PDA

View Full Version : BoatMaster VS Sportmaster

jackpunx
08-16-2005, 02:54 PM
IÂ’m new to the outboard thing and needed some hand holding with setup and purchases.
I have known Drew at Boatmaster for a little while now and have called him on different occasions from where to go at the Delta to miscellaneous questions about performance boats. I also have a handful of friends up in the NorCal area that have always spoken very highly of him.
We have two Stokers, one is a 224 with a Car engine and the other is a 20.1 with a merc 2.5. I know this boat really well but have very little experience with outboards.
Long story short is we broke the lower unit on this OB (sportmaster). I called Drew and he happened to have one in stock. When I called back to buy it he had just sold it but because of our conversation he committed to finding me another one. We ended up getting a Brand new one.
Now this will tell you what kind of a guy he is. He gave it to me for the same price as he quoted me on the other because that was the deal we made.. Now I donÂ’t know if he lost money or just didnÂ’t make ANY money but he went above and beyond to stand by his word. (even though I was not holding him to it)
Now keep in mind this is all over the phone. We are from So Cal and his shop is in Nor Cal. I have spoke with other people in his shop and they were all very knowledgeable and capable of guiding me in making the right choice for ME. When I called if he couldnÂ’t talk, he called me back when HE said he would and gave me his undivided attention while helping me to track down all the parts I actually had on this OB. I come to find out that I have all the good stuff.
The lower unit is on the way and weÂ’ll be ready for the Parker 300 in October.
Big thanks to Boatmaster and crew.
If your looking for a Mercury Certified Dealer(not to talk bad about our local guys but) I would call Drew before I talked to anyone else.
BTW he also took my broken lower as a core.
Sorry for the long post but I am very happy with the service I got and would like to pass it along.
Thanks
Mark
BoatMaster
925-828-5775

Boatmaster
08-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks Mark for the pat on the back. I appreciate your business and hope you do well in Parker. I thought when you said you were working on a post for me your were going to have some drunk and naked pics of R52 in a drunken stooper in Disco Bay this weekend. Never the less anytime. Thanks Drew.

Mike Schmidt
08-17-2005, 05:58 AM
I will second the praise, Drew is always willing to try to help. I would recommend Drew/Boatmaster to anyone, even my So. Cal friends. GOOD WORK DREW. :)