PDA

View Full Version : No drinking in the Verizon Amp. parking lot???

I Feel the Need...
08-16-2005, 08:07 AM
I was at the Tom Petty concert last night and there were about 40 Irvine cops writing tickets for open container. What's up with that? I mean a Jimmy Buffet concert gets nuts there... I hope that this was just a one time thing.

barbigrl
08-16-2005, 08:17 AM
One of the girls here went to that concert and she said she had ALL sorts of problems at that venue. She is writing a letter. A bunch of us went the the Toby Keith concert at Hyndia, and we partied our asses off in the parking lot...had no problems whatsoever! :D

Vada
08-16-2005, 08:19 AM
Every concert that I have been to has a seperate section for the drunks. You have to have a wristband and are locked up in this area until you have finished drinking. :hammer2:

I Feel the Need...
08-16-2005, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Irvine is a city that does not allow open containers in public.
Why crack down now? Every other concert I been to we tailgated with no problems...

Wet Dream
08-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Why crack down now? Every other concert I been to we tailgated with no problems...
Dude, its the Peoples Republic of California. ;)

Kilrtoy
08-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Dude, its the Peoples Republic of California. ;)
NO IRVINE is hoitie-toitie....
This is becoming the new trend at all the venues and they are calling it TERRORISM measures....

mirvin
08-16-2005, 11:19 AM
I've been popped there a few times. Usually they just dump your beer out and stomp your joint into the wet spot and send you on you're way.
That sucks that they're actually writing tickets now.... :confused:
mirvin

boater72
08-16-2005, 11:42 AM
I was at the Tom Petty concert last night and there were about 40 Irvine cops writing tickets for open container. What's up with that? I mean a Jimmy Buffet concert gets nuts there... I hope that this was just a one time thing.
Like you party anyway? :)

Not So Fast
08-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Who cares, lets talk about that Nova, is it a real YENKO, I love them, tell me more!! :smile: NSF

Parker Dreamin
08-16-2005, 05:47 PM
That sucks if that is the case...

bordsmnj
08-16-2005, 09:21 PM
i used to go to GratefulDead shows there and do unspeakable things in that parking lot all weekend long! you used to be able to camp out in the parking lot and just get stupid! :) but yuh didn't here it from me i ain't like that :220v:

I Feel the Need...
08-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Like you party anyway? :)
Yah, I was at church that night, but someone told me that was going on... :cool:

I Feel the Need...
08-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Who cares, lets talk about that Nova, is it a real YENKO, I love them, tell me more!! :smile: NSF
No it's a clone, but it won muscle car of the Good Guys show in Pomona a couple of weeks ago. It has a 427 with a turbo 400, 12 bolt rearend. And it flat gets with the program. I plan on taking it to Fontana to see with times she will turn. :2purples:

Not So Fast
08-17-2005, 10:25 AM
No it's a clone, but it won muscle car of the Good Guys show in Pomona a couple of weeks ago. It has a 427 with a turbo 400, 12 bolt rearend. And it flat gets with the program. I plan on taking it to Fontana to see with times she will turn. :2purples:
I really dont care if its a clone, what you just said makes it way cool to me no matter what. May I suggest some SLICKS to get a decent time cause them little stockers will be crying MOMMY. Good luck and let us know how she runs, I say about 13.40 ET at 102mph. NSF

Charley
08-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Just a thought (not that I agree with this train of thought) but maybe they are trying to say
"buy beer inside"
btw If you guys are really curious I know the management there and I can find out first hand why the decision was made

syke-o
08-17-2005, 10:45 AM
i was just there at the jack johnson concert and saw people drinkin all over the place without gettin hassled... or maybe they just hadnt cracked down on the section we were at yet..

I Feel the Need...
08-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Just a thought (not that I agree with this train of thought) but maybe they are trying to say
"buy beer inside"
btw If you guys are really curious I know the management there and I can find out first hand why the decision was made
At $10.00 a pop...

Rooster
08-17-2005, 01:15 PM
I dont know how they are ever going to have another buffet show there if they are going to do that!!! Maybe thats why Buffet hasnt been to that venue in a while???

Liberator TJ1984
08-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Just fill one of these babys up with your favorite flavor and your set :D
http://www.blackhawk.com/uploads/brands/3.jpg

I Feel the Need...
08-17-2005, 01:32 PM
I really dont care if its a clone, what you just said makes it way cool to me no matter what. May I suggest some SLICKS to get a decent time cause them little stockers will be crying MOMMY. Good luck and let us know how she runs, I say about 13.40 ET at 102mph. NSF
I am working on getting a set on 9" slicks with offset rims, trying to get them to fit in the wheel wells. I think it will do 12.9 @ 120 but won't know until I run it.