PDA

View Full Version : Okmulgee jet boat bash This Weekend ! ! !

DUECE'SDAD
08-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Alright, its finally here, this weekend will be one heck of a time for some jets and v-drivers. We are still putting the final details together, and some include a dinner and party saturday evening, and sometype of lax boat show/photoshoot saturday mid moring, i will post more of that with in the next day or so, when we get it all finalized with all the other people helping out. Also check back for a map with directions to the private cove were using, as soon as i get all the street names down. Remember, all the camping is free, we have an awesome lady opening up her property and house to us for shower, electricity, and partying The locals, love our boats down here so look forward to many people "diggin" your ride. Also pack a lunch b/c althought the lake patrolmen says no drag racing, there are some boats down here that "will" put it on ya ! ! ! (we usually race in the very last cove) There should be plenty of free smoked meat at saturday evenings dinner, and one heck of a party planned for saturday evening, so come see how it goes down, down here. Any Texans coming up ? ? ? How bout any guys from the city ? ? ? This should be an awesome time, and your will be suprised how much fun and action you will see for such a short notice, and lack of time to plan. Stay tuned, and this will become a yearly so you better make the first. Whos, coming ? ? ? ? Lets get it started ! ! ! I know there is a birthday or few and some of the girls are starting school again, so it will be one big party ! ! !

ONAROLL
08-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Dustin, what do you need us to bring?...............

DUECE'SDAD
08-16-2005, 05:32 PM
A good attitude, and a big lunch, and be prepared to be out ran by a boat with the fuel pump only working half the time ! ! ! ! J/K bring the
"Vic's Famous Jet Fuel", and lots of it, Man you guys oughta come down to this gathering if nothing else to try this awesome adult beverage the man makes. Thats one guy and hopefully his better half coming, Who else is coming ? ? ? ?

thark27
08-17-2005, 05:19 AM
Like I said last night I will help all I can, all you have to do is ask. We live in a private valley and there is always a good time to be had. I would like to thank you Dustin for getting this started and hopefully we can make a yearly event out of it. Once again if you need anything you have my number.

thark27
08-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Directions to Toms.
When you get to Okmulgee on highway 75 it turns into Wood Drive.
You need to go to 6th street and turn west.
You will follow 6th thru town until you come to a T in the road
Turn right at the T and go to the Kum & go (one block)and then turn back left.
You will follow this road past the Okmulgee State Park entrance
Continue on this road till you see Rocky Hill Road or a Dripping Springs sign you will turn back left on this road.
as soon as you turn left there is a gravel road to the left turn there.
follow this road to the end and Tommy's house (gray brick)is on the right and mine is on the left. We are the last two houses on this road. On the way here the road has alot of curves so be careful.

DUECE'SDAD
08-18-2005, 02:55 PM
There you go fellow's, the man gave you directions to this weekends paradise ! ! The launch ramp and cove is all in the same area, so once your in there, your there. I should be there 5-6 friday afternoon, and there should be many others arivving early, if you beat me there, find anybody and make a friend, they will be more than glad to help you out or point you toward the ramp. Also one other thing, at the roost i really didnt notice many people taking rides in each others boat, but if anyone wants a ride in some one else boat, you wont know until you ask. I had several people at the roost say they would have like to ride in my boat sunday as we were pulling out. Anybody else coming..... Okie Dave are you out there ? ? ? Come on down

thark27
08-20-2005, 06:26 AM
We are off all day and are going for a short bike ride, but other than that we will be here so come early. Tommy's brother is also off and will be here for the day workin on a boat. so come on out and see us.

DUECE'SDAD
08-24-2005, 04:18 AM
Damn you guys missed a good first annual event, as with many, the turnout wasnt as large as expected thanks to a few "no shows" but it was to be expected with the prediction of rain which rolled in saturday around 5:00-6:00. But good times were had, and i have pics but no time to post on image center yet so stay tuned, but we had a blown alky flat that was bad ass, my boat broke, many adult beverages consumed, some of the best smoked meat especially the hot links, one boat flew off the trailer on the way home, one K.O., a heck of a party, and most of all the most wonderfull host family any one could expect (We stayed in what i swear to be the best "bed and breakfast" I have ever been in) Many thanks go out to the Wright (sp) family including Nanny Barb, Tommy, David and Tim H. Also thanks for the use of the smoker (john m), the help picking it up (don h), and the awesome cooks (david,hammer, etc. . .). Hope you guys enjoyed it and will have us back for an even better next year ! ! ! ! Tell them how you missed it "No show Vic"

thark27
08-24-2005, 05:39 AM
I thought that it was a pretty good turn out in spite of the rain, sorry I wasn't around much but it looked like one hell of a time. I would like to thank you Dustin for getting this together and I look forward to many many more in the years to come. As for next year lets start getting people together earlier and maybe we can have more people show up. To all the ones that NO SHOWED this year don't worry you can and have to redeem yourself next year with a fast ride on the chopper. Thanks again Dustin you and your family are the greatest and are welcome anytime.

DUECE'SDAD
08-24-2005, 06:29 AM
Dang, I forgot about the drunk minibike chopper games in the rain ! ! !

IMPATIENT 1
08-24-2005, 07:03 AM
How Many Peeps From Okie Are On The Boards?good To Find A Few From My Neck Of Woods.i Live In Hugo.what Lake Is This?is It Near
Eufala?

bawright
08-24-2005, 10:48 AM
I would like to thank all of you for a very nice weekend. Next year will be even better and you are all welcome back.

DUECE'SDAD
08-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, were about 20-30 miles north of eufala on hwy 75 there are alota of us with jets and v-drives down there and it is a beautiful lake and small enuf to not get to rough

thark27
08-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Okmulgee is a very nice and clean lake with pretty clear water, unlike Eufaula.

ONAROLL
08-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Damn you guys missed a good first annual event, as with many, the turnout wasnt as large as expected thanks to a few "no shows" but it was to be expected with the prediction of rain which rolled in saturday around 5:00-6:00. But good times were had, and i have pics but no time to post on image center yet so stay tuned, but we had a blown alky flat that was bad ass, my boat broke, many adult beverages consumed, some of the best smoked meat especially the hot links, one boat flew off the trailer on the way home, one K.O., a heck of a party, and most of all the most wonderfull host family any one could expect (We stayed in what i swear to be the best "bed and breakfast" I have ever been in) Many thanks go out to the Wright (sp) family including Nanny Barb, Tommy, David and Tim H. Also thanks for the use of the smoker (john m), the help picking it up (don h), and the awesome cooks (david,hammer, etc. . .). Hope you guys enjoyed it and will have us back for an even better next year ! ! ! ! Tell them how you missed it "No show Vic"
Pleeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your forcast was "rain" mine in Tahlequah was " take cover now, avoid windows and powerlines, 4 inches of rain falling with deadly lightning, I saw the radar loop until the storm covered the satalite signal and it didnt make much difference cause the lightning knocked out the power anyway..........glad you pulled out a good time anyway :D ....Vic

WildHair
09-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Enjoyed the weekend. Good food, good conversation and good beer. More good food, more good conversation and more good beer. Lets do it again next year. This time for 4 or 5 days. Have pictures of weekend bash. Please excuse focus budweisher moment. Pictures have been sent to Duece'sDad hope you received them. ;)

Carnivalride
09-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Enjoyed the weekend. Good food, good conversation and good beer. More good food, more good conversation and more good beer. Lets do it again next year. This time for 4 or 5 days. Have pictures of weekend bash. Please excuse focus budweisher moment. Pictures have been sent to Duece'sDad hope you received them. ;)
Hey DD how about postin Wildhairs picks for those of us that couldn't attent. :D :D Pleeaase. :D