PDA

View Full Version : Need design ideas please

NetBilling
08-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi,
We are getting ready to buy a new Ultra Stealth 24. First of all, what do you guys think of that boat? Also, how much better performance will I see with the 496 Mag vs. the HO model? Can I see some pix of you favorite designs? Not for us to copy but to get ideas from.
Here is one they have ready to go... what do you think of this design or is it too common? http://netbilling.com/photos/stealth005.jpg
Thanks, Mitch
p.s. If anyone is selling a 24 or 25 foot open bow 2003 or newer in mint shape and are in the LA or Havasu area, let me know as we may be interested. mitch@netbilling.com

Throttle
08-15-2005, 08:39 PM
for sale, always....

NetBilling
08-15-2005, 08:48 PM
for sale, always....
What is that?

Kim Hanson
08-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Flames will never go out of style............( . )( . )........ :idea:

jbtrailerjim
08-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Great choice of boats. The 24 Stealth is a sweet boat. If you choose to go with an Ultra, you will not be disapointed. John West and his crew are a great group of people to deal with.
You don't really need to come here for idea's on boat graphics for your Ultra. Just give John West an idea what you like and let him work his magic. He is the master when it comes to original and great looking gel designs.
As far as which engine 496Mag(375hp) or Mag HO(425hp)? The HO you will only see a few more mph on the top end. The upside to the HO is the upgraded XR drive. But if you don't ever plan to do any performance mods to your motor, I wouldn't waste the money on a Mag HO.

revndave
08-15-2005, 08:52 PM
I bet if its an Ultra it will have tribal graphics. :D

Throttle
08-15-2005, 08:53 PM
What is that?
'05 cobra 260 razor

NetBilling
08-15-2005, 09:33 PM
'05 cobra 260 razor
Very nice boat. I love the yellow paint on the entire body. Having olor on the entire thing... do you worry about scratching the bottom as opposed to a white bottom?

NetBilling
08-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I bet if its an Ultra it will have tribal graphics. :D
What do you mean by Tribal graphics?

Roman 1
08-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Go with something original....I got it! reverse tribal flames and get a tat around your arm to match. Tow it with a burban, tahoe, H2 or lifted 4by but make sure your rollin 26's so everyone thinks your pimpin (thats all that matters). :notam:
R1 :sleeping:

plaster dave
08-15-2005, 10:02 PM
I saw 2 like that today at Castic.

roln 20s
08-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Great choice of boats from a great company :) As for graphics, give John a few ideas and let him run with it--best way to go by far. He knows what looks good on his boats :) It you want a little speed and don't care about the $4k upgrade, get the HO with a custom Boat Bling cover :D

Throttle
08-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Very nice boat. I love the yellow paint on the entire body. Having olor on the entire thing... do you worry about scratching the bottom as opposed to a white bottom?
Thank you, actually the bottom is white for that reason.

NetBilling
08-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Great choice of boats from a great company :) As for graphics, give John a few ideas and let him run with it--best way to go by far. He knows what looks good on his boats :) It you want a little speed and don't care about the $4k upgrade, get the HO with a custom Boat Bling cover :D
That sounds great but for me to give John a few ideas, I need some to give. Got any pics of your favorites? Would I be wrong to just buy the boat above or are those graphics too standard? He has that one for sale coming to the showroom tomorrow.
Thanks, Mitch

Outnumbered
08-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Ultra's website has tons of pics of the 24 Stealth with all kinds of colors and graphics.
http://www.ultraboats.com/gallery/gallery_frame.php?boat=24stealth
You should be able to get some good ideas there. I was a little unsure about the colors and design on my boat but I can tell you that the Ultra gel work blows all the other tribal flame jobs away in person. They may seem similar at a glance but get them side by side and you can see the difference. I get tons of compliments on my boat. I never really expected it to draw as much attention as it does.
BTW, the boat is very nice and worth every penny.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/973P7250032.JPG

Outnumbered
08-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Here is a review:
http://www.ultraboats.com/reviews/reviews_24_frame.html

voodoomedman
08-16-2005, 07:00 AM
You will love that boat. The ride, the handling, the roominess... As long as you have an inkling of an idea John will amaze you with his creativeness and drawing. As far as the motor stick with the Mag. On that boat it won't help performance at all. Maybe give you 2 mph top end. As far as upgrades, if your going to spend 4 or 5k for the HO and then whatever money on upgrades just get a blue motor to begin with.

THOR
08-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Go into the shop and look at 'the book' of designs they have done in the past. Pic out a few you like and tell him what you have in mind. There are tons of pics in the book for you to look at.

NetBilling
08-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Go into the shop and look at 'the book' of designs they have done in the past. Pic out a few you like and tell him what you have in mind. There are tons of pics in the book for you to look at.
Thanks for all of the great information
Mitch

Phat Matt
08-16-2005, 10:05 PM
What do you mean by Tribal graphics?
He means like my boat...that is for sale. :D