PDA

View Full Version : 259 was to race this weekend...but,

Waldo
08-14-2005, 10:14 PM
he's hurt again.
The following is a release from Kawasaki-
Team KawasakiÂ’s James Stewart was involved in a crash [Thursday, August 11] while practicing at Glen Helen Raceway Park in San Bernardino, Calif. He was driven to his personal physician immediately following the crash for an evaluation. According to his physician, Stewart sustained a severe hematoma in his lower right hip.
After consulting with his physician and Team Kawasaki it was determined that the best course of action is for Stewart to refrain from riding to avoid aggravating the injury any further. As a result, Stewart will miss his scheduled return to 250 motocross competition this weekend at Spring Creek Motocross Park in Millville, Minn.
Looks like RC will dominate again, and again, and again...ATTA BOY!!!

upsman105
08-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Even when that idiot raced it never effected R.C.
Except when he landed on him because he couldn't beat him. :D

Racer277
08-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Even when that idiot raced it never effected R.C.
Except when he landed on him because he couldn't beat him. :D
He's no idiot. Just a kid with a LOT of pressure from a lot of different directions.
It would truly be a struggle to stay in the sport you love trying to do the right thing (championship) for your employer, when you are being offered silly (unlimited) money to go do something you have no love for (neckcar).
When RC came into 250's he was no different. He calmed down and went faster after a season also...

Dribble
08-15-2005, 07:51 AM
He's no idiot. Just a kid with a LOT of pressure from a lot of different directions.
It would truly be a struggle to stay in the sport you love trying to do the right thing (championship) for your employer, when you are being offered silly (unlimited) money to go do something you have no love for (neckcar).
When RC came into 250's he was no different. He calmed down and went faster after a season also...
I agree. That kid (and remember he's only 19) is no idiot. Everyone wants a piece of him right now. between the money, the fame and the pressure he's struggling. Eventually RC will be beat and James will probably be the one who does it. Just like when Ricky beat McGrath. Don't count him out right now. He's got almost as much heart as Ricky. He just needs some of his discipline.

BLT4SPD
08-15-2005, 01:01 PM
how can you say he is a kid,have you ever seen his car collection,he sure spends money without any pressure.it is just what everyone said"he is going to win or get hurt".look at r.c.he is a pro,go by bubba,s pit sometime there are rappers and other people in the who are tag alongs in there.r.c. is the champ because he deservesit.but i am a fUll on WINDHAM fan.

Mrs.Racer277
08-15-2005, 01:36 PM
don't be bubba hatin', if you don't know him, you really shouldn't make stupid ass comments about him and his character. grow up people and enjoy something you will never be able to do, jack asses :lightsabe - keyes
I wanna hang with keyes. He gets to know everyone. :)

upsman105
08-15-2005, 01:51 PM
He is a punk, you can say he is young, but so is Pastrana, who has more
talent than anyone, and he is not the punk Bubba is, and never was. I
don't care how young you are, you are still responsible for your actions,
judging by his dads actions though, he was raised that way, and in that
respect should not be responsible if you say so.

BLT4SPD
08-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Its not that you hate bubba,but everybody(even that jackass david bailey)made such a big deal about bubba you have to expect something from him.he will do better, but r.c. will always be a better rider.We go to every national out door race on the west coast,bubba is a pro rider,very fast,but not always in control,that is part of the game .He will come around,when he gets on that 450(around mid 2006)he just might hurt himself, bad.He might not be peoples favorite rider,but we dont want him to get hurt.he is one of the reasons we all go to the races.

Racer277
08-15-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm the first to agree that everyone made too much of bubba too soon.
BUT, Pastrana, ha ha, he doesn't have half the skill Bubba has, and Pastrana is a Hero. He just decided to waste his talents and body on freestyle. His choice.
You can't hate Bubba for what everyone else said about him. He was a little cocky early, but he's no Alessi. He backs up the talk with a lot of speed. Anyone who has seen him race knows that. There have been several (sx) races where his 125 times were faster than the 250's.
Remember Ricky's first 250 season? What a disaster, he was lucky to survive.
Not to insult Windham, he's great and the nicest guy, but we are talking about champions here, right?
Come on, just be happy Bubba hasn't gone to Nascar yet.

upsman105
08-15-2005, 02:24 PM
BUT, Pastrana, ha ha, he doesn't have half the skill Bubba has, and Pastrana is a Hero. He just decided to waste his talents and body on freestyle. His choice.
I didn't realize, doing what you love, making millions of dollars and doing things
people never dreamed possible was a waste of your talent. I really don't like
freestyle, and wish he would have stuck with racing, but I would never call
Travis a waste. As for half the talent, put bubba and all his talent in a
rally car and see how well he does.

BLT4SPD
08-15-2005, 02:33 PM
not to change the subject,but hey RACER277what the heck is Mike Brown doing going to the motocross de nations.do you think he has what it takes to rep.u.s.a.Hepler and langston seem to be doing pretty good,what do you think?

Racer277
08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
not to change the subject,but hey RACER277what the heck is Mike Brown doing going to the motocross de nations.do you think he has what it takes to rep.u.s.a.Hepler and langston seem to be doing pretty good,what do you think?
Well, it's (MXDN) always an interesting subject, trying to ask guys that you know will agree to go, as it's awkward when the riders say they don't want to go.
MBrown has much more experience with the format, has the skill, and will rep us very well. Don't know that Helper would have the endurance. Could Langston even rep for USA?
As for Pastrana, I've defended him too many times. I think frrestyle was a waste of his talent. This from a fan that saw too many boring Mc/RC walkaway races for a few years, I wish TP was there to bring it to either of them. He had the speed and the skill to be a 250 World Champ, instead he went freestyle. I know all of the arguments of 250k for a weekend, don't have to work out, blah, blah, blah. In 10 years, many will still know who the 05 SX World Champion was, but will they know who the 05 FS World Champ was?
I know Bubba came in cocky, and expected to do well. I'm an RC fan, and glad it didn't happen. I'm also glad it showed a lot of big mouths that RC isn't done, and that we race because there just isn't any other way to settle this stuff. If we all knew it all, we wouldn't have to line up.

BLT4SPD
08-15-2005, 04:26 PM
I know what you mean.up at Washugal in the second moto when r.c. got passed k-dub everybody started packing up and leaving.The race just began people knew what the end was going to be. What about De Coster going as the manager and he is from europe,do you think that would sit odd to the people there?You are right T.P.has alot of talent, too bad he is all banged up,he had it goin-on.well good luck to the boys,they wont let us down.

Dribble
08-15-2005, 05:31 PM
go by bubba,s pit sometime there are rappers and other people in the who are tag alongs in there.
The last time I saw Bubba's pit he had a kid that was sick with cancer there from the Make A Wish Foundation. If that's what you call a tag along.

upsman105
08-15-2005, 06:54 PM
You're right, poor him with that 250, oh wait that is the same bike Byrne is
riding, without any complaints, and oh yeah he seems to be able to clear all
the jumps. But I'm sure he wouldn't just be making up excuses because
he can't hang with the big boys...yet.

upsman105
08-15-2005, 07:01 PM
What clue Byrne is a 9th place rider, so what?? Do you really think he
would have placed higher on a 4 stroke?

BLT4SPD
08-15-2005, 07:11 PM
I guess dribble has not been to a race like phonix or vegas.we are not bashing bubba but, if you want to run with the dogs ,you have to sleep in the street.this was supose to be the year of bubba and it didn't pan out.don't loose any sleep over it.

upsman105
08-15-2005, 07:14 PM
isn't this thread about bubba, and not byrner ? .... you're comparing apples to oranges. to put byrner in the same breathe with james, is ridiculous. granted, he is an awesome rider (we shared the same sponser for a couple of years), but you brought him up like some point was going to be made .... i still havn't found it :2purples:
Let me put this on a 2nd grade level so you can understand...they are both
riding the same exact bike. And only one is blaming his performance on the
bike...

Racer277
08-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Let me put this on a 2nd grade level so you can understand...they are both
riding the same exact bike. And only one is blaming his performance on the
bike...
I haven't heard Bubba blame the bike for anything. He willingly signed with Kawi knowing they wouldn't have a 450 for him.
They could have given him the 450 a few weeks ago, but they would lose a whole prototype season with it if they did, so they made the right decision to wait until next year.
If anything, he is guilty of trying too hard with inferior equipment, no one will win an outdoor with a 250 again, barring an act of god.

BLT4SPD
08-15-2005, 07:32 PM
he has already said"it will take a 450 to catch R.C"., to pass him and make it stick will be a whole differant story.

RACRJEFF
08-16-2005, 12:00 PM
I haven't heard Bubba blame the bike for anything. He willingly signed with Kawi knowing they wouldn't have a 450 for him.
They could have given him the 450 a few weeks ago, but they would lose a whole prototype season with it if they did, so they made the right decision to wait until next year.
If anything, he is guilty of trying too hard with inferior equipment, no one will win an outdoor with a 250 again, barring an act of god.
unless RC rides one , he waxed KW,CR AND DV and RED DAWG and they were all on 450s. and at the des nations he waxed some unknown 8 time world champion named Stefan Everts and oh yeah and he was a factory YZF500 which will kill any 450 in the states. Bubba need not even worry about RC he cant even beat KW and Reed and hell fonseca was startin to close the gap on him.

Havasu47
08-16-2005, 12:04 PM
unless RC rides one , he waxed KW,CR AND DV and RED DAWG and they were all on 450s. and at the des nations he waxed some unknown 8 time world champion named Stefan Everts and oh yeah and he was a factory YZF500 which will kill any 450 in the states. Bubba need not even worry about RC he cant even beat KW and Reed and hell fonseca was startin to close the gap on him.
When RC raced on a 250, he didn't have to race RC :D :D

Tom Slick
08-16-2005, 12:58 PM
First of all, when was the last time that any of you lined up at a national? Let alone at the age of 19, with huge factory contracts, pressure put on you by not only yourself, your boss's, your family, the media and your fans? IÂ’m going to guess and say probably never, so where do any of you get off on criticizing Bubba? Bubba is young, immature and has some growing up to do. He kind of reminds me of the guy wearing the #4 back when he was young and dumb. Here's a little reminder: When RC was Bubba's age, he was a cocky little prick. Fans all across the country booed him and criticized him at every opportunity. They hated him for having the confidence that he could beat McGrath. He crashed a lot and at times didnÂ’t get the results he was expected to get. But RC grew up, matured and figured out how to get it done. He is now a fan favorite every where he shows up and heÂ’s the media darling of the motocross world.
RC grew into the champion that he is. James will hopefully get there someday too. He has more talent on a motocross bike then even RC, but he hasnÂ’t figured out how to put it all together yet. RC was winning championships long before Bubba was even racing big bikes. If you think about BubbaÂ’s season, it is understandable why his results have not been what were expected. You can first blame the media for all of the hype. Stewart was already feeling tons of pressure from all of the pre-season hype before the gate even dropped at A1. Yes, he hyped himself up a bit to, but at the level he is at any racer will tell you, you better be confident in you ability. Then he breaks his arm at Phoenix, thus missing the next 8 races. DonÂ’t forget that while Bubba was on the side lines, RC and Reed were both racing.
Stewart came back and won a couple of races, but hurt his thumb at Vegas. Leading into the outdoor season he was already injured. I think he was also a bit over confident going into the outdoors, but think about why. He came back from a broken arm and beat Reed and RC in SX, he at times set faster lap times over RC in last years outdoor season riding a 125 when RC was on a 450. He was super confident because of the way he was able to smoke the competition last year in the 125 class too. Last year was easy for him on the 125, thus making him think that this year would be a cake walk too. Well, the gate dropped on the first moto at Hangtown and Stewart and the rest of the pack soon found out that RC was still the man and that no matter what they did from that point on they would all still be behind the eight ball for the rest of the season. For Stewart, the 125 was lighter and less powerful then the 250, so it took less effort and conditioning for him to ride it for 2 35 minute motos. The 250 takes more strength and endurance, and it is obvious the Stewart was not prepared for that. RC is in unbelievable shape and will just wear you out in a 35 minute moto. For anyone to beat him, Stewart included will have to step up to the plate big time.
ItÂ’s called maturity and Bubba needs some of it. He will grow into a champion, but it may take the veteran RC to retire before he can go the distance. RC is smart, mature, confident and on good equipment. For Bubba to ride an outdoor national on a 250 is like going to a gun fight with a knife. Between being over confident, injured, unprepared and on an inferior bike, Bubba was forced to ride over his head in an effort to keep RC and the boys in sight. Chalk this year up to a learning experience and watch out come SX 2006. Bubba can only get better from hear and for our sport, lets hope that he does, because we need him.

Tom Slick
08-16-2005, 01:23 PM
damm tom slick, "got a few things to say?". lets try keepin this thing to say, a couple paragraph's. you don't want to lose any of these arm chair racers. but once i finally got thru it, it's all valid, and i agree, but it is also a lot of what has already been said before. - oh ya, how did you do this past weekend out at "millville" ? :) = keyes
Yeah, sorry about the length, I'm just sick of all of the Bubba bashing that has been going on the last couple of months. People need to understand what it is like to be in his shoes before they start to criticize him.
Heck I wish I was at Millville, but had I made it to that level it would still have been a few years ago. Injuries, burn out, girls and fast boats ended my career. :D

BLT4SPD
08-16-2005, 02:19 PM
everybody has to quit worring about the BUBBA BASHERS it is just what people think they have there favorite riders and the ones they are not fond of.freedom of speech.there will be arace some day when they are all in it,rc kw,dv,cr,bubba and the rest, it will be good (hope k-dub takes it)they will finish with the best rider first and we can all get on HOT BOATand talk about it :cool: nuff-said

RACRJEFF
08-16-2005, 07:12 PM
TOM SLICK RC won the 125 title is first full year in outdoors and has not lost a outdoor title since, i like Bubba i do. i rode Team green KX 500s in the desert and raced 80s with his mechanics brother Joel Albrecht, but Bubba bashed Alessi for talkin smack last year and then he goes to say Ricky wont dominate this year, his mouth not his riding or his bike size got the Bubba bashers out in force. Reed KW, they just say hey i got waxed. Bubba seems to have some sorta excuse everytime. and as far as the 250 thing i was at the Pro Circuit test track with my buddy when he said my 250 is so fast, it dont matter if ricky is on a 450, then he made that statement public, bad move. I think S.X. will be good, i pick CR to win the title with RC second and KW third. I think James will win some rounds but he will try to destroy them and wad it up instead of just winning by a few seconds. We will see talk is talk.

upsman105
08-16-2005, 08:54 PM
R.C. may have been cocky, everybody is sometimes.
But I don't ever remember him, or anyone, doing the sprinkler or the wiggly
worm, or whatever you call it. We don't need that stupidity in the sport.
Keep talking though you sound just like him...excuse, excuse, excuse...
the bike is inferior...he is too young...his isn't in as good physical shape...the
pressure from everybody is too much...and of course he is the only one who
has these problem...

BLT4SPD
08-17-2005, 07:11 AM
i dont remember o'mara,ward,johnson or stanton being like that.the sport has changed.what are you going to do.

mxbundy
08-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I would like to chime in here. I have been a big SX and MX fan since the 70`s.
And what amazes me about the modern era is how one rider can dominate and all the others just lay down and take it.
I respect what McGrath and Ricky have done for the sport, in getting national atention and all. But the actual racing has suffered. I have introduced none riders to the sport through out the years and brought many of them to the Anahiem Sx, but they always seem to lose interest after a couple, after always seing the same guy check out and not getting to see any real racing.
That is what nascar has been so sucesful in acomplishing. Real wheel to wheel racing with many drivers in contention right up to the end.
What has caused this? Who knows? Their is many ideas being tossed out buy the mags etc. But I think that it is the general lack of conditioning on most of the riders and of the tracks being to technical.
I remember when McGrath used to complain about the tracks being too easy, but at those races he was actually chalanged and he knew the more technical a track the easier it was for him to dominate.
The greatest SX race in history was the one in Ana. between Baily and Johnson ( 86 I think )on a track that wouldnt challenge a 80 novice rider now.
But the RACING was great. Seeing riders clear huge tripples is great, but they tend to dictate a one line corner both before and after to get the drive and a safe landing zone thus leading to a follow the leader type race that rewards the holeshot artists.
I am actually a huge GNCC fan. You guys should try and catch one on OLN sometime. These races seperate the men from the boys with their 3 + hour times. It introduces stratgy to the mix.
But no doubt Bubba will get it all together and go on a several year run of dominance. But I think the sport needs to get back to its roots when you never knew who was gonna win. The 80`s was the best time to be a SX or MX fan.
bundy

Racer277
08-17-2005, 08:39 AM
R.C. may have been cocky, everybody is sometimes.
But I don't ever remember him, or anyone, doing the sprinkler or the wiggly
worm, or whatever you call it. We don't need that stupidity in the sport.
Really, we do need that in the sport. When I was in the industry (early 90's), it was on the verge of dying. Jap mx bikes were so expensive (3k+) for a kid's bike, that the market was in trouble. New kids were not being brought in for a number of reasons, cost, interest, etc. Then the Freestyler's brought in a whole new demographic, Bubba does the same. Kids these days want flash, and the FS'ers and Bubba are flash. Without them, our industry would have disolved in 20 years. Now it is stronger than ever.
I understand, and agree with you, they should show maturity, and act like they've (race winners) been there before, but we are old. The kids want all this crap, and if that's what it takes to keep our sport alive, I'm all for it.

Tom Slick
08-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Really, we do need that in the sport. When I was in the industry (early 90's), it was on the verge of dying. Jap mx bikes were so expensive (3k+) for a kid's bike, that the market was in trouble. New kids were not being brought in for a number of reasons, cost, interest, etc. Then the Freestyler's brought in a whole new demographic, Bubba does the same. Kids these days want flash, and the FS'ers and Bubba are flash. Without them, our industry would have disolved in 20 years. Now it is stronger than ever.
I understand, and agree with you, they should show maturity, and act like they've (race winners) been there before, but we are old. The kids want all this crap, and if that's what it takes to keep our sport alive, I'm all for it.
I couldn't agree more. Sure the sprinkler and the worm and what ever the stuff Bubba was doing after a win was pretty lame in my opinion, but a lot of people liked it and it generated a lot of hype from outside the industry. What guys like Bubba and McGrath have and are doing for the sport with all of their flash and showing off is attracting the attention of people from outside of the sport. This can only be a positive for our sport, as it continualy brings more people, sponsors, money, etc. into the industry.
All I am saying to the Bubba bashers is that there are 2 sides to every story and until they walk a day in his shoes, they have no idea what he is going through. Yep, he is guilty as charged for talking smack and that just shows his maturity level, but he is defintely eating crow now. He will learn from his mistakes on and off the track and hopefully rebound and win some races. RC and the boys won't be around forever and the sport needs guys like Bubba to help carry the sport to the next level.
By the way, I'm a big fan of RC due to the fact that he works harder then anyone out there and he gets the results from all of the work. RC is the man and the record books show it.

riverroyal
08-17-2005, 09:53 AM
will have 4 wheels under him next year,in a subaru,spellin?In europe. :smile:

Mrs.Racer277
08-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I couldn't agree more. Sure the sprinkler and the worm and what ever the stuff Bubba was doing after a win was pretty lame in my opinion, but a lot of people liked it and it generated a lot of hype from outside the industry. What guys like Bubba and McGrath have and are doing for the sport with all of their flash and showing off is attracting the attention of people from outside of the sport. This can only be a positive for our sport, as it continualy brings more people, sponsors, money, etc. into the industry.
All I am saying to the Bubba bashers is that there are 2 sides to every story and until they walk a day in his shoes, they have no idea what he is going through. Yep, he is guilty as charged for talking smack and that just shows his maturity level, but he is defintely eating crow now. He will learn from his mistakes on and off the track and hopefully rebound and win some races. RC and the boys won't be around forever and the sport needs guys like Bubba to help carry the sport to the next level.
By the way, I'm a big fan of RC due to the fact that he works harder then anyone out there and he gets the results from all of the work. RC is the man and the record books show it.
Hey Tom long time no see. How are you???
sorry keys for the jack. :)

Racer277
08-17-2005, 09:59 AM
"did you say jap mx bikes" ? :jawdrop: - is that racists ? ;) :D (good points mr know it all) :) - d
The Chinese makes are the new Jap bikes. Remember the 60's and early 70's when the quality and availability of the Jap bikes was a joke "that's probably the last Yamaha they'll send over here...". Well, I think the Chinese will get their shit together, and their lower prices will (and is) change the market.
It was interesting to be in the building on Jeronimo, listening to the guys say "I can't really say anything about that, the Japanese execs listen to us with microphones in the ceiling". :220v:

Racer277
08-17-2005, 10:03 AM
will have 4 wheels under him next year,in a subaru,spellin?In europe. :smile:
That will be interesting.
He competed here, but his equipment was very good, versus a few ballers and a bunch of enthusiasts.
He would be an interesting gauge to determine exactly how good the Europeans are (I suspect they will continue to dominate).
Should be fun. His run at the Race of Champions was interesting...

riverroyal
08-17-2005, 10:08 AM
is my neighbor,he came home in a outback subaru last week

Mrs.Racer277
08-17-2005, 01:45 PM
no worries, it's not my "thread", besides, i'm still trying to figure out what the hell your husband said in his last two replies :confused: :) -keyes
LOL If you can figure him out let me know. ;)