PDA

View Full Version : CP Gullwing

hbpdub
08-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey just started restoring a 1983 CP Gullwing that I bought a couple of months ago, any CP owners out there have any helpful tips about CP'S.

hbpdub
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
or not, thanks guys

Squirtin Thunder
08-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Hey just started restoring a 1983 CP Gullwing that I bought a couple of months ago, any CP owners out there have any helpful tips about CP'S.
I think a Big Bad Ford like this one would be a good start !!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2311Pict0610.jpg

Jake W2
08-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Is it a 18 or 19 both and all CPs are bad ass hulls.Have any pics?
Jake

Hustler
08-18-2005, 03:14 PM
That would be a great start if he wanted to go slow :D
I think a Big Bad Ford like this one would be a good start !!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2311Pict0610.jpg

Jetmugg
08-18-2005, 03:26 PM
I've had 2 of them (an 18 and a 19). They are great hulls for going fast. My advice is to make sure the stringers are solid all the way from the front to the back. Check carefully for any water damage to the stringers, and fix any before proceeding.
There are lots of Gullwing pics on this board. Get some rigging ideas from the pics, and go from there. Most of all, have a clear vision of what you are building, and try to stick to the vision. (i.e. seating, controls, intended use).
Go for a manual PD, it's easier to make accurate adjustments at speed.
SteveM.

Squirtin Thunder
08-18-2005, 03:46 PM
That would be a great start if he wanted to go slow :D
:boxingguy You are a Funny Guy aren't you ??? :boxingguy

Hustler
08-18-2005, 03:48 PM
:boxingguy You are a Funny Guy aren't you ??? :boxingguy
I think so :rolleyes: :D

Squirtin Thunder
08-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I think so :rolleyes: :D
It looked like you were having a hard time hitting the bridge !!!
That guy with that Green and White Southwind was bouncing tail off the bridge all weekend. Was something wrong with the Chevy ??? J/K !!!

Hustler
08-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Hard time? I think not. I did'nt have to "bounce my boat" to hit the bridge :D

Squirtin Thunder
08-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Hard time? I think not. I did'nt have to "bounce my boat" to hit the bridge :D
Joe it doesn't look like he is bouncing here !!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2143friday_CBBB_035.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
08-18-2005, 03:58 PM
But in this pic it looks like your tail shrank !!!! :(
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1078cbbb19.jpg
Most have been the cold water ??????? :D :smile:
Just yankin your chain Joe !!!

Hustler
08-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Nope. That is one awsome pic. I saw it earlier. Mikes boat runs hard for every thing he puts it through. I give Dugans mad props for building a solid motor. Did you take that from a room?

Hustler
08-18-2005, 04:03 PM
But in this pic it looks like your tail shrank !!!! :(
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1078cbbb19.jpg
Most have been the cold water ??????? :D :smile:
Just yankin your chain Joe !!!
Is that mine going the other way? I never went all the way until I was under the bridge, too many paople in the area and I did'nt want to hit some one that was with CBBB, now a jet ski is another story :D I tried to get Mike to line up with me so we could hit it together but he was always going the other direction

Squirtin Thunder
08-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Had a great time even though my Holley Fuel pump took a crap and melted my Ford. Thanks Chris and Tyson !!!
Hi-Jacked another thread !!! Oooooppppppps !!!

Squirtin Thunder
08-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Is that mine going the other way? I never went all the way until I was under the bridge, too many paople in the area and I did'nt want to hit some one that was with CBBB, now a jet ski is another story :D I tried to get Mike to line up with me so we could hit it together but he was always going the other direction
Yes it was yours !!! I know Jerry got some good footage of yours and Mikes !!!

hbpdub
08-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Is it a 18 or 19 both and all CPs are bad ass hulls.Have any pics?
Jake
It's an 18.5 and I will be posting some pic's as soon as I get some.
JetMug, I just got finished the weekend before CBBB with repairing any and all holes or cracks on the entire lenth of the stringers and reinforced them with a new layer of glass. Now time to flip it over and blue print the bottom and then paint.
Hustler, I would have to completely agree with you, my bro has chevrolet tattooed across his chest and that is a good indication of whats going in the boat.
Squirtin Thunder, No agrument hear Nelson's engine is one bad ass mo fo but what makes that ensine so bad ass, is that it has alot of chevy parts in it to make it bad ass, and Yeah Rivertard is the man and hit the bridge almost every pass and not to mention the ****ing bad ass wheelie stands he was pulling all weekend, got his engine builders # yesterday.

Vern S
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Squirtin Thunder, No agrument hear Nelson's engine is one bad ass mo fo but what makes that ensine so bad ass, is that it has alot of chevy parts in it to make it bad ass
Just curious, what components are Chevrolet?

hbpdub
08-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Squirtin Thunder, No agrument hear Nelson's engine is one bad ass mo fo but what makes that ensine so bad ass, is that it has alot of chevy parts in it to make it bad ass
When I was talking to the guy about the motor, he said that the connecting rods and several other componets were chevy and thats what made it fast what he meant by that and exactly what components were what, I don't know. Everythings a blur from that weekend, too many beers will do that.

Jake W2
08-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Are the sides stright or do they angle out.does it have a bumped up T on the deck?
Jake

hbpdub
08-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Are the sides stright or do they angle out.does it have a bumped up T on the deck?
Jake
The sides angle out a bit and there is a T on the deck. It has 1 inch strigers

Jake W2
08-18-2005, 07:07 PM
If it has a T on the deck it is a 18 that is how people on the board know them.It would be a CP River Racer.Cool hull I had a 18 Earl Smith that I put alot of work in to sold it befor I finished it.Earl Smith is the original designer of that hull and Bill got the molds from him or ended up with them at some point.Then Bill did some more work to the moldes to strighten up the waves in them.How light is it?I will put up apic of mine after i re gelled it black.
Jake

Jake W2
08-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Here is a pic of when I was making the rigging parts in this pic just put the pump on it to make the transom plates ect.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2006sdgwp.jpg
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
08-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Well It is a Big Bad Ford !!! Yes it has chevy size parts, rod jurnals.
Nelson keeps it on the down low on what is really in that engine !!! But who in there right mind would put stock chevy parts in a 927HP engine ???
It is naturally aspreated with no power adders that is what makes it so
Bad Ass !!!

hbpdub
08-18-2005, 07:19 PM
If it has a T on the deck it is a 18 that is how people on the board know them.It would be a CP River Racer.Cool hull I had a 18 Earl Smith that I put alot of work in to sold it befor I finished it.Earl Smith is the original designer of that hull and Bill got the molds from him or ended up with them at some point.Then Bill did some more work to the moldes to strighten up the waves in them.How light is it?I will put up apic of mine after i re gelled it black.
Jake
From what I have heard and thur other research I think it's around 390 lbs. It only took me and another guy to lift it off the trailer (bare hull). Yeah and the sides are a little waivy.

hbpdub
08-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Here is a pic of when I was making the rigging parts in this pic just put the pump on it to make the transom plates ect.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2006sdgwp.jpg
Jake
That thing is sweet you never got it done???? Props on the gel...

hbpdub
08-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Well It is a Big Bad Ford !!! Yes it has chevy size parts, rod jurnals.
It is naturally aspreated with no power adders that is what makes it so
Bad Ass !!!
No arguments hear that is one of the best engines I saw all weekend that's for sure. I didn't see him run it though, I was probably sand crabing it on the beach from all the beer....

Jake W2
08-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I put some lime green on it that I never finished it kinda killed the clean(ness)for me and wished I never did it.I had about 98 of the parts ect they just needed to be cleaned up ect made every thing my self most every thing any way.Sold it to Steve (or jetmugg) he put it togeather and just sold it on sunday.No offence to Steve but it killed me to see it togeather not all the way finished to the point I had of it in my head owell lifes a bitch.
Jake

hbpdub
08-18-2005, 07:46 PM
I put some lime green on it that I never finished it kinda killed the clean(ness)for me and wished I never did it.I had about 98 of the parts ect they just needed to be cleaned up ect made every thing my self most every thing any way.Sold it to Steve (or jetmugg) he put it togeather and just sold it on sunday.No offence to Steve but it killed me to see it togeather not all the way finished to the point I had of it in my head owell lifes a bitch.
Jake
Yeah it's always hard to see something go that you put so much work into. I just did the same thing with a hondo.. But I sold it to by the CP ...

number 1 hondo
08-18-2005, 08:15 PM
all your boats are week