PDA

View Full Version : BBC Stock roller lifters

jstwkd
05-06-2003, 10:54 AM
Anyone running a set of stock roller gm lifters. With an after market cam? Or does anyone know if its possible?
Thanks

Tee
05-06-2003, 11:41 AM
I just spent 45 minutes on hold with Comp Tech today finding out if I could run Solid Roller Lifters on my Hydraulic Roller Cam. Part of the recording they have you listen too while on hold says you can run OEM roller lifters on an aftermarket roller cam in a OEM roller block. Inspect them for wear and clearances (DUH!) but it is ok to do.
Oh, and incase you wanted to know. You can run solid roller lifters on a Hydraulic roller cam. They recomended a tighter lash of 6 to 8 thou. And no more than 500psi seat pressure. You CAN"T however run hydraulic rollers on a solid roller cam. Something to do with how the lobes are shaped.
[ May 06, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Tee ]

jstwkd
05-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Tee
Thanks for the info I actually spent about 20 min. on hold with comp cams before I heard thatbit of info. I'm switching to a solid from a hyd. roller good to know thanks again

eliminator777
05-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Hyd.rollers are for cars and lazy guys.no spring pressure breeds not much for RPM's I can't remenber ever seeing a HYD. roller cam in a 1000 plus hp motor either or its a secret :D :D :D :p :p