PDA

View Full Version : Need 10 of these!!!!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Msmeads on the boards is looking for a set of 10 of these. Who has some? :clover:
Jon your boat probably came with 8 but 10 is the way to go! :cool:
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Plate%20bosses.jpg

GofastRacer
08-18-2005, 08:07 AM
May end up having to get these and drill them for bolts!.. :confused: I got mine from Lee Performance, doubt that he'd have any by now though!..
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/21Plate_Boss.jpg

wsuwrhr
08-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Ill make you some
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-18-2005, 09:30 AM
May end up having to get these and drill them for bolts!.. :confused: I got mine from Lee Performance, doubt that he'd have any by now though!..
Or do that.
Brian

Morg
08-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Msmeads on the boards is looking for a set of 10 of these. Who has some? :clover:
Jon your boat probably came with 8 but 10 is the way to go! :cool:
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Plate%20bosses.jpg
I would definatly recomend 10
http://www.schoutenranch.com/morg/4-15-5/images/P4160026.jpg

superdave013
08-18-2005, 09:45 AM
What is wrong with the blind holes that are already tapped in those?

Morg
08-18-2005, 10:19 AM
What is wrong with the blind holes that are already tapped in those?
Thats not how Billy B's boat is set up :rollside: :rolleyes: :rollside: :notam:

GofastRacer
08-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Or mine!. :D

Big Proppa
08-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I will check tonight and see if any came on the hondo

Schiada76
08-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Hell, I'll trade you mine for a set with the blind holes.
Try cleaning around the fng nuts. :hammerhea
No, not those nuts! :eek:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Did Jon check with Stan or Lee at Schiada for some ? If not you could try Rex or Bergeron.
Scott.
I don't know, he said gofastracer and Dave Sammons told him they were obsolete and asks me to post the pics. I haven't called anybody yet.

msmeads1
08-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Thanks for posting Jerry.
I have spoken to everyone I know?
Art, Dave S., Billy B., Jerry. Brian at Bergeron ( they do not make them any more) Tried Glennwood, Rex has there on dealio? No luck
They are made out of bronze, then chromed? Old school Nicson stuff from the seventies.
I could go new and replace all , but that would take away from the retro look I trying to do with my b boat. I am going all original rigging (hull craft) with some proven changes ie 10 vs 8 cav plate bosses.
"Hell, I'll trade you mine for a set with the blind holes." brad p check your pm
Big Proppa is looking at the Hondo plates.b shoudld hear later from him on that?
"Ill make you some" Brain, can you make two out of the same material? Bronze I think? if so, let's go. check your pm.
If anyone has any ideas on where I can get some. please let me know?
Thanks,
Jon

GofastRacer
08-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Damn, maybe I should look into making them??? :idea:

mouzer
08-18-2005, 08:34 PM
should have a price on 10 like that and the one's with only 1 bolt in the middle(counter sunk from underneath)plate. i called my sales rep :rolleyes:he cant check till after 9 am thurs. i called him at home and he said he should be able to get 10 of either style!......MoUzEr :notam:

GofastRacer
08-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Only one bolt????. :2purples:

msmeads1
08-18-2005, 08:52 PM
should have a price on 10 like that and the one's with only 1 bolt in the middle(counter sunk from underneath)plate. i called my sales rep he cant check till after 9 am thurs. i called him at home and he said he should be able to get 10 of either style!......MoUzEr
O.K Mouzer. you on the hot spot now. :boxed: Starting a parts business on the side. Rex better look out.
Let us know the price of ether the 4 hole ,like I need or the single hole, flush mount. :cool:
Need to know the type of metal, ie Bronze, Alm, SS etcc.
see ya Mouzer.
Jon

wsuwrhr
08-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks for posting Jerry.
They are made out of bronze, then chromed? Old school Nicson stuff from the seventies.
I could go new and replace all , but that would take away from the retro look I trying to do with my b boat. I am going all original rigging (hull craft) with some proven changes ie 10 vs 8 cav plate bosses.
If anyone has any ideas on where I can get some. please let me know?
Thanks,
Jon
I sent you a PM,
But I see you are trying for the resto look. I could whittle some out of brass to make them look the same and have them chromed.
If I am only making two, would anyone else want some also? If they aren't being made anymore, I wonder if I should make a few other ones for later?
Brian

steelcomp
08-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I think I have about 6 of these...new, never used. They come with four #10 f h screws...the holes are about 3/16". They're solid stainless. Cast, I think. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1729100_0220.jpg

wrath of cron
08-19-2005, 03:03 AM
East coast we still use this stuff when rigging speed skiffs and garveys...try Sked at js marine WWW.jerseyspeedskiffs.com

msmeads1
08-19-2005, 06:03 AM
"think I have about 6 of these...new, never used. They come with four #10 f h screws...the holes are about 3/16". They're solid stainless. Cast, I think."
Thanks Steel comp. close but no cigar :mix:
I will try the jersy speed skiff lead. I will update all later.
Brain (wsuwrhr) I taked with Dave Sammons at the races, he even commented that these are a real "bitch to find". Even the Nordskog (sp) he is restoring now has these on them?
Thanks,
Jon

superdave013
08-19-2005, 06:33 AM
I sent you a PM,
But I see you are trying for the resto look. I could whittle some out of brass to make them look the same and have them chromed.
If I am only making two, would anyone else want some also? If they aren't being made anymore, I wonder if I should make a few other ones for later?
Brian
If you (or anyone else) ends up making them out of brass hit me up before you buy the material. I just happen to have a big bar of that stuff that just might be close to the right size. I have no need for it at this time so I'd be willing to let it go for less then you would pay at the metal supply house.

wsuwrhr
08-19-2005, 07:41 AM
If you (or anyone else) ends up making them out of brass hit me up before you buy the material. I just happen to have a big bar of that stuff that just might be close to the right size. I have no need for it at this time so I'd be willing to let it go for less then you would pay at the metal supply house.
Cool deal Dave,
I am going to see if anyone else wants any, and I will hit you up for that brass.
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Cool deal Dave,
I am going to see if anyone else wants any, and I will hit you up for that brass.
Brian
If you were smart you'd get on it.... ;)

superdave013
08-19-2005, 08:31 AM
If he was smart he would not mess with making a few v drive parts here and there but go for the larger production runs of something he can make some money at.
When I do one off stuff like that it's more for the fun and not the cash. Could you imagine what that stuff would cost @ 70 ~ 80.00 bucks an hour? Most people would think the cost of the set up time would be to high let alone the cost to run the few parts that are needed.

wsuwrhr
08-19-2005, 09:17 AM
So far the consensus is if I made ten I would be sitting on them for awhile.
I have no problem making a couple, if MsMeads wanted them. Some of my business is custom and one-off parts.
Since I was going to make one or two I was trying to gauge if anyone else wants some because they aren't available anymore.
I was trying to see if I could make them for a decent price for EVERYONE, rather than make a few for one guy for a one off price.
If anyone is interested, speak now or....you know the drill.
Back to work for me
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-19-2005, 10:15 AM
I have no problem making a couple, if MsMeads wanted them. Some of my business is custom and one-off parts.
Since I was going to make one or two I was trying to gauge if anyone else wants some because they aren't available anymore.
I was trying to see if I could make them for a decent price for EVERYONE, rather than make a few for one guy for a one off price.
Back to work for me
Brian
Do you have any idea how many people lurk on here? With the K-boat boom in full swing you should be throwin chips for all kinds of parts. :2purples:

superdave013
08-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Jerry, so you are sayin he should spend the coin for the material, coolent, cutters and elect. and make a bunch of extra parts. Then sit on them until some lurker needs them?
You have no idea of how long it takes and what the price of 6061-T6 is these days.
Ah, it's almost noon so I've got to log off for the day. I have a hot date with my new to me CNC mill right now.
Cheers

uclahater
08-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Back to work for me
Brian
I know the drill all to good :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Jerry, so you are sayin he should spend the coin for the material, coolent, cutters and elect. and make a bunch of extra parts. Then sit on them until some lurker needs them?
You have no idea of how long it takes and what the price of 6061-T6 is these days.
Ah, it's almost noon so I've got to log off for the day. I have a hot date with my new to me CNC mill right now.
Cheers
Good point,,,homie can't even afford a used dryer. :hammer2: :D
Seriously though, for the guy who wants 1 off rigging (and I can name 4 right now) there is a shortage of supply capable of keeping up with demand.
Becareful what you say right now Brian, I think Haters rarin to go on his keyboard! LMAO ;)

wsuwrhr
08-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Seriously though, for the guy who wants 1 off rigging (and I can name 4 right now) there is a shortage of supply capable of keeping up with demand.
Becareful what you say right now Brian, I think Haters rarin to go on his keyboard! LMAO ;)
Ha ha in the dryer pal.
I think the subject is covered,
I can't wait to see his boat rigged.
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Do you have any idea how many people lurk on here? With the K-boat boom in full swing you should be throwin chips for all kinds of parts. :2purples:
Like I said, anyone who needs one, speak up.
Go to SB Products site, send me an email, and I will gauge demand.
Brian

Schiada76
08-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Do the holes on these match the old style?
I have eight I'll trade for the blind hole style.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Like I said, anyone who needs one, speak up.
Go to SB Products site, send me an email, and I will gauge demand.
Brian
I need a set but don't want to wait 8 months...How much and how fast? I'm sure there are others that would like to know the answer to that as well!

uclahater
08-19-2005, 11:37 AM
I need a set but don't want to wait 8 months...How much and how fast? I'm sure there are others that would like to know the answer to that as well!
What ever the answer double it, and than double it agin :idea: :idea:

wsuwrhr
08-19-2005, 02:47 PM
haha,
I knew this was comming.
Ain't gonna be 8 months.
Are we doing brass and chrome?
How much reall depends on how many everyone wants. The price will be comparable to any other turnbuckle pad on the market now, providing I run more than two.
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-19-2005, 02:50 PM
What ever the answer double it, and than double it agin :idea: :idea:
The rigging on your boat is sweet Jim.
Alot of work went into making it like it is. It took alot longer that I expected for reasons I explained.
Sorry.
Brian

steelcomp
08-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Are we talking plate pads in general are getting hard to get, or just this specific style?? If pads are getting hard to get in general, then I may be interested in a set with a tapered bottom. :idea:

dossangers
08-19-2005, 03:55 PM
No were just talking about those ones that were original biesemeyer equipment.

uclahater
08-19-2005, 04:44 PM
The rigging on your boat is sweet Jim.
Alot of work went into making it like it is. It took alot longer that I expected for reasons I explained.
Sorry.
Brian
Whatever Dude :argue:

superdave013
08-19-2005, 06:09 PM
I think people would be nuts to make them out of brass these days. That would have to drive the cost way up and then they need to be plated to boot.
A guy could dup those in 6061-T6 or even 304 stainless for less and have a better part. Just my .02
Now that I think of it might as well do them in 316 s.s. Polish them up and people would always ask "Hey, why is your chrome not peeling like mine?" :cool:

steve d
08-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I think people would be nuts to make them out of brass these days. That would have to drive the cost way up and then they need to be plated to boot.
A guy could dup those in 6061-T6 or even 304 stainless for less and have a better part. Just my .02
Now that I think of it might as well do them in 316 s.s. Polish them up and people would always ask "Hey, why is your chrome not peeling like mine?" :cool:
I agree.......... Steve

superdave013
08-19-2005, 06:17 PM
I bet when he does a run of those nitrous brackets he lays out enough cash to buy a dryer and matching washer, twice.
Anyway, making parts that have a home / ship dates is different then making inventory to just sit on. We all want to quote that stuff man. But the inventory items need to be picked very carefull. At least that's the way it is for me.

msmeads1
08-19-2005, 08:25 PM
If stainless is less expensive to work with then bronze then go for it.
I spoke with Brain Begeron last week beacuse there price list shows they sell them. He said they used to sell them but are looking for a supplier to make them. The price list shows $23.80 each chromed. The alm they have and sell for about $18.00 each.
There you have it.
I am in for 10 stainless steel. I can provide my original to work off of?
Darren at DEMCO are you lurking out there? (Mr. Schiada Parts Builder)

GofastRacer
08-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Do the holes on these match the old style?
I have eight I'll trade for the blind hole style.
You would have to drill new holes and countersink your plates, the holes are in the center, or you can drill holes in the bosses to match your plates!.

GofastRacer
08-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Isn't bronze cheaper than brass??, 304 stainless would be the way to go though!..

GofastRacer
08-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Back to work for me
Brian
Brian, wtf are you thinking? the only one that costs is the first one, after that it's all profit, you're lucky I don't have the machines you have or I'd have a hundred done already and I'd be selling them. All I can do is make my own since I'm just a handle cranker, don't even have a power feed or a DRO!.. You have a second chance here dude don't pass it up, just make em!..

wsuwrhr
08-19-2005, 09:17 PM
If stainless is less expensive to work with then bronze then go for it.
I spoke with Brain Begeron last week beacuse there price list shows they sell them. He said they used to sell them but are looking for a supplier to make them. The price list shows $23.80 each chromed. The alm they have and sell for about $18.00 each.
There you have it.
I am in for 10 stainless steel. I can provide my original to work off of?
Darren at DEMCO are you lurking out there? (Mr. Schiada Parts Builder)
The easiest way would be to send me one of your original. I will reproduce them for you in stainless.
I will inquire about material tomorrow and will let you know a price. If anyone else wants a set please speak up now, as I said the price only gets better for everyone.
Brian
I will PM you my address.

WILDERTHANU
08-19-2005, 09:28 PM
When I do one off stuff like that it's more for the fun and not the cash. Could you imagine what that stuff would cost @ 70 ~ 80.00 bucks an hour? Most people would think the cost of the set up time would be to high let alone the cost to run the few parts that are needed.
Good point dave. When I do projects for my friends or myself which is quite often, its always on my dime. Because of course I enjoy helping them out and doing the fun easy stuff. Now lets put it this way, we dont do any walk in jobs, we're not a job shop, but lets just say I was quoting those 10 pcs. for a walk in customer. We're talking no paper work or processing, just job time and material. For those guys out of lets just say 6061, he would be looking at around a CHEAP price of 50.00 @ 10 pcs. That price would change depending on the quantity and material of course. Thats 500.00 for plate pads.
Thats no bullshit, so these guys should understand the deal they get when a guy like wsuwrhr is doing this stuff dirt cheap. I have to turn people away all day long for stuff like this. To run a lot of those plate pads(say 100) and shelf them in the hopes they sell wouldnt be a smart idea unless you have alot of FREE TIME on you hands. Now if they were for a good friend I'd use scrap from around the shop and do 'em for a case fo beer... :D

MandDPerformance
08-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Now if they were for a good friend I'd use scrap from around the shop and do 'em for a case fo beer... :D
Whatt Upp Homie!!!! :) :)

WILDERTHANU
08-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Whatt Upp Homie!!!! :) :)
Ahhh shit Tony, your like family. A 40 would do... :D

Tahiti350
08-20-2005, 07:26 AM
I have a set of 10 of the round single blind hole mounts, plus the turnbuckles and the trim plate. Mounts and turnbuckles are stainless, the links are chromed steel (need to be re-chromed), and the plate is aluminum. It came on a glass over wood flatbottom that I parted out. If anyone is interested I can get some pic's posted.