PDA

View Full Version : I need your advise, Help?

Da-Bull
08-17-2005, 09:03 AM
I bought Mike Lewis's "Hot Headed" flat. I am building a 496 stroker motor. My question is; should I run a water pump set up or should I force feed it? I am not going to lake it very much. My builder says, I should be in the 650 to 700 horse range. What do you race guy's do? Any advise would sure be appreciated. :D If this helps, I'm running Dart heads and tunnel, BME aluminum rods, Crower crank. Thanks for any advise. :D
Thanks,
Jeff

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
08-17-2005, 02:21 PM
I bought Mike Lewis's "Hot Headed" flat. I am building a 496 stroker motor. My question is; should I run a water pump set up or should I force feed it? I am not going to lake it very much. My builder says, I should be in the 650 to 700 horse range. What do you race guy's do? Any advise would sure be appreciated. :D If this helps, I'm running Dart heads and tunnel, BME aluminum rods, Crower crank. Thanks for any advise. :D
Thanks,
Jeff
i force feed mine and never overheated it at the lake.if the prop is turning its getting plenty of water,bbc cast block,heads,stock crank,hooptie tunnel,cheap rods......im sure ill get a response out of that one... :lightsabe

FLYTE RISK
08-17-2005, 02:29 PM
i force feed mine and never overheated it at the lake.if the prop is turning its getting plenty of water,bbc cast block,heads,stock crank,hooptie tunnel,cheap rods......im sure ill get a response out of that one... :lightsabe No not a response just a DDDOOOOYYYYYYY your boat was set up by Da-bull's Buddy doy :boxed: :idea:

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
08-17-2005, 03:12 PM
No not a response just a DDDOOOOYYYYYYY your boat was set up by Da-bull's Buddy doy :boxed: :idea:
maybe he lost doooy's number...he should just call him next time.

Da-Bull
08-18-2005, 08:13 AM
maybe he lost doooy's number...he should just call him next time.
Thanks for the help, sounds like you guy's have issues. Why didn't I think of calling my buddy, duh. Flyte do you use a water pump? I know Jimmy force feeds his.
Thanks,
Jeff

meaniam
08-18-2005, 08:37 AM
when force feeding the water do you just remove the water pump impeller? or what?

superdave013
08-18-2005, 09:22 AM
why not just run a pump?

Carnivalride
08-18-2005, 09:46 AM
why not just run a pump?
I second that especially if it's a lake boat. :rollside: :rollside:

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
08-18-2005, 10:53 AM
If That Prop Is Turning Its Cooling Plenty...even At Idle In Gear....,,no Pump Looks Clean Too.at Least You Can Warm The Engine Up Quickly Without A Pump...seems Like The Pump Keeps It Cold To Long.

Da-Bull
08-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I second that especially if it's a lake boat. :rollside: :rollside:
The boat will not be laked that much, motor is 14.1 compression. But sounds like the pump would probably be the way to go, I guess :confused: Thanks guy's for all the input so far. What about a closed system, electric pump and catch can?

Bt273
08-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Ya know, we have had numerous conversations on this matter, but obviously you do not want my input to RUN the water pump, so I guess your on your own,just because I don't does not mean that it is the right thing to do, some guys do and others do not for various reasons. GOOD LUCK.

FLYTE RISK
08-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Ya know, we have had numerous conversations on this matter, but obviously you do not want my penial input anymore!!! To RUN the penis pump, so I guess your on your own,just because I don't does not mean that it is the right thing to do, some guys do and others do not for various reasons. GOOD LUCK. Wow this is sure alot of nasty pillow talk, save it for the bedroom or restroom or YUUUK wherever!!! :220v:

Da-Bull
08-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Ya know, we have had numerous conversations on this matter, but obviously you do not want my input to RUN the water pump, so I guess your on your own,just because I don't does not mean that it is the right thing to do, some guys do and others do not for various reasons. GOOD LUCK.
I am going to run the pump, you know what that is all about. I guess that 10 to1 motor will sell sooner or later to someone that wants a good turn key lake motor. Thanks for the advise.

O.B eddie
08-20-2005, 12:22 PM
I am going to run the pump, you know what that is all about. I guess that 10 to1 motor will sell sooner or later to someone that wants a good turn key lake motor. Thanks for the advise.
Are you kidding me, you are asking for advice from these Yahoo's?? Red bull do yourself a favor, return the wing to the park where you removed it, As I am sure there are family's with no where to picnic, with that (picnic table)sorry wing, it could sit a family of 20 for a thanksgiving dinner!!! S.D (Herman) go home and clean the house!! Hee Haww :shift: