PDA

View Full Version : a little newbie help

USMCpfc04
08-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey as of right now i will be leaving for iraq in about a week and a half, but i'm interested an buying a really hot boat, or building one. what would be some good ideas for the hull, should i go flatty? just tryin to get all the facts so when i get back i can start havin some speed intense fun

Oldsquirt
08-16-2005, 04:16 PM
First off, take care and be safe over there. You have all our thanks for the difficult and dangerous job you're about to be doing for all of us.
As far as the boat choice goes, that's pretty tough. Really depends on budget and taste. Do you want something small like a typical jet or v-drive or more of a cruiser? Is space and room for more than 2 a concern? Once you decide on some of the basics then it comes down to the choice of hull.

USMCpfc04
08-17-2005, 02:32 PM
well i'm look around 15k budget, and i defently want to do a jet. so any other tips?

Keithb87
08-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Shouldn't you change your name to USMCLC or something?
I have an Avenger Hull that you can build up

USMCpfc04
08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
i guess usmclcpl, well i'm gonna wait and see what my dad wants to do with his condor, otherwise maybe we will try and get that a little faster.

Keithb87
08-17-2005, 02:57 PM
I have a feeling that after CBBB05 The Condor will be getting a few upgrades. Anyway... Did not mean to jack your thread.. I'll keep my eyes open and see what comes about.
If I don't see you again before you ship out.. You be carefull over there and come home in one piece so I can drag you around the lake on the Air Patriot and nail you with the Jet Blast.. :rollside:
Keith

1978 Rogers
08-17-2005, 03:04 PM
First off, take care and be safe over there. You have all our thanks for the difficult and dangerous job you're about to be doing for all of us.
As far as the boat choice goes, that's pretty tough. Really depends on budget and taste. Do you want something small like a typical jet or v-drive or more of a cruiser? Is space and room for more than 2 a concern? Once you decide on some of the basics then it comes down to the choice of hull.
Like Oldquirt said take care over there and I appreciate all that the services do for us.
I'd go for a Rogers. I might be a little biased, but I stumbled on mine when I bought it from a friends dad. From what I've read on here, there a Kick-Ass hull.

DeputyDawg
08-17-2005, 03:04 PM
May God Bless you USMCpfc04, and thank you for your service! Hurry up and get back so you can build a boat.

BUSBY
08-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Good luck over there ... I was there during our first visit (Desert Storm ... Jan 17, 1991 ... 2:38 a.m. my war experience began) so I know what your in for ... watch your back and take care.
As far as a boat ... it's in your best interest to not think of your first boat as the boat you want to keep for life (IMO). You'll learn how to drive while hitting a few docks and/or rocks. I would look for a fun Jet boat ... possibly a day cruiser ... have some fun with it for a couple of years while you look for what you like while on the water. Don't go overboard on your first purchase ... get out there and see what type of boating you like and then look into getting one of those boats.
So there you have it, my opinion for what it's worth ... good luck and have fun when you do get your boat.
Brian

sleekvino
08-17-2005, 05:13 PM
thats sound advise,watch your back and get home safe
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN THE THE TRUE BATTLE TO DEFEAT E-VIL.
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL OF ARE TROOPS.
Good luck over there ... I was there during our first visit (Desert Storm ... Jan 17, 1991 ... 2:38 a.m. my war experience began) so I know what your in for ... watch your back and take care.
As far as a boat ... it's in your best interest to not think of your first boat as the boat you want to keep for life (IMO). You'll learn how to drive while hitting a few docks and/or rocks. I would look for a fun Jet boat ... possibly a day cruiser ... have some fun with it for a couple of years while you look for what you like while on the water. Don't go overboard on your first purchase ... get out there and see what type of boating you like and then look into getting one of those boats.
So there you have it, my opinion for what it's worth ... good luck and have fun when you do get your boat.
Brian

mr.mantra
08-17-2005, 07:03 PM
IF YOU WANT TO GO FAST I GOT THE HULL YOU NEED. IT IS AN EARL SMITH TUNNEL HULL. WITH A HIGHLY MODIFIED PUMP. CURRENTLY IT HAS NO MOTOR BUT WE JUST GOT THE BLOCK, PISTONS, RODS, AND CRANK BALLENCED. WE WERE GOING TO BUILD THIS MOTOR TO GO IN THIS BOAT. IT IS A 396 BBC BORED 40 OVER WHICH WOULD PUT IT CLOSE TO 427 CUBES OR SO IVE BEEN TOLD, MY DAD IS THE MOTOR MAN. OR WE CAN BUILD WHAT EVER YOU WANT. THE HULL WITHOUT MOTOR IS 5000, AND IS A STEAL. HERE IS SOME PICS.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2912HPIM0316.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2912HPIM0052.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2912HPIM0033.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2912HPIM0051.JPG
PUMP NOW HAS A DOOP SNOOT AND HAS A STAINLESS B IMPELLER

texas-19
08-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Mantra,
Where is the boat located?How about some pictures of the interior?Looks like some gauges are missing?Is it 21'?

USMCpfc04
08-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the advise busby, i already have a 1972 beiz day cruiser, its alot of fun starts up everytime, but i'm lookin for that scared shi*less fun. anyways thanks everyone

Jake W2
08-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Mr Mantra what are the Id numbers off that hull and how long is it?There is a few hulls pop up these last few weeks that people say are Earl Smiths but no one has put up any letters and numbers to see what they are or are not.It is intresting never seen one like that.All so would like to see a pic of the back of the tunnels .
Jake

BUSBY
08-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the advise busby, i already have a 1972 beiz day cruiser, its alot of fun starts up everytime, but i'm lookin for that scared shi*less fun. anyways thanks everyone
Cool ... I just wanted to head you in the right direction ... if you want the crap scared out of you for the right price ... isn't Budlight's boat still for sale guys (Wicked Performance Boats)? If it is ... it's clean and a tunnel ... so it will be that type of feel you're looking for ...
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80218&page=1&pp=25&highlight=wicked+performance+boats
Good luck on your search!
Brian

jshirley78
08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
my brother just got back from Afghan and my step brother has been to iraq twice, remember this, pay a kid off with an MRE and he will show you were every weapons cache and road sie bomb is for the next 4 days and when it comes to land mines and the locals, they know where to step so dont worry about them

LAFD
08-18-2005, 01:59 PM
man i have a boat for ya 79 southwind jet everything redone. new stringer, new floor, new carpet new motor. mid 50 so the only way you'll be scared shitless is if you drive with your eyes closed. turn key boat. pm me for more details.....

USMCpfc04
08-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Cool ... I just wanted to head you in the right direction ... if you want the crap scared out of you for the right price ... isn't Budlight's boat still for sale guys (Wicked Performance Boats)? If it is ... it's clean and a tunnel ... so it will be that type of feel you're looking for ...
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80218&page=1&pp=25&highlight=wicked+performance+boats
Good luck on your search!
Brian
Was his boat at cbbb, i swear i saw it this weekend, i'm really just tryin to find out what makes a fast boat a fast boat, i'm starting to under stand stuff like droops and ride plates, the right impeller, which jet is better. but thanks thou
jshirley78 hey thanks for the advice. my squad leader has been to afghan once and iraq twice, so there is some good exp. in my plt. thanks!

LAFD
08-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Was his boat at cbbb, i swear i saw it this weekend, i'm really just tryin to find out what makes a fast boat a fast boat, i'm starting to under stand stuff like droops and ride plates, the right impeller, which jet is better. but thanks thou
jshirley78 hey thanks for the advice. my squad leader has been to afghan once and iraq twice, so there is some good exp. in my plt. thanks!
yes it was he floated with us for a little bit. good people very nice. and the boat is sweet....

USMCpfc04
08-18-2005, 03:41 PM
yes it was he floated with us for a little bit. good people very nice. and the boat is sweet....
that boat is pretty sweet, wish i had the time to buy it.

mr.mantra
08-18-2005, 05:16 PM
I'll Look For The Numbers And Will Take Some More Pics Tomarrow It Is A Little Under 18'