PDA

View Full Version : The Bash...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-15-2005, 09:46 PM
1st off, I hope everyone made it home through that storm safe.
It was cool to put faces with names. Thanks to Jim (ST) and Sanger D for the launching help! I shot enough vid for a 2 hour DVD but I don't know what Flat Broke and Hack job will whittle it down to.
You guys were a lot of fun. My favorites were Rivertard, Hustler, the dude with the vale paint job, the crazy kid in the red CP (I hope he gets a life vest for christmas) and Tom Bandi(sp?).
The best run I saw all weekend was from my hotel room friday night after the rain dispersed the crowd. :cry: The race that was scheduled for 7:30 sun morning must have been rescheduled without anyone notifying the video guy so hopefully someone else got it (if it happened).
That was some of the worst water I've ever seen on the river!!! The guy stuffing a sponson and sinking his boat would probably back that up.
I counted 11 boats getting towed in (saturday alone) and I'm pretty sure half were from rock ingestion. I saw 4 hits on the dock in front of me and 2 jet skis slide off their trailer flat on the pavement. ouch!
I did see Brooski and DanHercules running side by side a few times but I still don't know who won :confused:
signed, the video guy :cool:

dmontzsta
08-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Dan and Brooski ran DEAD EVEN!
I just got in and what a trip home, lets just say chevys are pissing me off right now. 3 of them broke down on the way home and my dads took a MAJOR dump, we limped home but I had to tow his boat, he will also be visiting the hospital tommorrow, something is definately wrong with him. Thanks to Doug (ntwotrance) you are family man, from roadside assistance to helping carry my dad from the car to the bed, you know we are family, so I will stop here. :)
Jerry, it was good seeing you again. I hope I didnt bother the shit out of you. :D I took your reccomendation and bought some propel, that is some good stuff. I am craving it right now, but the damn places I stopped at on the way home didnt have it. I found some new stuff to drink. I ended up taking it easy Saturday night, didnt feel like drinking beer so I gambled a little and hit the sack.
HalletDave, man...lol...I cant say enough about you. You are one cool dude. It was really good to finally meet you, we will have to hang out again soon.
I am tired, but thanks to the brothers for another great bash. All my other friends, good to see you!

Sanger D
08-16-2005, 09:33 AM
It was good seeing ya again jer! that was fun hanging out and watching the action!!!that dock and ramp was frickin comical!! :D :D ..... I,ve NEVER seen boating quite like that LOL!!!, boats just bouncing off one another :jawdrop: :confused: I,ll buy one of them vid,s!!!!saw some pretty nice jet boats though,toms boat sure does hand people there ass does,nt it?great lightning show (as ussual), lotta boats,lotta fun!!would have liked to have seen more people vested up but,hey,!to each there own!!!!!take care .

'78 gt boat
08-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun. I want to buy the vid when it becomes avail. Hope everyone had a great time. I'll be there next year for sure!!

Keithb87
08-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Newbie Mike and I made it out about 1:30ish on Saturday afternoon. Saw some great boats and some Bridge squirting :D and a little racing. Missed the Gathering that evening and did not meet too many people from the Boards. But all in all we had a great time.
Will definatly be "registered" for next year.
Oh and Thanks to Indecent Exposure (name of his boat did not get his name)for towing us to the ramp on Sunday afternoon after the Battery cables went bad. :cry:

Bense468
08-16-2005, 12:42 PM
There is a lot of detox going on.

dmontzsta
08-16-2005, 12:54 PM
It was good seeing ya again jer! that was fun hanging out and watching the action!!!that dock and ramp was frickin comical!! :D :D ..... I,ve NEVER seen boating quite like that LOL!!!, boats just bouncing off one another :jawdrop: :confused: I,ll buy one of them vid,s!!!!saw some pretty nice jet boats though,toms boat sure does hand people there ass does,nt it?great lightning show (as ussual), lotta boats,lotta fun!!would have liked to have seen more people vested up but,hey,!to each there own!!!!!take care .
It was good to finally meet the infamous sanger D also. :D

Sanger D
08-16-2005, 02:08 PM
geeeeesh, STOP dude, I,m blushing!!!! :redface: :redface: :D ,ya that was fun!! its a trip to see the faces AFTER talking to the person,shoulda came up river some and watched the K boat and the rest of run,it was a blast!!! my new gears worked bitchin!!!

Wally_Gator
08-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Don,
I hope your dad is alright. Let us know how things are doing..
We just got i about 40 minutes ago. No rain today. Nice drive..
V-drive. Let me know where I buy that vid you are putting together...
Gator Out..

Danhercules
08-16-2005, 03:10 PM
I did see Brooski and DanHercules running side by side a few times but I still don't know who won :confused:
Buy me a beer and I will tell you. :D :D

Brooski
08-16-2005, 04:36 PM
No, buy me a beer and I will tell you!!!!!
On the other note, driving back up River Road from our trip to Moabi Sunday afternoon was wild. Flash flooding across the road, shrubs and bushes being washed across the road, and there I am, driving through 2 feet of rushing water. :hammer2: I was lucky and made it back to the AVI with no problems. (Until I belly bumped Dan. Ouch!) :D

djdtpr
08-16-2005, 05:13 PM
The best run I saw all weekend was from my hotel room friday night after the rain dispersed the crowd. :cry:
I am glad Randy(HB Jet) was out there to enjoy the water with me it was the best we had all weekend and we used the hell out of it for four or five runs.That was the most fun i had driving my boat all weekend.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Don,
V-drive. Let me know where I buy that vid you are putting together...
Gator Out..
My end of the deal was to supply "raw footage" to Chris AKA "Flat broke". I'm not sure what he is doing with it (as far as editing) but contact him for a copy.
--Jerry :)

dmontzsta
08-16-2005, 07:13 PM
geeeeesh, STOP dude, I,m blushing!!!! :redface: :redface: :D ,ya that was fun!! its a trip to see the faces AFTER talking to the person,shoulda came up river some and watched the K boat and the rest of run,it was a blast!!! my new gears worked bitchin!!!
I wish I would have known, it would have been sweet to see them run. We went down to Needles and had one of the best days in our boating lifes. :)

Squirtin Thunder
08-16-2005, 07:25 PM
1st off, I hope everyone made it home through that storm safe.
It was cool to put faces with names. Thanks to Jim (ST) and Sanger D for the launching help! I shot enough vid for a 2 hour DVD but I don't know what Flat Broke and Hack job will whittle it down to.
You guys were a lot of fun. My favorites were Rivertard, Hustler, the dude with the vale paint job, the crazy kid in the red CP (I hope he gets a life vest for christmas) and Tom Bandi(sp?).
The best run I saw all weekend was from my hotel room friday night after the rain dispersed the crowd. :cry: The race that was scheduled for 7:30 sun morning must have been rescheduled without anyone notifying the video guy so hopefully someone else got it (if it happened).
That was some of the worst water I've ever seen on the river!!! The guy stuffing a sponson and sinking his boat would probably back that up.
I counted 11 boats getting towed in (saturday alone) and I'm pretty sure half were from rock ingestion. I saw 4 hits on the dock in front of me and 2 jet skis slide off their trailer flat on the pavement. ouch!
No thanks necessary the pleasure was all mine !!!

cyclone
08-16-2005, 08:01 PM
i never expect the water in front of the avi to be clean but man it was rougher than I've ever seen it on saturday. Tried to test out a new shoe in the afternoon but never did find good water on saturday.
I had better luck on Sunday when we launched at park moabi and went south and i did find some glass as well as a couple of cops. No tickets thank god but the new parts worked great. Of course i got no video of the passes to look at afterward since i strayed so far away from the hotel.
Anyways, thanks for coming out jerry! i appreciate it even if I didnt get to lay a good one down for your camera.

Keyser
08-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey ST thanks for helping my wife park the Avalanche, I didn't find out until today that it was you. If you weren't around she still might be circling the parking lot! :eek: :eek:

HBjet
08-16-2005, 10:13 PM
I am glad Randy(HB Jet) was out there to enjoy the water with me it was the best we had all weekend and we used the hell out of it for four or five runs.That was the most fun i had driving my boat all weekend.
DJD, the water we had was pretty damn good. Even though I knew the out come I still had a blast pairing up with you... your boat does haul ass.
I would have to say the race Jerry is talking about would have to be one we had. I think we were some of the last boats to run that night and I didn't put in until after the rain stopped and the sun was just above the mountain line and below the clouds.
Good weekend!
HBjet

tahitijet
08-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Great event agian this year. Thanks agian guys.
Besides getting rained on agian, a shattered driveline in our tahoe, a blowen trailer tire 20 miles out of barstow sunday evening, another msd box failure, floating into a rock bar and the AVI giving away our thursday hotel room and charging us for it anyway we still had fun and got to check out some awsome boats and talk with alot of great people.
We will return next year for sure.. This time probably with a spare MSD box and a spare trailer tire :hammerhea
Thanks agian to the people who helped us out. We really appreciate it

Squirtin Thunder
08-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Besides getting rained on agian, a shattered driveline in our tahoe, a blowen trailer tire 20 miles out of barstow sunday evening, another msd box failure, floating into a rock bar and the AVI giving away our thursday hotel room and charging us for it anyway we still had fun and got to check out some awsome boats and talk with alot of great people.
We will return next year for sure.. This time probably with a spare MSD box and a spare trailer tire :hammerhea
TRhats no fun !!! :cool:

hbpdub
08-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Vdrive, thanks for the help with the floats and when is that new dvd going to be out?? let me know. This weekend kicked A$$ and the guy with the see doo's that fell off the trailer as he was backing down the launch ramp was so funny that I all most pissed myself laughing.

Brooski
08-17-2005, 08:49 AM
I think that should take the cake for the hard luck award.

Hustler
08-17-2005, 09:01 AM
I think that should take the cake for the hard luck award.
It's kinda hard to beat a sunkin/destroyed boat but that is a pretty good hard luck story.