PDA

View Full Version : Monsoons

Phat Matt
08-16-2005, 08:40 AM
There we some good storms at the river this weekend. We drove through 4th of July on Rice road Friday night on the way out there.
Saturday was a great day on the lake.
Then yesterday got crazy! The storms built up and dumped bucket. We drove home in some of the strongest rain I have ever seen. The about 20 miles east of Desert Center on 62 we hit all the flooding. It was pouring down rain the rivers were going across the highway at all the dips. I have never seen it that bad.
It did make for an interesting drive though. :)

mbrown2
08-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Can't believe you took Rice with that rain...when we got to Parker around 7:30pm last night, I figured Ehrinburg is a much better bet....and it still pissed and lit up all around....pretty cool storm...makes for an adrenaline filled drive...

Phat Matt
08-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Can't believe you took Rice with that rain...when we got to Parker around 7:30pm last night, I figured Ehrinburg is a much better bet....and it still pissed and lit up all around....pretty cool storm...makes for an adrenaline filled drive...
We we got into the heavy stuff just outside of Desert Center I just drove real slow with the hazards on. It was pretty fun and amazing to see all of that water flowing through the desert!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-16-2005, 09:07 AM
We were literally the last vehicle to get through River Rd. from Needles to the Avi on Friday. They closed it in two places because the road was giving way. The area between the cutoff and the 40 was still closed yesterday.

riverracerx
08-16-2005, 09:23 AM
We got hit with some huge ass hail between Barstow and Victorville yesterday. I felt bad for the peeps towing their boats home. They looked filthy. Saw a nice 30 Daytona (red and yellow) that was getting pelted.

meaniam
08-16-2005, 10:24 AM
that was some bright ass lightning. it seemed to be poppng every second