBOAT CLUB
2005 LONG BEACH SPRINT NATIONALS
August 13th & 14th, 2005
Long Beach Marine Stadium, Long Beach, CA – After experiencing the large turnout of boats and spectators at last years SCSC event at the famed Marine Stadium, this year proved to be an even bigger success for SCSC & Foothill Unity Center. Throngs of spectators lined the both sides of Marine Stadium to watch some of the best Circle boat racing in the country. Two National Championships decided and two repeat winners. Congratulations to Lanse Haselrig #790 “My Pleasure” who passed a heartbroken Dennis Rankin #9 “Rayson Craft” who broke at the top end of the course while leading on the last lap of the 20 lap Main National Championship heat and to Steve Tustison and Jeff Hansen who teamed up again in 2005 and overcame stiff competition by 17 other top competitors in the nation to win the APBA 2005 Summer National Championships. Congratulations to all teams that competed in this years event.
The following is the recap of overall 1st, 2nd & 3rd by class:
SST-45 (Western Formula Light Series Round # 4)
Place Driver Hometown Sponsor Boat #
1st Place- R.J. West, Manteca, CA Revolution Boats 45
2nd Place-Spencer Love, Thous. Oaks, CA Clover Construction 24
3rd Place- Warren West, Manteca, CA Red Line Oil 25
Pro-Stock (Western Pro Stock Series Round #4)
Place Driver Hometown Boat Name Boat #
1st Place- Chris Kenner, Seattle, WA “Loud & Proud” #681
2nd Place- Brad Allerton, Castro Valley “Grumpy II” #52
3rd Place- Jeff Wooton, Pasadena, CA “The Rocket” #346
Nostalgia Flat
Place Driver Hometown Boat Name Boat#
1st Place- Kent Santos, Buena Park, CA “Misbehavin” SK#157
2nd Place-Brad Stellman, Torrance, CA “Spearmint Rhino” #711
3rd Place- Dave Chandler, Las Vegas, NV “Mead Snake” #855
Nostalgia Endurance
Place Driver Hometown Boat Name Boat#
1st Place-Matt Wooton, Salt Lake City, UT “Spearmint Rhino #711