PDA

View Full Version : Boat For Sale!!!!

Sleek468
08-15-2005, 05:39 PM
I have a 1973 18 foot Sleekcraft Rebel for sale. It has a new 468 chevy taht makes 500 horse and turns a Berkley 12jc-a pump to 5200 RPM's. The interior is three years old as is all the cables. Manual place diverter, seat's five.
The reasonI'm selling is I'm looking to buy a Harley. Trades for a bike are welcome.
E-mail......Jones468@aol.com

localwaterboy
08-15-2005, 06:58 PM
how about some pics, and a asking price?

Sleek468
08-16-2005, 07:18 AM
8,000 obo. amd I'm working on the pics

MarKist
08-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Buddy if I was you ,I would not bring up harley's on here !!there's a couple on here that likes to talk shit about harleys........But that's there silly little game Haha.....http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1164tommy_mauney_car3.jpg
Markist

fat rat
08-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Buddy if I was you ,I would not bring up harley's on here !!there's a couple on here that likes to talk shit about harleys........But that's there silly little game Haha.....http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1164tommy_mauney_car3.jpg
Markist
Cool bike.............is that your's Markist?

CMZRACING
08-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Got A Buddy Right Now With Money, Looking To Buy.....any Pics???

MarKist
08-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Cool bike.............is that your's Markist?
Nah......just another satisfied customer :D :D
CMZ...if you know someone wanting a custom bike built, PM me and we'll see if we can help him out..and here's another pic for ya!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1164tommy_mauney_car.jpg

HammerDown
08-20-2005, 03:21 AM
there's a couple on here that likes to talk shit about harleys........But that's there silly little game Haha.....http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1164tommy_mauney_car3.jpg
Markist
:idea: I've never read about anyone talking "shit" about Harleys here...?
True, custom bikes are nice but a few issue's I see with them, resale value and their difficult to get insurance for. Here in Pa one can only get Liability. Someone could pay $50.000 for a custom and it's only worth 1/4 (if that) to the next person. Just the nature of the beast so buyer beware.
I don't consider (any) after market V-Twin a Harley...all kinds of aftermarket V-Twin engines out there, none the less still not a Harley.
Nice bike above...think I'll go for a ride on my Harley Shovel Head :cool:

fat rat
08-20-2005, 04:06 AM
think I'll go for a ride on my Harley Shovel Head :cool:
That's not exactly the shovel they were refering to................when your teachers told you to get an education or learn how to use a shovel! :cool:

MarKist
08-23-2005, 06:40 AM
True, custom bikes are nice but a few issue's I see with them, resale value and their difficult to get insurance for. Here in Pa one can only get Liability. Someone could pay $50.000 for a custom and it's only worth 1/4 (if that) to the next person. Just the nature of the beast so buyer beware.
I don't consider (any) after market V-Twin a Harley...all kinds of aftermarket V-Twin engines out there, none the less still not a Harley.
Nice bike above...think I'll go for a ride on my Harley Shovel Head :cool:
well hammer, first let me start by saying, you know who the shit talker is!!and we don't build customs for ''next" person so that don't apply to me :yuk:
and if you can't get insurance on this type of bike then you really should not be in the market, cause you CAN get insurace :rolleyes:(candy coated)and as far as the V-twin thing goes ,so your saying that if you go out and buy a "after market" Merlin block for your boat that will make it a .........see that make no since, see its still a BBC!! you get the picture :confused: so it's a modified v-twin is that better!??I didn't know you had a potato bike? haha that's what your good buddy Nitro calls them!!that was a good laugh
anyway,you better take you tools with ya or somebody to ride in a truck to follow you :D :D I love those old school bikes but there not for me....
Markist

MarKist
08-23-2005, 06:48 AM
SORRY.... Sleek468 didn't mean to hi jack your tread !!!
Markist

HammerDown
08-23-2005, 01:20 PM
well hammer, first let me start by saying, you know who the shit talker is!!and we don't build customs for ''next" person so that don't apply to me :yuk:
and if you can't get insurance on this type of bike then you really should not be in the market, cause you CAN get insurace :rolleyes:(candy coated)and as far as the V-twin thing goes ,so your saying that if you go out and buy a "after market" Merlin block for your boat that will make it a .........see that make no since, see its still a BBC!! you get the picture :confused: so it's a modified v-twin is that better!??I didn't know you had a potato bike? haha that's what your good buddy Nitro calls them!!that was a good laugh
anyway,you better take you tools with ya or somebody to ride in a truck to follow you :D :D I love those old school bikes but there not for me....
Markist
Harley shit talker...I really don't know who your referring to ???
As far as I know, more and more insurance company's (won't) do full coverage anymore. Why, beacuse some of these true custome bikes (not) >Big Dog/American Iron Horse etc have such a high price tag. If/when the original purchaser of the bike try's to sell it, they only get 1/4-1/3 the original price...THEN (from what I hear :rolleyes: ) the bike (disappears) ...the owner collects on the full value insured price and the insurance Co pay's the big nut on a true custom that really has no resale value. Thus...some insurance Co's don't do full coverage. At least not in my part of the country, yours maybe but I don't live there...and actually other states nation wide won't do full coverage.
I own a "special construction Bike" I built some time ago. It has a genuine Harley Engine and trans > in a different frame...I CAN'T GET FULL COVERAGE...I can't even Title it as a Harley!
Again I say...S+S, Rev-Tech, TP Engineering etc all offer very good (after market) V-Twin engines. BUT THERE NOT HARLEY'S...period!
Heck foreign manufactures Honda, Yamaha etc and even Victory motorcycles offer V-Twin engines and motorcycles...are they HARLEY'S...(no)... get the picture?
Modified v-twin or after market v-twin...yes (and there's nothing wrong with the above). But still not a Harley!
As far as old HD's, (and I guess your trying to bust on mine) I'd bet dollars to donuts my custom built by me Shovel Head (that I've owned for 20 years) could at anytime make a cross country trip without so much as a hick-up or a drip of oil leaving the engine. Think one of those $50,000 (bling bling) creations could do that...yea sure :rolleyes:
$hit man, I used to take my ride on 3 day 1000 mile trips (every) summer weekend...(when I had a good back :D ) no tow truck following my ass...EVER!
Markist, I'm not new to this Harley crap, I've owned and been around and wrenched on these bikes for some +35 years. I've built several, my first was a HD one banger I put in a mini-bike frame when I was 10. My second was a 62 Pan Head chopper I built/painted when I was 15. I remember when the true choppers of the 60's and 70's came and went and I'll be laughing when this current "chopper/custom faze " once again settles down. AND all these high dollar billet custom's can be purchased for far less than what they were built for.
The bottom line...anyone want's a bike that will hold it's value and has proven to do so for over 100 years...It's ALL about the (one and only name) on the side of the fuel tank >>> Harley-Davidson.
Mark with all due respects, and (I) ain't comming off like a wise ass, but when it comes to Harley's and the such, there ain't nothing you can school me on.
Have a special day...:cool:
edited because I wanted to :p

HammerDown
08-23-2005, 01:22 PM
SORRY.... Sleek468 didn't mean to hi jack your tread !!!
Markist
Now that I agree with...let's get back to the topic "Boat for sale" :wink: