PDA

View Full Version : PAW parts

Fired Up
12-04-2001, 09:53 PM
What is the popular consensus for parts from PAW (Performance Automotive Warehouse)?I can see by their catalog that they do carry some low end parts, but they do carry some high end stuff too. Anyone have any experience with their short/long block packages?

Infomaniac
12-04-2001, 10:27 PM
F.U.
I have not bought anything from PAW in many years. My personal favorite is Doug Herbert. Their web site is not the best but their deals are top notch. Engine kits galore. The will price match also 1-800-444-7373. Also Doug's uncle is Chet Herbert. Awesome cams. Give them a shot.

lovemyultra
12-30-2001, 04:46 PM
i put a 460 block kit together from them. I got everything I was promised. Everything plastigauged right where they said it would. I am very happy, not the cheapest, but I think worth it

racingrascal
12-30-2001, 05:49 PM
Fired up, one place you might check also is Beck Racing they have some very reasonable prices. Doesn't hurt to give them a call at 602-997-0800 ask to speak to Frank.
Andy

LeadFootTheRabbit
12-30-2001, 07:19 PM
About 8yrs. ago my cousin bought a long block 302 Ford. When he got it home(he drove to Chattsworth to get it) he went about checking it out. The mains were ok but the rod bearings were standard. The problem was that the crank was 10/10. He called them up and told them of the problem, took it back and they checked it out for themselves. PAW gave him another 302 and made an adjustment on the price. My cousins 302 runs in a 66 mustang/4-gear and runs bitchen. Has had no problems since. Give em a try. LDFTRBT

boatnam2
12-30-2001, 07:36 PM
beck is good as long as your not planning on getting the motor for 2002.lol

Flat Screwd
12-30-2001, 08:59 PM
Mail order is a tuff gig. I hate buying something before I can hold it. It seems that whatever I want is on back order, just got a set of strocker pistons for my harley and it took 40 days. Speed shops around me sometimes tell me that I can order parts thruogh summit cheeper that they can get them from their suppliers. A friend ordered a set of Manley valves from PAW and never got them. 30 days later when he called they were suddenly on back order. But without sounding down, mail order has been a dissapointment for me.

superdave013
12-31-2001, 06:20 AM
All I can say is SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SPEEDSHOP!!!
If you run into trouble or just need some good old advice you will be glad you did.
I live right next to Herbert but I drive the extra mile to buy all my shit from George @ Clay Smith Cams. Sure I could have saved some with mail order but I would not get Georges brain to pick.

racingrascal
01-02-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2:
beck is good as long as your not planning on getting the motor for 2002.lol
Kiss my ass!