PDA

View Full Version : New Toy uhohoh

Charley
08-17-2005, 02:05 PM
nothing too demanding......
Finally got my other new delivery back from IMZZ industries in Brea... I think they did a great Job! thought I would share.....
05 DuramaxLLY/allison
90 HP Bully Dog Power Pup
AFE cool air Intake
5" Magnaflow
CST 9"-11" Lift/ Atlas Rears
Toyo 38 x 15.50 MT's
Helo Max 8's ..sorry Tob just 18's ;)
4.56 Gears
bunch of "Stage-Tech Blue" Powdercoating ;)(check out da Pimp ASS reciever)!
Amp Research Steps
carriage works Grill
Color matched front bumper and door handles
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Truckchev060.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Truckchev056.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Truckchev057.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Truckchev067.jpg
Thanks to Carl "Sandbar Junkies" for putting the cherry on my Chevy Sundae !
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Bro_Jo_hospital_066.jpg

djunkie
08-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Wow that looks bad ass. So how big a ladder you need to get in it? :hammerhea Sorry charley I had to before someone else did. :D

UnionJack
08-17-2005, 02:10 PM
pulling the 32' will be nice, I'm just wonding what it will be like to turn that thing around at Windsor? Outside lanes for you :D

ROZ
08-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Very clean looking truck!
Is the carriage painted blue to maybe match the trailer of your new boat?

unleashed
08-17-2005, 02:15 PM
pulling the 32' will be nice, I'm just wonding what it will be like to turn that thing around at Windsor? Outside lanes for you :D
Outside lanes and over the parking bumps! ;)
Very nice Charley. I guess that thing wont be seeing Glamis...its to pretty!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

UnionJack
08-17-2005, 02:15 PM
matching.... Nice

sigepmock
08-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Nice looking truck but how come you only have one reservoir mount on the left shock???? :confused:
Chris

andy01
08-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Charlie it looks bad ass! I might come by and take a look at it/drive it. I have been kicking around the same idea with my new truck.
Andy

Steamin' Rice
08-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Looks killer Charley - when do you get a boat to tow behind it???

Charley
08-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Good thought I hadn't considered a blue trailer ;) .... what kind of deal can you get me on a 9"-ish drop down all in on DVD unit, with good wireless headphones for my overhead console?
Charlie it looks bad ass! I might come by and take a look at it/drive it. I have been kicking around the same idea with my new truck.
Andy
anytime.... call me on my cell @ 714-317-9371
Looks killer Charley - when do you get a boat to tow behind it???
mmmmm Im thinkin new years-ish? I dunno Im in no big hurry... come march 06 I will be in a hurry ;)

TOBTEK
08-17-2005, 06:39 PM
LOOKS GREAT! love all the blue power coating. Doing a couple of RE-FI's for a budy that owns a powder coating shop.....may have to add some color as well.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-17-2005, 08:11 PM
I have noticed you love to brag and make us poor folk look dumb!!!
Baby-truck-boats Are you trying to compensate for something?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-17-2005, 08:11 PM
F'n 3do has a password again!!! :D

Jordy
08-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Lookin' good there Mr. Big!!! :D :D :D
Where are you going to mount the baby seat in it though? :hammerhea (sorry, the ladder comment was already taken) :D

Kilrtoy
08-17-2005, 08:53 PM
That is pretty sick....

mbrown2
08-17-2005, 08:55 PM
Looks pretty sick...awesome job.

riverliver
08-18-2005, 06:56 AM
Very nice Mr.C......

prosthogod
08-18-2005, 07:19 AM
Look out for the Bully Dog stuff. I went through 3 chips in one year until they finally refunded my money and I put all Banks stuff on.

Sandbar Junkies
08-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Wow that looks bad ass. So how big a ladder you need to get in it? :hammerhea Sorry charley I had to before someone else did. :D
Don't worry Charley, I got your back. I'll make you a polished stainless steel DCB ladder.

unleashed
08-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Just saw Charleys truck in Person. The undercarriage of that thing is sick. You have to see it in person to appreciate it.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Charley
08-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks dude, I feel like a dumbass... I just came over to your house and forgot to thank you guys for the cool present you got for Brody..... it will come in handy next summer for sure!! Thank you

Dave C
08-20-2005, 07:49 AM
nice chevy.... except the mispelling on the tow hitch! lol
maybe I was wrong about you guys.... you're alright!!

Just Electric
08-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Nice But Wheres The Ladder For U To Get In

Charley
08-20-2005, 10:35 AM
I have noticed you love to brag and make us poor folk look dumb!!!
Baby-truck-boats Are you trying to compensate for something?
(replying to 3do) just think buddy you could afford a Chevy with shit if you applied your bravo breakage fund.... hi jeffy
nice chevy.... except the mispelling on the tow hitch! lol
maybe I was wrong about you guys.... you're alright!!
ahhh Dave you gettin soft or what? ;)
Nice But Wheres The Ladder For U To Get In
Amp research steps are the shit ... if anyone is thinking about doing 4 kodiaks I suggest you look at these things they are a lil more $$ but look way nicer(hidden when up) and alot beefier too

dossangers
08-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Nice cover there i was wondering when i would see another 1 BADASS!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/167DSC00019.JPG

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-22-2005, 02:26 PM
nice ride Charley.. :cool:

cyclone
08-22-2005, 03:10 PM
nothing too demanding......
Finally got my other new delivery back from IMZZ industries in Brea... I think they did a great Job! thought I would share.....
05 DuramaxLLY/allison
90 HP Bully Dog Power Pup
AFE cool air Intake
5" Magnaflow
CST 9"-11" Lift/ Atlas Rears
Toyo 38 x 15.50 MT's
Helo Max 8's ..sorry Tob just 18's ;)
4.56 Gears
bunch of "Stage-Tech Blue" Powdercoating ;)(check out da Pimp ASS reciever)!
Amp Research Steps
carriage works Grill
Color matched front bumper and door handles
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Truckchev060.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Truckchev056.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Truckchev067.jpg
Thanks to Carl "Sandbar Junkies" for putting the cherry on my Chevy Sundae !
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Bro_Jo_hospital_066.jpg
Didn't know that was your HD, Charley. you might have seen my '67 Chevy sitting in the parking lot when you were there. it's the one body dropped on 22's rusting away...lol The powdercoating looks great by the way. congrats!

Havasu Hangin'
08-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Man...that's a nice truck. I real step up (literally) from the Ford, eh?
With the Duramax and those 4.56's...you plan on pulling some tree stumps out? :supp:
:D

Charley
08-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Didn't know that was your HD, Charley. you might have seen my '67 Chevy sitting in the parking lot when you were there. it's the one body dropped on 22's rusting away...lol The powdercoating looks great by the way. congrats!
Was it the Pickup?? if so I was telling Jim how If I did a Pickup-ROD that would be by far the best body style to go with..... nice project man.... now get his(jim) ass in gear :wink
With the Duramax and those 4.56's...you plan on pulling some tree stumps out? :supp:
actually with the 38's the 4.56's get the setup pretty close to stock again as far as RPMs per MPH etc..... I am REALLY happy with the ride of the CST and TOYOs.....compared to my 00 superduty it's a night and day difference and worlds quieter in the cab too....I really need to sell my Harley Truck now ... 2 car payments sucks! I'll take $25.5k if anyone is interested

djunkie
08-23-2005, 02:33 AM
2 car payments sucks! I'll take $25.5k if anyone is interested
Come on Charley we know its not the 2 car payments. Your just embarassed to have that ford in the driveway aren't you? :D :D

mbrown2
08-23-2005, 08:08 AM
I am wondering how that has changed the powerband characteristics and gas milage? I always thought of upgrading the gears to just bring it back to stock...

Havasu Hangin'
08-23-2005, 08:20 AM
I am wondering how that has changed the powerband characteristics and gas milage? I always thought of upgrading the gears to just bring it back to stock...
UJ and GRASS PAY$ both had 40's, and never re-geared (they pulled their "resin bucket" DCBs just fine).
At 75MPH, I show that Charley will be taching a couple hundred RPMs over stock- I guess you ballers don't care about gas mileage. :cry:

mbrown2
08-23-2005, 08:23 AM
UJ and GRASS PAY$ both had 40's, and never re-geared (they pulled their "resin bucket" DCBs just fine).
At 75MPH, I show that Charley will be taching a couple hundred RPMs over stock- I guess you ballers don't care about gas mileage. :cry:
I do....I am ready to dump this diesel which stays on the side of the house 4 days a week, tows a boat about half a mile every other week, and the cost of diesel now has crested above super....don't make sense....like wiping before you poop.:)

DrewDown
08-23-2005, 08:26 AM
I do....I am ready to dump this diesel which stays on the side of the house 4 days a week, tows a boat about half a mile every other week, and the cost of diesel now has crested above super....don't make sense....like wiping before you poop.:)
I'll trade you for a crew cab half ton. 17 mpg

mbrown2
08-23-2005, 08:32 AM
I'll trade you for a crew cab half ton. 17 mpg No; I already have a SUV to tow with.....maybe that missing truck payment, and I can get a Schiada V Drive...

CornWater
08-23-2005, 08:53 AM
No; I already have a SUV to tow with.....maybe that missing truck payment, and I can get a Schiada V Drive...
That's what you need, 3 boats... :rollside:

mbrown2
08-23-2005, 09:14 AM
That's what you need, 3 boats... :rollside:
Now you sound like my wife :)

CornWater
08-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Now you sound like my wife :)
:eek: :eek:

Riverkid
08-23-2005, 09:47 AM
No; I already have a SUV to tow with.....maybe that missing truck payment, and I can get a Schiada V Drive...
NOW you're talking! :D

Charley
08-25-2005, 06:57 AM
and the cost of diesel now has crested above super....don't make sense....like wiping before you poop.:)
I agree with ya 100%.... part of the justification for this was that I would slowly save some $$ along the way.....Oh well the Truck is fun and I only work 6 miles from the house...It's so funny I was talking with some people in my office just yesterday about gas prices.... why didn't we charge KUWAIT in OIL to defend them?? I swear if we ran this country a little more like a company we could do alot more good

INSman
08-25-2005, 07:47 AM
Nice cover there i was wondering when i would see another 1 BADASS!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/167DSC00019.JPG
Anyone else told that chroming these diff covers significantly reduces the cooling properties ?? :supp: They do look sweet though :D

Speedin' Ian
08-25-2005, 08:25 AM
INSman you are correct, chroming the diff. cover does reduce the cooling ability. Chrome acts as a barrier and traps the heat in.

unleashed
08-25-2005, 08:36 AM
INSman you are correct, chroming the diff. cover does reduce the cooling ability. Chrome acts as a barrier and traps the heat in.
By how much??? Does Powder coating effect the cooling ability??
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

FORUM-BAD-ASS
08-25-2005, 08:42 AM
I think the increased capacity of oil will take care of that those are bad ass covers !!!

onesloryd
08-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Some time ago when I was chroming a Mag-Hytec trans pan I ran some basic numbers on the difference in specific & heat transfer when chromed as opposed to bare and it was not that significant if I remember correctly. Also remember that the stock Hytec cover is powder coated which is a better thermal insulator the chrome. Anyways the added capacity and good synthetic gear oil with make for the difference in cooling.

WetWillie
10-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Any reason you went with the Bully Dog stuff over the edge juice and attitude? I am getting ready to do my truck and and trying to put it all together. Imput would be appreciated..
What about the Bullydog exhaust stuff??

INSman
10-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Any reason you went with the Bully Dog stuff over the edge juice and attitude? I am getting ready to do my truck and and trying to put it all together. Imput would be appreciated..
Get the "Juice" Bill, only way to go !!! I have had mine for over a year now and am still amazed at the setup. I drive around on the highest setting all the time unless towing and get the best mileage, that seems to be continually increasing as the motor breaks in. 20mpg last trip back from Havasu, not towing, average speed of probably 85 +... Truck is lifted 6" and has 35" tires

WetWillie
10-03-2005, 07:56 PM
I figured that was a good way to go. But Charles in Charge is pretty sharp cookie so i wanted to see what he knew..
Charles whats the scoop?
Get the "Juice" Bill, only way to go !!! I have had mine for over a year now and am still amazed at the setup. I drive around on the highest setting all the time unless towing and get the best mileage, that seems to be continually increasing as the motor breaks in. 20mpg last trip back from Havasu, not towing, average speed of probably 85 +... Truck is lifted 6" and has 35" tires

Charley
10-03-2005, 08:13 PM
how are you calculating your mileage?? I am not trying to be fecisious, I honestly wanna know because the edge does not have the ability to recalibrate your speedo once you have done bigger tires, the powerpup does have this ability....and you cannot use the heads up display once you have done either of the two....

Charley
10-03-2005, 08:14 PM
is fecesious spelled right?? looks like its in the fecies family lol

CornWater
10-03-2005, 08:15 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WetWillie
10-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Ok so that is one benefit.. What was your deciding factor going with the Doggy?
Blaine I thought you were a numbers guy.. there goes the neigborhood.

Charley
10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
I went with the 5" magnaflow, and also was strictly told to leave the Cat inline because the LLYs like more back pressure than the LB7s...

Charley
10-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Did we lose Insman or did he just realize he is really only getting 13mpg? LOL!

WetWillie
10-03-2005, 08:33 PM
So why the Bull Dog? Everyone was talking about the EDGE and you got the Dog? Any real reason??
Price?

Charley
10-03-2005, 08:40 PM
#1 I like to know my True speed, the bullydog gives you the ability to recalibrate after a tire size change, Edge does not... #2 If your Speedo aint right your odometer isn't either! hence no accurate MPG knowledge. #3 I was guaranteed the highest setting of the bully dog would not send me into Limp mode ..... so far so good... now I will say the turbo lag when you first take off still drives me batty, if the edge or any other chip/add on can eliminate it I'm all ears

INSman
10-03-2005, 09:10 PM
#1 I like to know my True speed, the bullydog gives you the ability to recalibrate after a tire size change, Edge does not... #2 If your Speedo aint right your odometer isn't either! hence no accurate MPG knowledge. #3 I was guaranteed the highest setting of the bully dog would not send me into Limp mode ..... so far so good... now I will say the turbo lag when you first take off still drives me batty, if the edge or any other chip/add on can eliminate it I'm all ears
Let's run em' !!!!
Sorry guys, had to go watch Desperate Housewives with the little woman :wink:
There is a method to recalibrate the MPH on my Edge Juice by entering the tire dimensions, just have been too lazy to do it. My speedo says 75 and handheld GPS reads about 87. Therefore, when my mpg reads 18.5, I am figuring 20.3 or so.. :)

WetWillie
10-03-2005, 09:13 PM
My wife made me Tivo it.. :rollside:
Any negitived to the Edge stuff like the turbo lag Charlie speaks off?

INSman
10-03-2005, 09:17 PM
My wife made me Tivo it.. :rollside:
Any negitived to the Edge stuff like the turbo lag Charlie speaks off?
Running "invisible" I see :cool:
No turbo lag to speak of unless th engine is very cold, like first thing in the morning. I have 4" exhaust from the turbo back, which allows my turbo to spool "very" quickly. I also have the older LB7 motor, so I guess mine likes less back pressure. :idea:

INSman
10-03-2005, 09:19 PM
And yes Charley you are correct, my speedo and odometer are off (low), I would say 11% or so. Anyone want to buy a low mileage truck ?? :wink: :hammer2: :D

WetWillie
10-03-2005, 09:22 PM
I forgot I was set that way.. Wife was logging on for a while and could see me on HB when I was supposed ot be at home for dinner.. :cry:

INSman
10-03-2005, 09:24 PM
I forgot I was set that way.. Wife was logging on for a while and could see me on HB when I was supposed ot be at home for dinner.. :cry:
That's focken funny right there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer2:

WetWillie
10-03-2005, 09:25 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294IMGP1202.JPG :sqeyes:
Those KMC wheels?

Charley
10-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Let's run em' !!!!
Sorry guys, had to go watch Desperate Housewives with the little woman :wink:
There is a method to recalibrate the MPH on my Edge Juice by entering the tire dimensions, just have been too lazy to do it. My speedo says 75 and handheld GPS reads about 87. Therefore, when my mpg reads 18.5, I am figuring 20.3 or so.. :)
problem is as soon as you use that edge your Heads up of 18.5 is worthless.... so to proportionally recalculate is equally worthless... I took a highway trip to Palm Springs right after I had my power pup installed and my heads up actually read 27.2mpg ... I was so fricken excited I think I even gave my wife an orgasm that night in the hotel!!! well then i got the bad news, once you flash your heads up is trash...... do the math Insman you aint getting 20mpgs ;)

INSman
10-03-2005, 09:27 PM
yup, 20x10's ( I think 20's, I am tired) .. :confused:

INSman
10-03-2005, 09:31 PM
problem is as soon as you use that edge your Heads up of 18.5 is worthless.... so to proportionally recalculate is equally worthless... I took a highway trip to Palm Springs right after I had my power pup installed and my heads up actually read 27.2mpg ... I was so fricken excited I think I even gave my wife an orgasm that night in the hotel!!! well then i got the bad news, once you flash your heads up is trash...... do the math Insman you aint getting 20mpgs ;)
I am not sure what the "Flash" is or isn't and I guess I will have to get the "true" miles from Thousand Oaks to Havasu, but I have a small tank and I can make it back from Havasu and run back and forth to work 2 times on a full tank of 24 gallons. I would bet I am getting 20 :wink:

WetWillie
10-03-2005, 09:31 PM
I thought you were Mr numbers?? I saying you are not getting 20mpg. YOU better hurry up and do the math.. Your reps on the line here!

INSman
10-03-2005, 09:34 PM
I thought you were Mr numbers?? I saying you are not getting 20mpg. YOU better hurry up and do the math.. Your reps on the line here!
You non-believ'n fockers !!!! :argue:

INSman
10-03-2005, 09:35 PM
I am Mr. Insurance, who the heck is Mr. Numbers ??? :jawdrop: :confused: :idea: :supp: :D

Charley
10-03-2005, 09:49 PM
I am Mr. Insurance, who the heck is Mr. Numbers ??? :jawdrop: :confused: :idea: :supp: :D
LMAO!! WW is just angling for a better # lol....... hey Insman if you are making that trip + work 2 more days on 24 gallons I'm impressed my LLY would not!
Im out! Nigh Nigh

INSman
10-03-2005, 09:51 PM
LMAO!! WW is just angling for a better # lol....... hey Insman if you are making that trip + work 2 more days on 24 gallons I'm impressed my LLY would not!
Im out! Nigh Nigh
Me too... :p

WetWillie
10-03-2005, 09:56 PM
We bet Charlies workman Comp policy on this..
Ins man can save you some real dough... If Insman wins and prove hes getting 20mpg he gets save you some money and i get half the commision!
Im so money! :jawdrop:

sigepmock
10-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Charley get rid of the Cat in that thing, add the Finger Stick(prevents the SES light from coming on when the cat is removed), and install an EGR block plate. It will spool much faster, increase MPG, and stop sending burned black soot back into the engine(EGR). With 35's and the Predator Programmer set on 85hp tune I'm getting 16mpg(doing the math myself). Ditch the kitty, it's the best mod I've done to the truck so far.
Chris

02HoWaRd26
10-04-2005, 08:32 AM
I have the ATS 4 1/4" stainless turbo back, My check engine light comes on probly once a month for like 25 miles, then turns back off, no big deal. But my trucks sits on 37"toyo's and with my edge on 5 all the time, ATS ex, and rfi intake I average 16.4-.8 I had the dealership re do the speedo they can do it. But this ex, sounds great and with no cat you don't get the big black puffs you still get them but no where near as big so I would say that the only true down fall on not running a cat on the lly trucks is you get less smoke and that shits pretty fun when the two guys are rollin stealth next to you in there convertible vet...

Charley
10-07-2005, 07:48 PM
the only true down fall on not running a cat on the lly trucks is you get less smoke and that shits pretty fun when the two guys are rollin stealth next to you in there convertible vet...
LMAO! nice