PDA

View Full Version : Hot Sound System

laveyguy
08-16-2005, 11:44 AM
What's the latest in "hot sound systems" to install in a boat>> MP3???

Flashover
08-16-2005, 11:47 AM
alot of people ar using adaptors for there I-pods in there boats.. :cool:

jailbird141
08-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Speakers, lots and lots of speakers!!! :)

riverbound
08-16-2005, 01:22 PM
In my new boat I am doing the Ipod into a line driver directly in to the amps. In my other boat I have am fm cd xm mp3, and the only thing I ever used was the ipod input, plus now I dont have to cut the dash :rollside:

laveyguy
08-16-2005, 01:31 PM
How's your 300 treating you?I'll look into that setup!Sounds interesting!!!! :D

PalapaHead
08-16-2005, 01:33 PM
HEY! Ill slapa couple of 6x9's and a Techtonics cassette player in your vessle for around 1200. Let me know, cuz the promo ends soon. :wink:

riverbound
08-16-2005, 01:36 PM
How's your 300 treating you?I'll look into that setup!Sounds interesting!!!! :D
The boat runs great, this is the second one we have owned. As long as I keep it fairly stock (has heads on it) it should stay reliable. I have done tons of boats (used to do it for a living) and the Ipod really is the best way to put sounds in a boat.

stashtrey
08-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Riverbound- So you don't use a stero at all? Just run your iPod directly to an amp and then to the speakers? Interesting. I've been starting to think of doing a system in my new boat but I wasn't crazy about cutting a hole in my dash... cuz the next guy that owns it might not like that. If I could just run my iPod directly to an amp, it would be clean and a lot easier and also eliminate having to buy a stero/deck.
Can you elaborate a bit more on your setup?

stashtrey
08-16-2005, 01:50 PM
looks like my 'e' key is not working. lol.

riverbound
08-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Riverbound- So you don't use a stero at all? Just run your iPod directly to an amp and then to the speakers? Interesting. I've been starting to think of doing a system in my new boat but I wasn't crazy about cutting a hole in my dash... cuz the next guy that owns it might not like that. If I could just run my iPod directly to an amp, it would be clean and a lot easier and also eliminate having to buy a stero/deck.
Can you elaborate a bit more on your setup?
The ipod will go into a line driver which will increase the voltage before it goes to the amps. The Ipod does not have a very strong output voltage so by itself you will have to crank the gains up. If you run a line driver you will increase that voltage. I am also looking at doing the Ipod into a half din Eq so I can have some tuning abililties. No there is NO stereo. I bought one of the billet Ipod holders form xaudiocovers (krumbsnatcher on the boards) and the ipod slides into it. I have done quite a few boats this way and it works out great. We actually used to do this back in the day with Walk-mans in boats. becasue the old radios did not handle the abuse. Just bringing back an old school trick :smile:

Partycattin
08-16-2005, 03:56 PM
My buddy brought his IPOD this weekend. He has the car kit that send out the FM signal at 89.1. We had 5 boats lined up in the channel, tuned all the radios to 89.1 and they all picked up the signal. No wiring necessary!
My boat has 6 infinity 6x9's, a JL 10, and 2 JL 300/4 amps. The amps have been great and the system suprises a lot of people.
6 more 6x9's and a couple more amps are coming soon!

Nord
08-16-2005, 04:24 PM
My buddy brought his IPOD this weekend. He has the car kit that send out the FM signal at 89.1. We had 5 boats lined up in the channel, tuned all the radios to 89.1 and they all picked up the signal. No wiring necessary!
My boat has 6 infinity 6x9's, a JL 10, and 2 JL 300/4 amps. The amps have been great and the system suprises a lot of people.
6 more 6x9's and a couple more amps are coming soon!
Yeah but the quality of sound usually sucks though!

FASTERDAMITT
08-16-2005, 07:03 PM
This I-POD sounds like a good idea for the Superboat when I get-er-done. Does any electronic store know what a line driver is?

riverbound
08-17-2005, 05:18 AM
This I-POD sounds like a good idea for the Superboat when I get-er-done. Does any electronic store know what a line driver is?
You will probably have to go to a higher end Car audio shop. to find someone who knows waht they are.

superdave013
08-17-2005, 05:25 AM
You will probably have to go to a higher end Car audio shop. to find someone who knows waht they are.
What's the brand name and part number? Sounds like a slick set up. I like the EQ idea.

riverbound
08-17-2005, 05:35 AM
What's the brand name and part number? Sounds like a slick set up. I like the EQ idea.
There are so many ot them. If you want Call Al&Eds in Ontario. Thats who does all my work and they can give you the info. Ask for Darren (84schiada) (909)481-8411.
I think the EQ is the way to go though, havent done it yet. I am going to try it in my boat and see how it works.