PDA

View Full Version : Eufala boat drags this weekend ? ? ? ?

DUECE'SDAD
08-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Any one on here heard about any boat drags this weekend at eufala lake ? ? ? My old man says he was riding in that area over the weekend and said he seen many signs in the area that said "ODBA boat drags aug. 20" I havent heard anything, but that is this coming weekend, and were all geting together at okmulgee, just a few miles away.

Jay321
08-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Not for sure but I believe it is the Oklahoma City Drag Boat Assn. AKA. The Ft. Cobb Jet boat Assn. Guys. I have heard from two different people that it was this weekend. These are the guys that put on the first OKC race. No clocks just a flag start and a photo finish.

taylormanss
08-17-2005, 05:12 PM
man I wish I still lived up there they always had some good boat races at eufala.My dad had a cabin over at number 9 landing.I really miss the races at overholster in OKC too!!!!!!!!!! randall ross

sdba069
08-17-2005, 09:00 PM
The Ft. Cobb deal is the weekend after Labor Day, I believe.

PROPPER
08-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey Guys, the race for this weekend at lake Eufaula will be modified outboard hydroplanes. The people in charge of advertising the race took it upon themselves to insert "drag" into all the signs and flyers. The OKC jet boat assn. (drag guys) are having a get together at Jimmy Hill's place on Lake Eufaula saturday. I have asked those boys to bring their rigs over to Eufaula cove to the race site on Sunday. Our circle track group we be in very limited numbers with all of our national championship races havig been the last few weekends, so the more the merrier. You guys are welcome to come over too. I must tell you however I asked our insurer K&K (spectator liability), if we could have a few drag boats make some passes and his response was " no" . So what I thought might be able to pull off is after we conclude the show "officially". start making some passes. If nothing else just come by and check it out. Thanks, Bryan O-84

Kaos1
08-21-2005, 05:18 AM
I live about 45 minutes from Lake Eufaula (in Ozark) but they are having some power boat racing in Panama City this weekend! http://apbaoffshore.com/events.cfm?action=details&ID=44. I think My daughter and I are about to take off here shortly!