PDA

View Full Version : Bassett T diagram...

Devilman
08-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Does anybody have a diagram or an exploded view of the Bassett T valve? I'm thinking mine is screwed & that was the culprit in putting all the water in the oil. Should it rattle if you shake it? I took it apart, 'cause I read here they are rebuilable. The ball in there is stuck up inside the coils of the spring... The Bassett site doesn't give any info as to how the pieces are supposed to be arranged....

Oldsquirt
08-16-2005, 10:55 AM
The ball should be facing the inlet to the "T"(that is where it "seats"),with the spring behind it, and should not be stuck inside the spring. No doubt that the valve was not closing if it was as you describe. Probably time for a new spring or both ball and spring. Only cost about $10.
When properly assembled it should NOT rattle.

Devilman
08-16-2005, 11:05 AM
The ball should be facing the inlet to the "T"(that is where it "seats"),with the spring behind it, and should not be stuck inside the spring. No doubt that the valve was not closing if it was as you describe. Probably time for a new spring or both ball and spring. Only cost about $10.
When properly assembled it should NOT rattle.
Copy that. I was under the impression the tension of the spring against the ball kept the valve closed until enough water pressure forced it open... letting water feed the headers. Correct? Looks like I need to call Bassett, because shaking it back & forth it sounds like a can of Krylon! Thank you much!

Oldsquirt
08-16-2005, 11:09 AM
RexMarine and CPPerformance also carry the ball and spring. Good chance you could find it a local hot boat shop as well.

Devilman
08-16-2005, 11:23 AM
RexMarine and CPPerformance also carry the ball and spring. Good chance you could find it a local hot boat shop as well.
There's a shop not far from me that deals with jetboat stuff. If they can't fix me up, I'll sure check those other places out. I've had good experience with Rex in the past.... Thanks for the info!

sanger rat
08-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Good idea to have a couple extra springs handy.

jrork
08-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Does anybody have a diagram or an exploded view of the Bassett T valve? I'm thinking mine is screwed & that was the culprit in putting all the water in the oil. Should it rattle if you shake it? I took it apart, 'cause I read here they are rebuilable. The ball in there is stuck up inside the coils of the spring... The Bassett site doesn't give any info as to how the pieces are supposed to be arranged....
The spring can only go in one way. One end of the spring is tightly wound and one is just typical winding. The typical winding goes into the bottom of the T and the ball sets on the tightly wound end. Put the cap on next and have at it. If you have the spring reversed the ball will slip into the spring and allow water through.
Don't nobody ask how I know :D :D :D

watergun4u
08-16-2005, 08:59 PM
just take the spring out and streath it a little, and make sure you have it in the right way ,the spring is alittle bigger on one end valve should open at 15 to 18 hundred RPM,S

Taylorman
08-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Or you can put some flat washers in the t valve to shim the spring to make it stiffer.