PDA

View Full Version : changing strut bushing need help

Scape Goat
08-18-2005, 10:06 AM
will be in moreno valley right off moreno beach drive if someone can com and help me,never done this before.

FlatRat
08-18-2005, 10:24 AM
will be in moreno valley right off moreno beach drive if someone can com and help me,never done this before.
I've do it by useing a hacksaw blade wrapped with tape.Just cut it down the center then pop it out with a cut-off broom handle.Be carefull not to cut into the strut.I'm no pro but it works for me.
FR :skull:

dmontzsta
08-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I just sent you a PM.
Basically, cut it out with a hacksaw blade, or if you have a steady hand, you can use a sawzall.
Make sure you get a threaded rod with washers and nuts. Slide the new bushing in place and tighten down the nuts, this works like a champ...courtesy of Rex.

Scape Goat
08-18-2005, 10:35 AM
thamks guys,
do you have to cut the new one in half when instslling it,read that somewhere

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-18-2005, 10:37 AM
I just sent you a PM.
Basically, cut it out with a hacksaw blade, or if you have a steady hand, you can use a sawzall.
Make sure you get a threaded rod with washers and nuts. Slide the new bushing in place and tighten down the nuts, this works like a champ...courtesy of Rex.
A SAWZALL??? :eek: Good lord!!! :messedup:

dmontzsta
08-18-2005, 10:51 AM
A SAWZALL??? :eek: Good lord!!! :messedup:
yeah. :) ALOT faster than the damn hacksaw, but like I said STEADY hand. ;)

GofastRacer
08-18-2005, 08:24 PM
thamks guys,
Yes you cut it in half but before you do, draw a line down the center and when you installl them make sure the lines match up!..

meaniam
08-19-2005, 07:25 AM
draw the line from one end to the other end of the tube. that way you can line the lines up in the shaft. sorry art but when i was doing mine i kept reading your draw a line in the center. i couldnt figure out what the hell you were talking about tell i asked you. i was staring at the bushing saying what does that do any good. then when you told me the bushing are not a perfect circle i figured it out.
i had a real easy time hammering my old bushing out, useong like a 11/16 deep dish socket. and a big extension. i originally had a rubber type bushing with a brass sleave

ColeTR2
08-19-2005, 08:19 AM
thamks guys,
You cut it so you have two tubes. One for each end of the strut. Don't cut it down the inside center like you do to get it out.

bocco
08-19-2005, 09:22 AM
You might also want to clean out the inside of the strut tube with steel wool or a small round wire brush. My strutt was a little difficult to get in even with the threaded rod trick.