PDA

View Full Version : this sunday?

NautiII
05-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Is anyone going to be at either Saguaro or Canyon this sunday? it is going to be my first time out with the boat, and would like some help setting the water lines. if not, I will just wing it. unless you can give me some pointers! thanks!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Scott, I will try to get out there to help you. If not rule of thumb us 2 1/2 turns from wide open on both is almost good. Remember that you want to see water come in at 1500r's and dry @ idle. If you get water in at idle then OPEN the valve on the dumpline. If you get too much temp at idle then OPEN the valve on the incomming line. If the temp @ idle is too cold then COLSE the valve on the incomming line. You want to see around 170-180* at idle. Dont worry about temp while running because you will see a 40-50* drop in temp. If it gets too hot then the valve is closed or plugged up. Call me if you have any last minute q's. Remember to check the timming(about 30-31*) and check float levels on the carb. Grease the main bearing on the pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun and be safe;)

NautiII
05-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Scott, I will try to get out there to help you. If not rule of thumb us 2 1/2 turns from wide open on both is almost good. Remember that you want to see water come in at 1500r's and dry @ idle. If you get water in at idle then OPEN the valve on the dumpline. If you get too much temp at idle then OPEN the valve on the incomming line. If the temp @ idle is too cold then COLSE the valve on the incomming line. You want to see around 170-180* at idle. Dont worry about temp while running because you will see a 40-50* drop in temp. If it gets too hot then the valve is closed or plugged up. Call me if you have any last minute q's. Remember to check the timming(about 30-31*) and check float levels on the carb. Grease the main bearing on the pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun and be safe;)
Thanks Mike. you have been a BIG help on this whole project! Thanks for your patience!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks Mike. you have been a BIG help on this whole project! Thanks for your patience!
Anytime scott;) I had to learn and I asked the same q's you did. THats how we all learn;)

taxman
05-06-2006, 02:41 PM
I will be at Canyon Tomorrow

NautiII
05-06-2006, 04:12 PM
I will be at Canyon Tomorrow
being new to the Arizona waterways, what is the better lake for jets? Canyon, Saguaro, Pleasant? not really sure, but willing to experiment!

cave
05-07-2006, 03:33 PM
So how did it go? Where did you go? Cant wait to get my interior redone so I can get the boat back in the water. 91° today. Mid to late May is looking real good.
I'd like to hit up the Salt chain of lakes this summer ( Apache, Canyon and Suguaro) and Bartlett. Maybe some Jet / V-drive get togthers. I like all Lo pro boats. So put the popcorn away. :D
Bartlett sould have some beaches this summer. Hopefully.

460 jus getn it
05-07-2006, 05:30 PM
How did it go???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

NautiII
05-07-2006, 08:29 PM
well, let me say.......it was AWSOME! I set the valves about halfway yesterday, when I put the water lines back together. we ended up going to Canyon lake by the way. anyway, I got the boat in the water, fired it up, and did not have to touch anything! the water came on about 2000 rpm. no spit, no sputters, it ran like a top. got several compliments on the boat! the only thing is, I got a leak somewhere. some water is was finding its way into the bilge. gotta locate that. but, all in all, it was a great day! so, if anyone is going on sundays, let us know. we are READY!!!!!!!! the boat did run kinda cool. it never got above 140. I am going to turn the gate valve about a quarter turn on the next outing to see if it gives me a little more heat.
p.s. I forgot the damn camera! a friend of mine took a couple pics though. will post them when I get them!!