PDA

View Full Version : freakin' rain...

ECeptor
08-14-2005, 07:24 PM
...is killing my lake time this weekend! We need it, but why can't it come monday thru friday???

Shark In The Pond
08-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Did you forget to pray to the lake gods ?

ECeptor
08-15-2005, 11:00 AM
must have...it's been raining all day today also!!!

fat rat
08-15-2005, 12:05 PM
i'll be glad to trade you weather..............hazy, hot (102) and humid here. :cool:

ECeptor
08-15-2005, 01:37 PM
I'd gladly trade you for this 66°F cloudy dizzle...

fat rat
08-15-2005, 03:17 PM
I'd gladly trade you for this 66°F cloudy dizzle...
Couldn't we just find a happy medium. :mix:

Shark In The Pond
08-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Been raining here all day in West Tx.

Infomaniac
08-15-2005, 06:14 PM
We did'nt take the fast boat out today due to weather.
But had a pretty awesome experience yesterday in the family boat.
Saw a big storm coming about 7:30 PM and headed for the ramp. Looked like the storm was going to intercept us as soon as we got on the trailer so headed back out to the lake. Started raining so we got close to the bank and threw out the anchor. Got the tarp out and sat under it for 45 minutes or so while it thundered and lightning etc.. When it was over pulled up the anchor and it was snagged on someone's trout line. A 30 lb catfish started flopping around like crazy. Was a big hit with the kids. they had never seen a fish that big.

Seadog
08-16-2005, 07:06 AM
I spent Friday and Saturday at Skiatook. The big problem was every time a front would go through it would get nasty winds. Saturday wasn't too bad. Windy in the morning and then it died out for awhile. They had a Poker Run at Black Dog and I don't know if that was why they were there, but there wer several tunnel, big Bajas and other power boats. At the cliffs there was a majority party going on for Skiatook. A huge Chris Craft power boat pulled it with a red speedboat. They had three Hooter girls and a pair in bikinis that spent a couple of hours skank dancing. It was amusing, but that is a family area and really not the place for that.
It was fabulous when I left Saturday after six, but I only got to Cleveland when it turned nasty. I was getting blasted by 50 mph winds along 64 going to Pawnee and had to keep it at 35 mph to stay on the road. Once I got past Pawnee, things got better, but I could do without that very often.

ECeptor
08-16-2005, 08:31 AM
We did'nt take the fast boat out today due to weather.
But had a pretty awesome experience yesterday in the family boat.
Saw a big storm coming about 7:30 PM and headed for the ramp. Looked like the storm was going to intercept us as soon as we got on the trailer so headed back out to the lake. Started raining so we got close to the bank and threw out the anchor. Got the tarp out and sat under it for 45 minutes or so while it thundered and lightning etc.. When it was over pulled up the anchor and it was snagged on someone's trout line. A 30 lb catfish started flopping around like crazy. Was a big hit with the kids. they had never seen a fish that big.
Did you eat it?

Carnivalride
08-16-2005, 08:44 AM
...is killing my lake time this weekend! We need it, but why can't it come monday thru friday???
It still raining thanks to you ED. LOL Are you ready to go???

ECeptor
08-16-2005, 08:51 AM
It still raining thanks to you ED. LOL Are you ready to go???
Since you asked, my luck is only getting worse! I leave tomorrow for Germany to meet with a supplier about a F**ckup on their part. You know the one...name starts with an "R" and ends with a "oth". I'll be traveling home Saturday...so Sunday on the water at the earliest! :(

Carnivalride
08-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Since you asked, my luck is only getting worse! I leave tomorrow for Germany to meet with a supplier about a F**ckup on their part. You know the one...name starts with an "R" and ends with a "oth". I'll be traveling home Saturday...so Sunday on the water at the earliest! :(
Sorry to hear that Ed. Is it the same gearbox issues they had when I was there? :idea: Maybe I can get mine broke-in before you get back. :D Let me know when you get back in town.
Loren

ECeptor
08-16-2005, 10:29 AM
In retrospect we got the wrong root cause to the first problems. Good news is now that we understand it should be an easy fix going forward. Hard part is convincing the boys in Germany and Scotland to make the change.
Keep me up to date on how your sea trials go. I'll plan on a day to help you with tuning.

OkieDave
08-16-2005, 11:14 AM
I was there in my Firehawk. Did not have the winning hand but got a prize for the fastest boat. The Chris Craft and the Red Concord are friends of mine and regulars at Skiatook. sat morn rain was a bummer but the rest of the day was good.

Seadog
08-16-2005, 11:44 AM
I haven't been to Skiatook for awhile. I assumed that the Hooter girls were part of the poker run. Can't see wearing the outfits for a day of boating. They also looked like they felt out of place.
One problem I noticed was the number of big speed boats going like crazy north of the highway. As winding and narrow as it gets along there, they were creating some major wake problems. I suspect that if that is the norm, there will be some clamping down on speeds. Some of the wakes were causing problems for the smaller boats and there is not enough room to turn into the wakes, especially when they get passed within a few feet.
This was my first time since they built the new marina and they are already planning an expansion of the slips. It looks like the new marina is attracting a different crowd than before. In a way, it is a pity, but also nonsense to think that things were going to stay as they were.

OSUman
08-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Lake Eufaula was beuatiful saturday even though the lake is down about 10', which means lots of stumps looking up.
Hey Seadog what lake do you usually go to.

ECeptor
08-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I was there in my Firehawk....got a prize for the fastest boat.
After seeing your boat a couple weekends ago, I can certainly believe that!

Seadog
08-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Lately, I have been keeping my boat at Grand because my aunt has a cove I can use and most of the family is in the area. I try to get to Texoma and Skiatook at least once a year for outings with friends. Carl Blackwell and Sooner are where I go for a quick hour or two when the boat is at home.

ECeptor
08-26-2005, 06:49 PM
It's official - wettest August in history for Wichita...damnit! :hammerhea
BUT keeping my fingers crossed 'cause they are showing no rain for the weekend.

Carnivalride
08-27-2005, 03:54 AM
It's official - wettest August in history for Wichita...damnit! :hammerhea
BUT keeping my fingers crossed 'cause they are showing no rain for the weekend.
Ed,
If it doesn't rain Saturday I'll be at Cheney sometime in the afternoon until I run out of fuel or have problems. :idea: Hope for the best! :D :D

ECeptor
08-27-2005, 04:52 AM
Ed,
If it doesn't rain Saturday I'll be at Cheney sometime in the afternoon until I run out of fuel or have problems. :idea: Hope for the best! :D :D
Call Jason. I think he'll be around. I have family in town Saturday, but will be out there Sunday.
Good luck and let me know how it goes!

ECeptor
08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Un-freakin-believable!!!! Rain AGAIN!!!
Jason and I got 45mins on water time before the lightening started in. I had to go north before east from Cheney lake to avoid getting pounded by rain and hail. Hit rain about 10 mins from home and had to put the cover on in a decent rain. Lightening like crazy. 4th weekend in a row punked by rain!!!

olbiezer
08-29-2005, 04:42 PM
u want rain??????? come to mississippi ......got a little storm coming monday......

ECeptor
08-29-2005, 05:02 PM
u want rain??????? come to mississippi ......got a little storm coming monday......
Yeah, I got nothin' compared to you folks down there. Scary stuff. I've been watching the news all evening and I feel for ya. Be safe and head to the high ground.
Better yet, roll up here to Kansas for a week or so!

Carnivalride
08-30-2005, 03:42 AM
Un-freakin-believable!!!! Rain AGAIN!!!
Jason and I got 45mins on water time before the lightening started in. I had to go north before east from Cheney lake to avoid getting pounded by rain and hail. Hit rain about 10 mins from home and had to put the cover on in a decent rain. Lightening like crazy. 4th weekend in a row punked by rain!!!
I told ya to come out with me Saturday! :D :D
Sorry ya got punk'd :messedup: :messedup: :frown:
At least its only thunderstorms and not that hurricane! :2purples: :2purples: