PDA

View Full Version : what do you pay for....

PowellScooter
05-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I stopped at Safeway (grocery store) tonight for milk and creamer while I waited for my shrimp Burrito at Alfonsos and found the 1.75 (we always called em half gallons) liter bottle of Jack Daniels on sale for 24.00 and change, I bought both bottles they had on the shelf. The usual price is like 36.00. I see many Jack and 7`s in my future!

YeLLowBoaT
05-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Rite aid has that size on sale right now for $17.99 (atleast it is by me.)

CARLSON-JET
05-05-2006, 08:45 PM
That is a good deal Powerscooter... Black label a presume.. R.B.

schlepy
05-05-2006, 08:49 PM
i just went deaf in one ear...........

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Rite aid has that size on sale right now for $17.99 (atleast it is by me.)
:jawdrop: I'll have to go check that out.

hoolign
05-05-2006, 09:24 PM
:jawdrop: I'll have to go check that out.
Atta girl! jacks where it's at! :rollside:

Jordy
05-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Wow, you could pay me to take Jack and I'd never touch the stuff. Way too hardcore for me. If I'm doing the whiskey, give me something that I don't have to kill the taste with Coke to enjoy. A nice Crown and water or Crown/rocks works for me. Still have no idea how people drink Jack. To each their own I suppose. :notam: :idea: :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Wow, you could pay me to take Jack and I'd never touch the stuff. Way too hardcore for me. If I'm doing the whiskey, give me something that I don't have to kill the taste with Coke to enjoy. A nice Crown and water or Crown/rocks works for me. Still have no idea how people drink Jack. To each their own I suppose. :notam: :idea: :D
That's funny. I think the same of crown. I can drink Jack straight, but crown burns all the way down. Must be an allergic reaction to Canadian products or something. :D

Jordy
05-05-2006, 10:07 PM
That's funny. I think the same of crown. I can drink Jack straight, but crown burns all the way down. Must be an allergic reaction to Canadian products or something. :D
I guess everyone doesn't have the taste for the finer things in life (like not Jack). :D :D :D
Personally, I prefer Goose and soda or Goose/rocks anymore these days. ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-05-2006, 10:10 PM
I can't help it if I'm just a country girl. Guess I'm just too hardcore for you. :D Goose and Monster or cranberry is my second choice.

hoolign
05-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I can't help it if I'm just a country girl. Guess I'm just too hardcore for you. :D Goose and Monster or cranberry is my second choice.
As I said " atta girl" Jordy's just mad cause he can't open the bottle
:rollside:

Forkin' Crazy
05-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I hear ya. I like George Dickel myself.... when I drink whiskey.... and when I do.... :220v:
http://www.dickel.com/images2/images/home-page_04.jpg

Jordy
05-05-2006, 11:32 PM
As I said " atta girl" Jordy's just mad cause he can't open the bottle
I'm sorry I don't live in Canada where you break the bottle over some unsuspecting oil worker's head and drink what is left and eat the bottle for roughage. F'kn Canatards. :D

Flying Tiger
05-06-2006, 01:57 AM
Goose is $49 at Costco - cheapest I've ever found it off premesis sale.
Chuys West in Simi pours it for only a buck more over well ($4.50 Happy Hour) - cheapest I've found it on premesis sale.
Teriffic Vodka.
Jack has a nice mellow, warm buzz, but painful going down.

JetBoatRich
05-06-2006, 06:09 AM
sounds like a Great Deal :cool:
I will stick to the Beer :cool:

NoCal NoBoat
05-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Tried a shot of Keith Richards' favorite, Rebel Yell, after Easter dinner. Way better than I thought, considering the $ 10.99 price at BevMo.
Grey Goose drinkers - check out Hangar One vodka, distilled in Hangar 1 of the former Alameda Naval Station in Alameda, CA. Gives the Goose a run for its money at about the same price. I like supporting the locals, too.

Forkin' Crazy
05-06-2006, 09:37 AM
So what your saying is you like a little dickel inside of ya? :220v:
Not really... I like to put my little dickel inside of HER!!!! :crossx:

PowellScooter
05-06-2006, 06:53 PM
bring it down to lonerock this afternoon mardonzi and i will be parked hav'n some cold ones :cool: :rollside:
sorry i saw this too late.. today woulda been perfect for that hope you guys had a good one... hows the beach lookin?

Mardonzi
05-06-2006, 07:14 PM
sorry i saw this too late.. today woulda been perfect for that hope you guys had a good one... hows the beach lookin?
We just got back from dinner at Fiesta,,, had a good day. Sun was out,, we rafted up near the wakeless bouys, had a couple of cocktails and relaxed
I'm just sitting here waiting for TnB to show up at the house.. He seems to have gotten lost enroute then we are supposed to head out to Lone Rock to drop off provisions to the flagstaff peeps there.

PowellScooter
05-06-2006, 07:30 PM
We just got back from dinner at Fiesta,,, had a good day. Sun was out,, we rafted up near the wakeless bouys, had a couple of cocktails and relaxed
I'm just sitting here waiting for TnB to show up at the house.. He seems to have gotten lost enroute then we are supposed to head out to Lone Rock to drop off provisions to the flagstaff peeps there.
Fiesta, always a good decision. I gotta call Rudy manana....he bought the Benz. Hows the "commuting" going, Ken told me you were working in So.Cal. for a while....

Mardonzi
05-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Fiesta, always a good decision. I gotta call Rudy manana....he bought the Benz. Hows the "commuting" going, Ken told me you were working in So.Cal. for a while....
wouldn't be bad if Great Mistakes Airlines could get their act together,,,
Spent 5 hours in Phoenix Sky Harbor on Friday trying to get out of there..

PowellScooter
05-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Oooooh thats some mental anguish right there.....

Sleek-Jet
05-08-2006, 04:34 PM
wouldn't be bad if Great Mistakes Airlines could get their act together,,,
Spent 5 hours in Phoenix Sky Harbor on Friday trying to get out of there..
You could have almost driven home for that... :D
Is the Mezican rest. you guys talking about Fiesta Mexicana??

PowellScooter
05-09-2006, 06:40 AM
You could have almost driven home for that... :D
Is the Mezican rest. you guys talking about Fiesta Mexicana??
Si Mon...Fiesta Mexicana, there is probably one near you. they have 12 or 15 of em, mostly Az, Colo. maybe N.M ? Good mexican food and especially good for Page

Sleek-Jet
05-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Si Mon...Fiesta Mexicana, there is probably one near you. they have 12 or 15 of em, mostly Az, Colo. maybe N.M ? Good mexican food and especially good for Page
They don't have them down here, but back at home in Colorado, I think there are half a dozen...
Love the Chilli Colorado... mmmmmm....

PowellScooter
05-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Where in Colo are you from? I grew up in Colo Spgs

Sleek-Jet
05-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Where in Colo are you from? I grew up in Colo Spgs
Four Corners. Went to school in Dolores, left, lived in Denver and then a very long year in Albuquerque, and then moved back to Durango for ten years before moving down to Tucson.
Miss the mountains, don't miss 9 months of winter... :D
I still have most of my family back in Dolores, so I go home a couple times a year.