PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tim Turner

taylormanss
08-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Any word on the motor?????????That guy is making me look bad for recommending him to do your engine!!!!!!

Tim_T
08-17-2005, 07:02 PM
wednesday im going out there. Me and my buddy shaun are gonna go out and see whats up. Taking my coveralls with me just in case i have to assemble the freakin thing myself. LOL. That would be a MAJOR discount for me to do it. He might end up owing me money at my rate. I give you a call and let you know how it goes.
Tim

sdba069
08-17-2005, 08:52 PM
This should be interesting

taylormanss
08-18-2005, 07:56 PM
sorry to hear about the motor Tim,I really can't believe I recommended this guy to you,I won't recommend him to anyone else after this bullshit! I mean he's only had your motor since June.

mrgoslow
08-19-2005, 04:54 AM
if your talking about a guy near 5 points with his own facilities and dyno, your recommendation for an engine build is fine. he does excellent work and is quite knowlegeable. youll get quality but if you were looking for a quick turnaround your probably SOL.
I would suggest Duffin Machine in SA near the airport for quality and timeliness for guys in the CC area unless your willing to drive a little farther. if so, there seems to be a good builder in this post.

Tim_T
08-19-2005, 05:24 AM
The motor is all machined, and ready to be assembled but he is just cutting it real close for me. I wanted the motor 2 weeks ago so i could get a couple shake down runs on it. I kind of wish I would have kept my olds in the boat now. The builder was actually pretty funny when i told him i would come out and help him assemble it, he looked at me and said that i could hold the tools or something. I have been an airframe powerplant mech for like years. Im pretty sure i can do more than hold the tools. Anyway, the guy said it would be done by friday or saturday and i will be out there to get it one of those days.

taylormanss
08-19-2005, 06:57 AM
No mrgoslow I'm talking about a place in Alice,Tx.

LewdAct
08-19-2005, 06:59 AM
all i can tell you is good luck :clover: even Mr GoSlow can be extremely modest when dealing with this guy,, i think he may have taken a Paxill before posting his last post, Bottem line,,,,,That guy is a good machinest but he cant Lie worth a shit, he is slow and you cannot rely on a time frame that he gives you,,, THATS WHAT I THINK :mad:

Liberator TJ1984
08-19-2005, 07:16 AM
No mrgoslow I'm talking about a place in Alice,Tx.
If the places initials are C.E.B. on main street ???? GOOD LUCK :messedup:
took my 327 to him years ago and after 3 mos. had to get the Cops on them to find and return all my parts , the crap they wanted to return was not mine :mad: then tried to get me to pay storage :boxingguy
a close friend also took his street rod there to have his 350 rebuilt, 2 wks. later it started knocking , when he took it apart found a broken piston skirt...they swapped his forged TRW Pistons for Cast Badger Brand !!!!

LewdAct
08-19-2005, 08:12 AM
all i can say about that place in alice is please check your parts!!!!!! :supp:

taylormanss
08-19-2005, 09:16 AM
damn I should have checked with you guys from O.G./Sandia area before I referred Tim to this guy,He did a good job on my motor,but then again it's pretty well stock!That really sucks about your 327 gopher!

Liberator TJ1984
08-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Taylorman, the guy Ken and GoSlo mentioned above in 5 points area did my motor , HE IS NOT FAST by a long shot , if he says 2 weeks ,shoot for 3 mos. :D But , he will stand behind work and knows what he's doing ..He speeds up ALOT if You Wave CASH in front of him :D

Tim_T
08-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Well this guy doesnt react to well to cash in his face or he would have been done 3 weeks ago. The way its lookin i might be breakin in the cam on the launch ramp labor day weekend. :angry2:

taylormanss
08-19-2005, 02:16 PM
hell we'll brake it in on the water hose at home!

"TOYMAN"
08-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Well We are all wondering if you got you'r MIA motor..?
I know of two top notch builders one is Gary Snow AKA: "Snowman" in Koperl, Tx, I havent been a receipent of his work yet because of his prices and my funds. But the one that rebuilt my motor is Randy Sides http://www.extremeperformanceandmarine.com his # is 817-910-2370
He is for sure a little slower than most because of his demand, however I would simply wait and get it done right and with out a hint or question as to performance and longevety of rebuilds, And he's a beer drinker , so it's all good....
" Toyman"

sdba069
08-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey Ron......... I'm taking that as, my prices are fine , but you just don't have the money.

sdba069
08-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Can't let Randy get 1 up on me. Our web site is PERFORMANCE MARINE (http://www.performancemarine.cc)

Tim_T
08-30-2005, 08:21 PM
got the motor friday. Its in the boat now just need to connect the wiring and water lines and fire it up.

Liberator TJ1984
08-31-2005, 04:58 AM
Weekend will be here before ya know it dude :hammer2:
J/K Take your time and don't forget nothing , get it right the first time :D see ya at Jet Fest :D

Tim_T
08-31-2005, 06:15 AM
I'll have it runnin today! I am gonna have to pull it out after jetfest though. I need a different oil pan. The one that came with it is a 7qt truck pan and its a little too deep in the rear. Its not touching anything but the drain is in the bottom too. So if anybody has a shorter pan I NEED ONE. See ya at jet fest.
Tim

rrrr
08-31-2005, 07:43 AM
Hey Ron......... I'm taking that as, my prices are fine , but you just don't have the money.
Heheh, that's funny Garry. :hammerhea :hammerhea

Liberator TJ1984
08-31-2005, 08:01 AM
Toyman ,
Where I'm at $ 45,000 for a 454 short Block ain't exactly low budget ( ck out prices on his site ):rolleyes: Ain't bashin' Randy, but thats alot of clams for a std.bore motor
I could run thru 10 shortblocks for that kinda money ... :confused:
hell I'm goin on 6 years on my block now with less than 5K in it , just rolled bearings in for the first time last week !

Carnivalride
08-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Toyman ,
Where I'm at $ 45,000 for a 454 short Block ain't exactly low budget ( ck out prices on his site ):rolleyes: Ain't bashin' Randy, but thats alot of clams for a std.bore motor
hell I'm goin on 6 years on my block now with less than 5K in it , just rolled bearings in for the first time last week !
Surely thats gotta be a misprint! :2purples: :2purples: $40,000 for a 454 short block with 'Scat' brand parts??? :hammerhea :hammerhea

sdba069
08-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey Randall, what's up? Ready for Plowman's???

"TOYMAN"
09-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Oh no When I did his site at the start I didn't know any prices, Still don't
know any
It's still underconstruction and all Thats just what I put down.to test the site.
Randy is just so busy, He can't even get to the phone most days.
Well have it wraped up sometime when he get's alittle slower " Like that will ever happen" "Like being busy is a bad complaint" LOL
The Man's a one man army in his self..
Toyman ,

"TOYMAN"
09-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Gary, Not that kind of money!! :2purples: just have to find the best deal I can. with family problems and all..
Heheh, that's funny Garry. :hammerhea :hammerhea

sdba069
09-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Do what you got to do. It all comes out in the rinse, anyway.

taylormanss
09-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey Randall, what's up? Ready for Plowman's???
Yeah I'm ready,I'm talkin' to the wifey about coming up,I gps ed the centurion last weekend and it's running 60 mph even,I really would like to change the cam sometime soon,and I want to bump it up as far as possible.