PDA

View Full Version : My 2 month old Ultra is falling apart

ClarkC
08-19-2005, 03:02 PM
:cry:

JB in so cal
08-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I know that posting on here has, in the past, resulted in "things getting handled", but do you really think this is the way to go about getting satisfaction?

lucky
08-19-2005, 03:08 PM
man take it to the long beach poss'e fixed in five days --ehhh :D

riverbound
08-19-2005, 03:09 PM
POPCORN get your POPCORN....this is going to be an interesting thread :devil:

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 03:12 PM
I know that posting on here has, in the past, resulted in "things getting handled", but do you really think this is the way to go about getting satisfaction?
Exactly what I'm thinking. Air bubbles do happen but those numbers are huge and stress cracks everywhere. Something sounds fishy. Can't wait to find out the truth. I know these guys take care of their customers so if in fact a bad boat actually got out the door I would think they'd be taking care of this guy.

cxr133
08-19-2005, 03:16 PM
ILL give you 30,000 right now AS IS.....
then your headache can go away

shippingguy
08-19-2005, 03:18 PM
My 2005 Ultra 23' deck boat is falling apart after 2 months. I am looking for anyone to help me out because it is going to take them two months (the rest of summer) to make all the necessary repairs. I have stress cracks at four different locations. Two large spots where gel coat fell off (one is 24"x 8" and the other is 18"x 8".) The tower is a Phat Budde and it kept breaking bolts, so when Ultra removed the tower they told me that every weld was broke all the way through.I payed $79,000 for a huge headache. E-mail me for photos Chrisclark71@msn.com. DON'T BUY AN ULTRA!!!
I can understand your frustration and would be dissappointed and upset as well, but coming on here and posting in this manner and telling people "NOT TO BUY AN ULTRA!!" is not going to better your cause. I have said this numerous times on the boards I am on my third Ultra and will be building a fourth this winter. Whenever I have had any warranty issues John and the crew has bent over backwards to fix the problem and compensate me as well as many other customers I have spoke with. That is why Ultra builds 150-200+ boats a year and has probably the most loyal customer base in the industry that come back to by another one or two or three. Talk to JW and I am POSITIVE this issue will get resolved!! Remember these things are built by humans and mistakes and mishaps do happen from time to time and I am sorry it happened to you, but THIS WILL BE RESOLVED!!!

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Why is it ok to start a thread about a Magic boat falling apart, but not Ultra?
John has always stepped up to the plate and I would think will do the same here....but if anyone truely buys a 73K headache, I for one want to hear about it regardless of how active the owner/manufacture is on the boards. Ultra has a good rep; trying to quell or keep bad press off here prior to any response I think adds more fuel to a fire. If this story is bogus or questionable then it will come to fruition.

phebus
08-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't agree with anyone coming on here and bashing a manufacturer, but find it funny that if it was a Commander, or HTM, how many people would be hopping on the bandwagon. The fact that it is an Ultra, which is arguably one of the better thought of manufacturers sure changes peoples perception.

Reaper1
08-19-2005, 03:36 PM
No Shit! Good Point. :argue:

THOR
08-19-2005, 03:37 PM
John has always stepped up to the plate and I would think will do the same here....but if anyone truely buys a 73K headache, I for one want to hear about it regardless of how active the owner/manufacture is on the boards. Ultra has a good rep; trying to quell or keep bad press off here prior to any response I think adds more fuel to a fire. If this story is bogus or questionable then it will come to fruition.
I am sure there are explanations and/or sides to this story. But, as a one post wonder, it is hard to take this 100% seriously.
What if he was bashing DCB? I am sure he would be lynched in about 3.2 seconds flat.

shippingguy
08-19-2005, 03:38 PM
I do not think anybody is telling him not to share his issues, but to come out and say "DO NOT BUY AN ULTRA." he stated right in his post it will take them 2 months to fix. Obviously they did not blow him off. Also why waste the time telling people on the boards to e-mail him for pix??Nobody on these boards are going to fix the hull for him only Ultra can, so why not send those pix to Ultra instead of to the NON-EXPERT board members and get the process started???

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 03:41 PM
I am sure there are explanations and/or sides to this story. But, as a one post wonder, it is hard to take this 100% seriously.
What if he was bashing DCB? I am sure he would be lynched in about 3.2 seconds flat.
I am sure he would be....as he should be by the Happy Ultra owners....heck; DCB is the most loved and hated boat on this board...I would still be interested in hearing about it; or more specifically both sides once someone spouts something off.....I am giving it less than 45% accuracy at this point....:)

Magic34
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
It's not necessarily that, but the fact that it is out of the ordinary for Ultra. Just doesn't seem right for Ultra. I have never seen a post about an unhappy Ultra owner. Not saying it isn't possible, some people can find something wrong with anything, or maybe the workmanship on a boat is lacking. I am also not saying that this is the case here and this guy is just looking to complain because that is the type of person he is. Must be more to the story.
To the person who started this thread, you should have all of your facts straight and tell a detailed, truthful story if you do so on the boards here. Something like this, if lacking any truth, could get you sued.

ready4funru
08-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Quite frankly I believe anybody has a righ to express his or her opinion, good bad or indifferent. Assuming there is some validity to this thread we all benefit. Should the statements being made be half truths, I would hope people would be smart enough objectivly decipher the truth from the hearsay.
Is it so inconceivable that Ultra may have made a lemon and created such an isloated incident?

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Also, right or wrong, it appears that quite often when someone comes on here and bashes a manufacture; they get help fast....so on the point about this not being the way to get satisfaction....I have witnessed the opposite....people get upset and go public and they get help quickly.

Racer277
08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
I bet he hasn't had time to explain in detail, because he's on the phone with Ultra since posting.
Of course, I'm just guessing....

Magic34
08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
The tower is a Phat Budde and it kept breaking bolts, so when Ultra removed the tower they told me that every weld was broke all the way through.I payed $79,000 for a huge headache. E-mail me for photos Chrisclark71@msn.com. DON'T BUY AN ULTRA!!!
What the heck were you pulling with your tower, a submarine? That's a lot of welds to break, and I know a little about the tower biz. For all of the welds to break, some serious pressure or really bad welds had to have happened in production, which Ultra does not do (manufactures towers).

Magic34
08-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Quite frankly I believe anybody has a righ to express his or her opinion, good bad or indifferent. Assuming there is some validity to this thread we all benefit. Should the statements being made be half truths, I would hope people would be smart enough objectivly decipher the truth from the hearsay.
Is it so inconceivable that Ultra may have made a lemon and created such an isloated incident?
Express away, but expressing your emotions and not the truthful facts could cost you a lot of money in court. There are always 2 sides to every story with the truth somewhere in the middle.
I have never owned an Ultra no ever met the owners, but I do not like to see people bash manufacturers on here unless 100% justified. We don't know if it is 100%, but based on his first post that isn't a justified bashing.

JB in so cal
08-19-2005, 03:53 PM
I was/am more interested in the fact that his very first (and still, only) post is a flame job.

CornWater
08-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Mike, I think I speak for everyone here when I say this, but.....
I am getting a little sick and tired of your sound reason.. :D :D

shippingguy
08-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Also, right or wrong, it appears that quite often when someone comes on here and bashes a manufacture; they get help fast....so on the point about this not being the way to get satisfaction....I have witnessed the opposite....people get upset and go public and they get help quickly.
You are right, but read the post again! He stated that they told him it would take 2 months to fix, so he says. If that is true then he is getting help, but coming on here is not going to make the gelcoat repair dept. work any faster! They are not going to cut corners to fix the problem faster. What good would that be?? I would say whatever is wrong will not take 2 months to fix especially when Ultra can build a boat from ground up right now in 6-8 weeks if not sooner. I bet before you know it this guy deletes his post and will leave us all scratching our heads questioning his intentions and motives!!!!!!!

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 04:02 PM
You are right, but read the post again! He stated that they told him it would take 2 months to fix, so he says. If that is true then he is getting help, but coming on here is not going to make the gelcoat repair dept. work any faster! They are not going to cut corners to fix the problem faster. What good would that be?? I would say whatever is wrong will not take 2 months to fix especially when Ultra can build a boat from ground up right now in 6-8 weeks if not sooner. I bet before you know it this guy deletes his post and will leave us all scratching our heads questioning his intentions and motives!!!!!!!
I am not sure if you are defending or hurting Ultra here....but if I had a boat for two months and it fell apart, I would not want wait two months to get it fixed, and after spending 73K I would not consider that effort helping me in my book.
If the thread does go away, I will figure it was because John stepped up and cleared this guys head and the world would go on knowing Ultra stood behind their product and another customer was satisfied at least that is how I read into these threads.

Racer277
08-19-2005, 04:08 PM
I am not sure if you are defending or hurting Ultra here....but if I had a boat for two months and it fell apart, I would not want wait two months to get it fixed, and after spending 73K I would not consider that effort helping me in my book.
If the thread does go away, I will figure it was because John stepped up and cleared this guys head and the world would go on knowing Ultra stood behind their product and another customer was satisfied at least that is how I read into these threads.
Yeah, that's how I read them too...
The hypocrisy of this place is pretty impressive.
God forbid something poor is said about the chosen few mfg's...
But the way I see it, the posts go both ways, I've learned that many mfg's step up and some don't from reading these.

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Mb,
Once again I agree with you but lay off the big words ehh homie.I cant get out the dictionary fast enough to keep up. :D

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Mb,
Once again I agree with you but lay off the big words ehh homie.I cant get out the dictionary fast enough to keep up. :D
OK Mop Head. Get a Haircut. Is that simple enough!:):):)

ULTRA28
08-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Anybody want to see the boat come on down. Yeah, it had two areas in the center pod that cracked and split some peices of the outside mat off. First boat I can think of out of 2000. We are fixing it as soon as possible. We want to make sure it is fixed correct. We don't want it happening again. Mr. Clark called me to ask what I will do for him to remove this thread, I'm not sure what that was supposed to mean.
When I got the e-mail on a Sunday night from Mr. Clark with this problem I responded within one hour and followed up with a phone call a half hour later.
This boat looks like it is two years old, not two months. It is the most abused boat I've seen. The tower is cracked in many places, another first that I know of. This boat has excessive damage to the bottom where it has been beached on rocks multiple times that the customer wants fixed in the same short time period.
The tower looks as if it was used to tow a boat.
Same customer that dropped off his boat towing it with an 1 7/8" ball for a 2" coupler. I don't know what else this customer expects from us.

shippingguy
08-19-2005, 04:14 PM
I am not hurting them at all. I see eye to eye with you and am not going to get in a pissing match with you because neither one of us will benefit from it. I only repeated what ClarkC stated. He said they told him 2 months I doubt that. I would bet the house without a second thought in my mind that did not happen. Again, if a brand new boat can be built right now in 6 weeks then 2 months for repairs will not take this long, trust me on this one!! I would say John has already cleared the guys head like you said and YES Ultra and John West will stand behind his product just like he has over and over again. I say let's sit back and let the parties directly involved figure it out and see what the out come is.

ClarkC
08-19-2005, 04:15 PM
I have been in contact with both Corona and El Cajon offices since the original post, and John West personally assures me that the boat will be repaired as soon as possible. As to the tower I know Ultra does not manufacture them. In my opinion, the beam is much greater on the 23 deck than other boats and it couldn't handle the stress.

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't know what else this customer expects from us.
You can start with parting the red sea....great response John.
Sounds like the boat was ran hard...and the comment on removing the thread sounds chicken shit on his part...

andy01
08-19-2005, 04:19 PM
MBrown has nailed it on this one.
I would just like to add that no matter what boat company it is, if thier on the boards or not it should be posted. THIS IS A BOATING MESSAGE BOARD for those of you who haven't figured that out. It isn't a place to make friends or find people to hang out with. It is to gain knowledge about something we all like a lot, if you do make some friends along the way great. I for one want to hear about every bad boat that goes out of every shop. If everybody just went around saying boat company x is great and then you buy one and find there are twenty people out there with the same problem wouldn't you have liked to find out prior to buying from x company? I am sure there is a reason for all of the problems with this guys Ultra. But remember not everybody is always as happy as the next guy. I am sure John will fix this guy right up, some people miss use boats to. Who knows what the whole story is behind this but I think that guy has every right to say Don't buy a what ever the F%%K he want's.
Andy

sigepmock
08-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Great Response John....First class as usual.
I'm all for someone expressing their concerns and dissappointments but at least tell the whole story and explain yourself so you can win us over with facts not just generalized statements bashing the boat manufacturer, especially if it's your first post. Tell us about yourself, when you bought the boat, how you have been using it, how many times you've talked with the manufacturer etc....The Magic bashing thread started and ended very well, all the facts were laid out, conversations with both sides where reported correctly, and credit where credit was due was given.
If this guy really has a problem he's not doing a lot to lend creditbility to his story. I have seen and had personnal experience with Phat buddy towers, hell Tige in CA puts those towers on all their boats.....it just seams odd to me that the guy would have the bad luck of getting both a bad Tower and a bad boat. Maybe he forgot about the tower and tried to back the boat into the garage :eek: :2purples:
Chris

ULTRA28
08-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with the problems with his boat. I don't want this kind of thing happening. I'm not going to try to blame him for beating on it. It's still getting fixed under warranty as it should be. I'm just letting my side be heard.

andy01
08-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Since I am on a rant here............
I once built an Ultra..........
During the time that my boat was being built a customer from another boat company called John and asked him to finish his boat. Lets call this guy Customer Dick. So Dick gets a hold of John and John goes over this whole deal with this guy, see Dicks build went out of business durning his build but he was able to get his bare boat out of there. Well Dick brings his boat down to John ( I was there) John goes back over the whole deal and is going to make everything right for this guy. Agian Dicks boat is not an Ultra. John bent over backwards for this sorry ass bastard, and Dick went to Ultra and raised hell with Johns wife Leah. For those of you that don't Johns wife she is a hottie I mean a great person, easy to deal with and very prfessional like the rest of the team. This guy was so out of line, John did nothing but get screwed out of some money and never said a word to the guy about talking shit to Leah. Then Dick tried to come on here and post a bunch of shit about John and how Leah treated him, Dick was lucky Leah didn't lay the smack down on the focker. Anyway, things may not always be how they seem and no matter what you do for some people they will never be happy.
Okay I am burning my soap box now.........
Andy

sigepmock
08-19-2005, 04:32 PM
I have been in contact with both Corona and El Cajon offices since the original post, and John West personally assures me that the boat will be repaired as soon as possible. As to the tower I know Ultra does not manufacture them. In my opinion, the beam is much greater on the 23 deck than other boats and it couldn't handle the stress.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, sounds like they are doing all they can to fix it and take care of you. Hopefully the relationship with John and Ultra can be salvaged and you can have as much fun as the rest of the Ultra owners on this board bragging about the great customer service, but remember that relationship goes both ways.

ClarkC
08-19-2005, 04:35 PM
the facts: Nothing was ever towed by the tower except a single wakeboarder weighing no more than 220 lbs. and once a tube with my two young daughters going no faster than five miles per hour. On July 23 one of the 1/2" bolts that holds the tower on snapped with me driving 25-30mph, because a monsoon was coming. I picked up the new parts and replaced them on the 29th on the 30th the other side broke when I was doing 55-60mph on moderate Havasu water. No backing into a garage or towing another boat ever accurred.

Racer277
08-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm impressed again, but not surprised.
This is just an opportunity to demonstrate superior customer service.

NashvilleBound
08-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Who started these kinda threads anyways????
For real...John will step up if you dont FREAK! Shitt happens...you'll be taken care of..
[QUOTE] Mr. Clark called me to ask what I will do for him to remove this thread, I'm not sure what that was supposed to mean. [QUOTE] THIS IS NOT A GOOD START.

Magic34
08-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Anybody want to see the boat come on down. Yeah, it had two areas in the center pod that cracked and split some peices of the outside mat off. First boat I can think of out of 2000. We are fixing it as soon as possible. We want to make sure it is fixed correct. We don't want it happening again. Mr. Clark called me to ask what I will do for him to remove this thread, I'm not sure what that was supposed to mean.
When I got the e-mail on a Sunday night from Mr. Clark with this problem I responded within one hour and followed up with a phone call a half hour later.
This boat looks like it is two years old, not two months. It is the most abused boat I've seen. The tower is cracked in many places, another first that I know of. This boat has excessive damage to the bottom where it has been beached on rocks multiple times that the customer wants fixed in the same short time period.
Same customer that dropped off his boat towing it with an 1 7/8" ball for a 2" coupler. I don't know what else this customer expects from us.
If you ever build a boat in the size range I would like for my next boat, you would be my first stop and probably my last. Magic has been great to me, but I can see how you treat your product as well and I am overly impressed.
Any plans for a 36'? :D

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 04:51 PM
1.John has a great reputation here and elsewheres for taking care of his customers.
2.John has the boat at his shop,so anyone that is disbelieving can stop by to see.
3.This guy seems to think he has John backed into a corner and the internet will get him what he wants.
4.Nice first post,always tell people not to buy this product but then in the same breath ask for the most out of the products manufacture.
Must be nice to have these types of customers.

Magic34
08-19-2005, 04:55 PM
the facts: Nothing was ever towed by the tower except a single wakeboarder weighing no more than 220 lbs. and once a tube with my two young daughters going no faster than five miles per hour. On July 23 one of the 1/2" bolts that holds the tower on snapped with me driving 25-30mph, because a monsoon was coming. I picked up the new parts and replaced them on the 29th on the 30th the other side broke when I was doing 55-60mph on moderate Havasu water. No backing into a garage or towing another boat ever accurred.
I have a financial interest in a company that builds wakeboard towers, larger than the tower company you chose. What has happened to your tower is very odd that all the welds broke. Either they had a brand new welder (1st job ever, 1st day on the job) or something else happened.
You're complaining about how much you paid for your boat in regards to what has happened to it, but it sounds like there are some other issues with average upkeep, or lack of.
Ultra has better business patience than I do, I would have not responded and you would be paying me in court in a little slander suit.

ClarkC
08-19-2005, 04:59 PM
There is no slander I have only stated facts

sigepmock
08-19-2005, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=Magic34]Ultra has better business patience than I doQUOTE]
Well that's a no brainer :eek: :D :D J/K
Sorry couldn't resist.
In all seriousness, Mr Clark there are a lot of experienced boaters that have responded to this thread and all are suprised by amount of damage to you boat and tower. It might be a time to take a look at how your are treating the boat and see if there might be some things learned. We all had to start somewhere and I learn something new everyday on this board and I try each time I go out to be a better boater.
Chris

Magic34
08-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Tons of facts in that first post, you're right. :hammer2:
Detailed too, I guess I am the idiot. My bad.

ClarkC
08-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Magic34, My boat was used in Havasu, it has about 40 hours on it, never misused the tower. I drive the boat about 75 mph when traveling to the dam or sandbar. Why would the 1/2" studs snap? Over or under tightened? just a question. With one of the three bracing points broke would it cause the welds to break?

THOR
08-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Facts are provable. I am in the litigation biz. What you stated is conjecture at best until proven otherwise by a trained professional.

Magic34
08-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Magic34, My boat was used in Havasu, it has about 40 hours on it, never misused the tower. I drive the boat about 75 mph when traveling to the dam or sandbar. Why would the 1/2" studs snap? Over or under tightened? just a question. With one of the three bracing points broke would it cause the welds to break?
Did you tow(skier) with the 1 bracing point broke? If you noticed that it was broke and didn't pull anyone/thing, I can't see all of the welds breaking. Our towers are fairly stout when not braced at all, but the conditions in the elements of the real world, anything is possible, I'll give you that. There are multiple reasons for a stud to snap. Could be the quality or material of the stud.
Even though I say our towers are strong, they do flex when not mounted. We have flexed some a lot in the moving process for shows, 10x more flexing than they would ever see on a boat and the welds did not break.
There are a lot of factors, but to say not to buy an Ultra without a full explaination is wrong. Your explaination was not full enough in my opinion.

ClarkC
08-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Maybe I was wrong for saying don't buy an Ultra, but with the problems I have had and the loss of my boat for my vacation is a huge disappointment to me. I don't make alot money and probably over spent my budget on this boat. Now not to have it for six to eight weeks with vacation the first week of September, just sucks. I still have to make monthly payments and stoarage payments in Havasu for nothing right now.
I previously had a Shockwave it was only a 52 mph boat , but the people who bought it sure got a great boat.

welk2party
08-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Maybe I was wrong for saying don't buy an Ultra, but with the problems I have had and the loss of my boat for my vacation is a huge disappointment to me. I don't make alot money and probably over spent my budget on this boat. Now not to have it for six to eight weeks with vacation the first week of September, just sucks. I still have to make monthly payments and stoarage payments in Havasu for nothing right now.
I previously had a Shockwave it was only a 52 mph boat , but the people who bought it sure got a great boat.
Life can sometimes be unfair. Many boaters on here have had their vacations interupted or canceled due to problems. What more can a manufacturer do than to stand behind his product and make it right. You are acting as if Ultra intended to ruin your vacation. I am sure it does not make you feel any better that you got the 1 in 2000 problem. Welcome to the boating world....

riverroyal
08-19-2005, 05:47 PM
its aluminum right?..just cause the weld looks pretty doesnt mean anything,melting temp when welding alum can be tricky,most likely done with a MIG machine running to cold,it will lay a nice pass but wont penetrate the tubing enough,,,,sound like just a bad boom,they should replace it.If the bolts you are talking about breaking are the boom support bolts,they either broke after the welds broke,which would transfer the stress to the bolt,OR just the opposite,not the correct grade bolt broke then the stress went some where else on the boom,thus causing the weld failure...Ive never heard of ULTRA having customer service issues,,,,,,,,,,but Ive NEVER heard any MAGIC customer service issues until I found this place.(by the way my Magic is perfect) :D

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 05:48 PM
All very good points except for Mr. Flamer ummm I mean Mr. Clark. I have had a couple warranty fixes on my boat but never flamed John or his company on here. Why????? Well because one of the reasons I bought an Ultra. It is a quality built boat but it is made by hand. So when I had small issues then I contact John and it is taken care of. I have been out on Havasu and seen John and he stops to see our new son, ask if we got his Ultra onsie he sent free of charge (he was wearing it) and asks how the boat is doing. When you buy an Ultra you become part of a family if you will. Don't be a jerk and you will be taken care of. Sometimes crap happens but it will be fixed. Hell even John has said on here that his boats are not as good as they will be in 5 years. That is not because they suck now. It's just because he's always looking to make it better for his customers(family). Heck I just read the other day they are starting to do infusion with some of the boats. I only know of one other manufacturer that you can't even buy yet that's doing infusion. I just hope he doesn't sue John for some patent infringement on the infusion or something.(That last part was a joke)

shadow
08-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Anybody Mr. Clark called me to ask what I will do for him to remove this thread, I'm not sure what that was supposed to mean.
This boat looks like it is two years old, not two months. It is the most abused boat I've seen. This boat has excessive damage to the bottom where it has been beached on rocks multiple times that the customer wants fixed in the same short time period.
CLARK C -- LET ME GUESS,STANDS FOR CLARK C GRISWALD!
Come on focker,What will you do for me to remove this thread?What kind of influence do you think you have coming on here with 1 post and bashing a major boat manufacturer and a reputable one at that?
OK, WERE GONNA TAKE GRISWALDS WORD!!!!!!! :idea: RIGHT!
HEY GRISWALD if you PARKED the boat on ROCKS then tied your tower to a TREE and went to bed to wake up in the am to find the river water went down. :(
Then you tell your son HEY RUSTY watch this!As you gas it off the rocks partially covered by water.
I can picture it now.RUSTY saying "BUT DAD (thats you clark)THE BOATS STILL TIED TO THE TREE"
Just a guess but i would guess that you fockin abuse your shit,then RUSTY and the other kids make fun of you cause your boat is only 2 months old.
Then you come on here and try to bash Ultra cause of your incompetence.
Look around you right now where you sit.YEP JUST AS I SUSPECTED! A FUGGING PIG STYE!
Think if ULTRA fixes your boat this time anything will change?NOPE!
Next year at this time you'll be parked on the rocks with your tower tied to a tree,saying "WATCH THIS RUSTY".
I got carried away there OL GRIS,I've had 2 ultras.Used them both every weekend,pound the shit out em with stereo and ice chests and bodies and these boats are as solid today as they were the day i bought them.
Go park it next to the crispy cat that was parked in front of aftershock.

ClarkC
08-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Magic34, Maybe you could market your towers to Ultra for there decks. This was the first tower put on the 23' deck according to John W., and other than water conditions the was zero misuse. After the first stud broke I even unloaded the tower of boards and the other side still broke without a load. Both sides of the board brackets bent, but I did not look for broken welds. The Brackets bent with only the weight of the boards and water conditions, nothing was ever caught on them.

JB in so cal
08-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Come on focker,What will you do for me to remove this thread?What kind of influence do you think you have coming on here with 1 post and bashing a major boat manufacturer and a reputable one at that?
HEY GRISWALD if you PARKED the boat on ROCKS then tied your tower to a TREE and went to bed to wake up in the am to find the river water went down. :(
Then you tell your son HEY RUSTY watch this!As you gas it off the rocks partially covered by water.
I can picture it now.RUSTY saying "BUT DAD (thats you clark)THE BOATS STILL TIED TO THE TREE"
Just a guess but i would guess that you fockin abuse your shit,then RUSTY and the other kids make fun of you cause your boat is only 2 months old.
Look around you right now where you sit.YEP JUST AS I SUSPECTED! A FUGGING PIG STYE!
Next year at this time you'll be parked on the rocks with your tower tied to a tree,saying "WATCH THIS RUSTY".
I got carried away there OL GRIS,I've had 2 ultras.Used them both every weekend,pound the shit out em with stereo and ice chests and bodies and these boats are as solid today as they were the day i bought them.
"The dog peed on the sandwiches"

riverroyal
08-19-2005, 06:00 PM
i wasnt saying the welds were bad or the bolts were bad,just talking out loud,,,never know someday I may own a different boat,,,,kiss ass huh :smile:

JB in so cal
08-19-2005, 06:03 PM
i wasnt saying the welds were bad or the bolts were bad,just talking out loud,,,never know someday I may own a different boat,,,,kiss ass huh :smile:
RR,
I'm just glad a certain aquaintance of mine with a Cobra didn't come on here after HER little maiden voyage(s), huh???
hint - you'll be in her spot at BML next year

ClarkC
08-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Shadow, The scratches are just surface scratches from beaching in the channel. You sure got a big imagination.
And by the way the corona Ultra office sugessed I call John to see what he could do for me to remove the thread. I asked for a demo boat until repairs were complete, but the only things he had in trade were like $3000 boats not suitable for Havasu.

shadow
08-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Magic34, Maybe you could market your towers to Ultra for there decks. This was the first tower put on the 23' deck according to John W., and other than water conditions the was zero misuse. After the first stud broke I even unloaded the tower of boards and the other side still broke without a load. Both sides of the board brackets bent, but I did not look for broken welds. The Brackets bent with only the weight of the boards and water conditions, nothing was ever caught on them.
Maybe you go over to a wake board site and bash the tower.While you're at it stay there,unless you come back with naked pics of your wife.

ClarkC
08-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Shadow, do you have any friends?

JB in so cal
08-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Shadow, The scratches are just surface scratches from beaching in the channel. You sure got a big imagination.
And by the way the corona Ultra office sugessed I call John to see what he could do for me to remove the thread. I asked for a demo boat until repairs were complete, but the only things he had in trade were like $3000 boats not suitable for Havasu.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :confused:

shadow
08-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Shadow, do you have any friends?
Yeah and none of them park in the rocks. :hammerhea

TCHB
08-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Ultra should jump on this problem now. How can it take two months to fix a boat. Come on they could have a new hull in two weeks!!!!! Can you imagine if they told you your new BWM car was going to take two months to fix!

shadow
08-19-2005, 06:15 PM
YEAH! LIKE THEY'RE GONNA LOAN YOU A BOAT :rolleyes: after seeing the last one you had for only 2 months.

THOR
08-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Ultra should jump on this problem now. How can it take two months to fix a boat. Come on they could have a new hull in two weeks!!!!! Can you imagine if they told you your new BWM car was going to take two months to fix!
DO you know the story TC? Or is this conjecture too?

Essex29
08-19-2005, 06:18 PM
I bet ya a two month wait has something to do with what the guy said or did when he brought the boat in.. :idea:

riverroyal
08-19-2005, 06:19 PM
her story tops all of these in my opinion,,,,,,wait the wheel passing Nashville is classic,

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 06:20 PM
2 months and you have 40 hrs on the boat? Now thats getting your moneys worth.

shadow
08-19-2005, 06:22 PM
He left it running when he parked on the rocks, :rollside:

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Shadow,
Do you have any friends? :D

Brian
08-19-2005, 06:46 PM
He left it running when he parked on the rocks, :rollside:
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

THOR
08-19-2005, 06:54 PM
What is the best bang for the buck J? I cant wait.

Jordy
08-19-2005, 06:57 PM
I think I saw this guy with his old boat out here at a lake once. It's not rocks, but I figure the concrete boat ramp should have the same effect. :hammerhea
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC00514.JPG

Jordy
08-19-2005, 06:59 PM
I heard that Clark Griswold had some problems with his last boat and that's what prompted him stepping up to an Ultra. :hammerhea :eek: :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC00153.JPG

shadow
08-19-2005, 07:02 PM
I heard that Clark Griswold had some problems with his last boat and that's what prompted him stepping up to an Ultra. :hammerhea :eek: :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC00153.JPG
Keep it up Jordy and you're not gonna have any friends either.
Knock it off, my wife just pissed her pants laughing. :D And i'm about ready to piss mine.One more good laugh out of you.

Jordy
08-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Keep it up Jordy and you're not gonna have any friends either.
I thought that happened a while back. Then again, nobody asked me if I had any friends, so I guess my secret is safe. :D :D :D

Goodtime$
08-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Shouldnt you be calling Phat Tower? since the tower is destroyed..the boat will be perfect, have some faith in the company you invested with...but the tower is another issue, and any tower can break if a 220pound person is dragging behind the boat...dont think you are the first to break a tower...best of luck

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 07:09 PM
What is the best bang for the buck J? I cant wait.
I give..You tell me.

shadow
08-19-2005, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=ClarkC]Shadow, The scratches are just surface scratches from beaching in the channel. You sure got a big imagination.
QUOTE]
Clark i see you deleted your original post.But if you look 7 posts into the first page you were [qouted]saying you have sections of fiberglass falling off with demensions.
Which is it is fiberglass falling off or is it surface scratces from beaching in the channel?

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Well looks like another poster drops in,puts foot in mouth and drops out.I guess these people dont do any research before they jump in here and start shooting?

CornWater
08-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Shadow, do you have any friends???? :rollside:

Phat Matt
08-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Clark C, welcome to Cats and Tunnels. lol :cool:

riverroyal
08-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Id buy a ULTRA boat now,I know nothing about them,but the passion you guys have defending them is great,they must be good!,,,,,cant wait to see this in the morning,,,zzzzzzzzzzz

Jordy
08-19-2005, 08:32 PM
You know, I'm still curious, does Shadow have any friends? :D :D :D

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Shadow...Do you have any friends?

shadow
08-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Shadow...Do you have any friends?
Just Clark!

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Like I said in the beginning the truth would come to fruition if you allow it......sometimes these threads work in the manufacture's favor....
They show the patience they take in dealing with idiots.

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Brown...get a hair cut.

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Brown...get a hair cut.
Tomorrow at 3pm....I got to get rid of this mop....been hanging with you too much! :)

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Id buy a ULTRA boat now,I know nothing about them,but the passion you guys have defending them is great,they must be good!,,,,,cant wait to see this in the morning,,,zzzzzzzzzzz
They are good. Buy One.

Jordy
08-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Brown...get a hair cut.
Yeah, and some friends. :hammer2: :eek: :D

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Yeah, and some friends. :hammer2: :eek: :D
With a cool aid boat and a tuna tower boat those are really hard to come by :) :idea:

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Tomorrow at 3pm....I got to get rid of this mop....been hanging with you too much! :)
You puss...let it grow.Im leaving for the river first thing in the morning.You going?

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:31 PM
With a cool aid boat and a tuna tower boat those are really hard to come by :) :idea:
Okay somebody let me in on the joke! What's with Kool-aid and DCB's?

Jordy
08-19-2005, 09:31 PM
I kind of figured you got a list of required friends once you became a Kool Aid cult member. :idea: :D ;)

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't know, but let me in on it when you get the answer :)
I think it goes back to Jim Jones killing his cult with cool-aid laced with cianide....next: all DCB owners are cult members and Dave is feeding us Kool-Aid...
Someone correct me if I am wrong...

mbrown2
08-19-2005, 09:36 PM
I kind of figured you got a list of required friends once you became a Kool Aid cult member. :idea: :D ;)
Sounds like you went through orientation...:)

Jordy
08-19-2005, 09:37 PM
The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :supp:

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:42 PM
The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. The first rule of the Kool Aid is you don't talk about the Kool Aid. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :supp:
Who said anything about Kool-aid

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Who said anything about Kool-aid
Somebody get a rope!

roln 20s
08-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Wow--this is a surprising post to read. I know JW well--he is very respected around the boating community and by his loyal customers. His actions here are first rate. Clark--sorry to hear about your issues, but John stands behind his stuff 100%. I know numerous cases (such as the one mentioned earlier 'Dicks' boat) where John has stepped up and taken care of issues that:
1) Cost him money
2) Are not his problem--but he treats it as though it is
3) Make him go entirely out of his way, just because...
He has stated that they will fix your issue and they will. He has a great loyal following and builds a very nice boat. I personally wish you would have taken a different approach in your choice of words--the 'boating' community is very small and seems like Cheers (where everyone knows your name-heheh :D ) so just be careful and don't burn any bridges.
BTW- Welcome to the ***boat boards.
MBrown & Jordy--the koolaid conversations have me roln :rollside: :rollside:
Shadow--I'll be your friend. Do I need to fill out an application or something :supp: Just let my secretary 'Jordy' know :D
Happy Boating to all.
Patrick

purrfecttremor
08-20-2005, 03:31 AM
i don't know about all this shit but i bought a new ultra in 1995,ran the shit out of it for 6 years with no real problems.sold it to a friend two years ago adng its still a great boat!

NashvilleBound
08-20-2005, 03:45 AM
her story tops all of these in my opinion,,,,,,wait the wheel passing Nashville is classic,
As NOT funny as that was at the time, I laugh about it now. "Never heard of Magic problems til you got on here??" Pah-lease.... At least it seems to be all worked out. dont be dragging me into this mud hole.....slim. :D
Like perfecttremor state about Ultras....Mine was 4+ years old....kids, coolers, skis...looked almost new...ROCK SOLID still. Could not have asked for a better build...amongst other things;)

Havasu_Dreamin
08-20-2005, 06:58 AM
I don't agree with anyone coming on here and bashing a manufacturer, but find it funny that if it was a Commander, or HTM, how many people would be hopping on the bandwagon. The fact that it is an Ultra, which is arguably one of the better thought of manufacturers sure changes peoples perception.
Exactly!

ULTRA28
08-20-2005, 06:59 AM
Since I am on a rant here............
I once built an Ultra..........
During the time that my boat was being built a customer from another boat company called John and asked him to finish his boat. Lets call this guy Customer Dick. So Dick gets a hold of John and John goes over this whole deal with this guy, see Dicks build went out of business durning his build but he was able to get his bare boat out of there. Well Dick brings his boat down to John ( I was there) John goes back over the whole deal and is going to make everything right for this guy. Agian Dicks boat is not an Ultra. John bent over backwards for this sorry ass bastard, and Dick went to Ultra and raised hell with Johns wife Leah. For those of you that don't Johns wife she is a hottie I mean a great person, easy to deal with and very prfessional like the rest of the team. This guy was so out of line, John did nothing but get screwed out of some money and never said a word to the guy about talking shit to Leah. Then Dick tried to come on here and post a bunch of shit about John and how Leah treated him, Dick was lucky Leah didn't lay the smack down on the focker. Anyway, things may not always be how they seem and no matter what you do for some people they will never be happy.
Okay I am burning my soap box now.........
Andy
That's funny, I had forgot all about that guy. I wonder if he ever did get his boat finished. That was a classic example of trying to help someone out that REALLY didn't appreciate it. He thought he was talking to a receptionist at first and starts going off on my wife. What's the deal with people acting all tough to the girl that answers the phone, but then acting totally different when I talk to them? Does it make them feel all big and important to yell at a girl or something? This isn"t directed at Clark, he hasn't been rude to anybody at our shops.

ULTRA28
08-20-2005, 07:07 AM
I think the fact that he was already being taken care of makes a differance. It wasn't like he needed to come in here to make something happen that wasn't being taken care of. I don't have a problem with people talking shit about my company, as long as it's justified. It was his final statement of "don't buy an Ultra" that went too far in my opinion.

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Does it make them feel all big and important to yell at a girl or something? This isn"t directed at Clark, he hasn't been rude to anybody at our shops.
No just to your company on the world wide web!!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-20-2005, 07:11 AM
What's the deal with people acting all tough to the girl that answers the phone, but then acting totally different when I talk to them? Does it make them feel all big and important to yell at a girl or something? This isn"t directed at Clark, he hasn't been rude to anybody at our shops.
For some reason they think going off ont eh receptionist makes them tough and will se the the tone for the conversation with the real movers and shakers. Sadly for this other guy, whose boat you offered to finish, he was messing with Leah and was not aware of it.
As an aside, John knows that I am not in the market for a new boat yet he still takes the time to talk to me whenever I see him at the boat shows or out in Havasu. He builds great boats and is just a way cool cat.

ULTRA28
08-20-2005, 07:16 AM
No just to your company on the world wide web!!
I was referring to phone conversations though.
One time this guy called up (drunk) saying what a POS his Ultra was, that it wouldn't start, just screaming at the receptionist. Then he starts in on me, not as bad with the yelling, but did cuss a lot. The first thing I asked was if his lanyard was puled off the kill switch. All I heard was "shit" as he hung up the phone. Never even called back to say sorry.

BarryMac
08-20-2005, 07:21 AM
I was referring to phone conversations though.
One time this guy called up (drunk) saying what a POS his Ultra was, that it wouldn't start, just screaming at the receptionist. Then he starts in on me, not as bad with the yelling, but did cuss a lot. The first thing I asked was if his lanyard was puled off the kill switch. All I heard was "shit" as he hung up the phone. Never even called back to say sorry.
That's pretty freaking funny, just goes to show that boating and drinking don't mix, especially when there is a kill switch involved... :cool: :cool:

THOR
08-20-2005, 07:31 AM
J,
you still waiting? :D

Jrocket
08-20-2005, 07:45 AM
J,
you still waiting? :D
I guess so,not sure what for though?

Jordy
08-20-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm still waiting to find out if Shadow has any friends. :D :D :D

Tyson Ross
08-20-2005, 08:18 AM
I think Cowboys RV all drank koolaid! After almost sinking last weekend I call them to get warranty work done and they tell me they are all going on a weeks vacations. How convenient!! This will likely be the second Labor Day weekend without the toon. :mad: :mad:

mbrown2
08-20-2005, 08:23 AM
I think Cowboys RV all drank koolaid! After almost sinking last weekend I call them to get warranty work done and they tell me they are all going on a weeks vacations. How convenient!! This will likely be the second Labor Day weekend without the toon. :mad: :mad:
Start your own thread about your lop sided pontoon....I just thought you installed the wake board ballast :):):)

THOR
08-20-2005, 08:28 AM
I'd say friends but Jordy already beat me to it. :hammer2:

CornWater
08-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Shadow??? You out there?? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 08:55 AM
draggin you in,,,,,,,not on purpose,I just can imagine the look on your face..

Magic34
08-20-2005, 09:17 AM
draggin you in,,,,,,,not on purpose,I just can imagine the look on your face..
"Wow, I am so excited about this new boat. Everything is doin' good. I have a unique motor that rips and we are hitting the water I tell ya when I get back to Nashville... Oh doggie, this is going to be great there. Just think about the look of all those Chaparral deck boat owners, I am going to be the best string on the guitar.
I've been driving for 3 hours now, only 17 left before I take on the world with my new viper boat..... Hey a-hole, this is a no passing zone, damn guy fell off his unicycle at 70 MPH and there it goes, right past me, almost made me spill my double shot of coffee. Funny???? That unicycle looked kind of like my trailer tire and wheel.
Grrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnndddddddddddd, that's not good, sounds like my trailer, and the ride has gotten a little bumpy."
It's been enough time NB, we can have fun with it now. In all serious, does everyone give you that WTF look back there when you go by because of the unique sound of the Viper?

JB in so cal
08-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
If only there was someone from Cowboys that posted on here????? :smile_
Darn the luck!

Magic34
08-20-2005, 09:42 AM
That would be considered work... You can really tell you are new to ***boat. None of us work and we talk about boats and other stupid things all day long.

Magic34
08-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I met Shadow once at a gas station in Havasu. He seemd like a cool guy, overall nice.
Are we friends? If so, that would make 2 for me.

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 09:46 AM
his unicycle,,,,thats funny

andy01
08-20-2005, 09:49 AM
I met Shadow once at a gas station in Havasu. He seemd like a cool guy, overall nice.
I don't know about cool. I have meet Shadow at Ultra, bars, sand bars. I have seen this guy all over the place. FOCKER knows him to. I would have to say I have never seen him with any friends. I have seen people in his boat I think they were people he just meet.........
Magic34 how do you like your C4500 or is it a 5500?
Andy

Focker
08-20-2005, 10:03 AM
DUDE DO YOU REMEMBER THE DAMAGE YOU DID TO YOUR BOAT WHEN YA RAN OVER MY LITTLE UMBRELLA I SET UP TO HOLD A SPOT FOR CUDMORE AND INSMAN? :) :)

Focker
08-20-2005, 10:05 AM
:shift: Shadow, do you have any friends?
SHADOWS A KEWL DUDE. ALTHOUGH HE T :shift: HREATENED TO KICK MY ASS IF I DIDNT MOVE MY LITTLE UMBRELLA HE MELLOWED OUT AND TOSSED ME A WARM BEER :shift: :shift:

shadow
08-20-2005, 10:06 AM
I don't know about cool. I have meet Shadow at Ultra, bars, sand bars. I have seen this guy all over the place. FOCKER knows him to. I would have to say I have never seen him with any friends. I have seen people in his boat I think they were people he just meet.........
Andy
Dam don't any of you fockers work???
Speaking of Focker i think he's my friend,now i can count on Magig34.
Oh yeah those people Andy has seen in my boat.Well come to think of it they are only friendly when they want to go boating or need some $$$ at the bar.
I hoping to win over Clark some day,Andy is my friend he just doesn't know it.
Jordy never comes around,only seen him once in Havasu and he bought me some drinks so i guess i can count him in.I've also been known to hang out with Cornholer,oops i mean Cornwater.I guess i just lost that one.

Magic34
08-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Andy
Come to think of it, he was only with his wife. :rollside:
I have a 4500. At first I didn't really like it, but lived with it because it was big and unique. The first time I towed with it, I wasn't happy with the power, that was with about 300 miles on it.
Now, the ride has softened up and the power is better, a little. THe truck is geared so low that it will lose spped up hills and the passing power at 55+ MPH isn't that good. No performance upgardes have been added yet, but I have a lot of things scheduled for the truck in the next 60 days or so. Bigger wheels, paint, programmer and exhaust, adding more to the audio equip, etc.
I like the truck more every time I take it out. My 2500HD with the Edge did pull harder, but the boat does not push me around anymore. The engine brake is also great when traveling hills, stopping is much safer in the mountains.
Overall, at first, I wasn't impressed, but I am really starting to like it now. I think my expectations were wrong and unclear of the truck on my first trip towing and that is why I was unhappy.

JB in so cal
08-20-2005, 10:17 AM
I have a 4500. At first I didn't really like it, but lived with it because it was big and unique. The first time I towed with it, I wasn't happy with the power, that was with about 300 miles on it.
Now, the ride has softened up and the power is better, a little. THe truck is geared so low that it will lose spped up hills and the passing power at 55+ MPH isn't that good. No performance upgardes have been added yet, but I have a lot of things scheduled for the truck in the next 60 days or so. Bigger wheels, paint, programmer and exhaust, adding more to the audio equip, etc.
I like the truck more every time I take it out. My 2500HD with the Edge did pull harder, but the boat does not push me around anymore. The engine brake is also great when traveling hills, stopping is much safer in the mountains.
Overall, at first, I wasn't impressed, but I am really starting to like it now. I think my expectations were wrong and unclear of the truck on my first trip towing and that is why I was unhappy.
What's a matter. Didn't have a bigger one? :jawdrop:

Jordy
08-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, but does that count? I mean she is legally obligated to put up with him. Is that still considered friendship or more of some kind of servitude? :D :D :D

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 10:45 AM
DUDE DO YOU REMEMBER THE DAMAGE YOU DID TO YOUR BOAT WHEN YA RAN OVER MY LITTLE UMBRELLA I SET UP TO HOLD A SPOT FOR CUDMORE AND INSMAN? :) :)
thats funny...and what the hell are you doing here and not in Havasu?

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 10:47 AM
oh, on the other part... I think I'm Shadow's friend :D

shadow
08-20-2005, 10:53 AM
oh, on the other part... I think I'm Shadow's friend :D
Thanks Dan,I knew i could count on you.
Cha ching add one more to the list.
Oh yeah,Cola Mike just came by my work and brought me a 12 pack of Pacifico & 12 pack of Red Stripe.Thought that was a pretty friendly gesture. :)

CornWater
08-20-2005, 10:55 AM
.I've also been known to hang out with Cornholer,oops i mean Cornwater.I guess i just lost that one.
Dammit... I'm gonna miss your wife's cooking.. :rollside:

mbrown2
08-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Not sure; I just jump into brawls at the Turtle to back up random Ultra owners .. :) :idea: :D

shadow
08-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Dammit... I'm gonna miss your wife's cooking.. :rollside:
You don't have to be my friend,you can still come over and she'll cook for you. :wink:
I'll even drink a few beers with you while you're waiting for the cooking. :)

shadow
08-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Not sure; I just jump into brawls at the Turtle to back up random Ultra owners .. :) :idea: :D
Dammmmmmm that sounds like a crazzzzzzzy place you hang out at. :)
Can't belive Ultra owners would even go to a rough neck place like that.

Jordy
08-20-2005, 11:10 AM
I didn't realize they had a Turtle in Parker. :D :D :D
Can Kool Aid members hang out with Ultra owners anyway or is that against the bylaws??? :D

mbrown2
08-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Can Kool Aid members hang out with Ultra owners anyway or is that against the bylaws??? :D
Yes; there is the ancient grandfathered El Cajon clause. :)
El Cajon Clause: Owners of any Custom Boat made in currently or once made in the El Cajon Local should be considered and treated as family and their position supported where possible.

Focker
08-20-2005, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=shadow]Dam don't any of you fockers work???
Oh yeah those people Andy has seen in my boat.Well come to think of it they are only friendly when they want to go boating or need some $$$ at the bar.
Jordy never comes around,only seen him once in Havasu and he bought me some drinks so i guess i can count him in.I've also been known to hang out with Cornholer,oops i mean Cornwater.I guess i just lost that one.[/QUOTE
Darryl,
I definitley consider you a friend, You and everyone I have met at the lake have been awesome.

Focker
08-20-2005, 11:24 AM
thats funny...and what the hell are you doing here and not in Havasu?
have to take Nikki to the DMV on Sat to get license. She got a job and starts on Monday

shadow
08-20-2005, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=shadow]Dam don't any of you fockers work???
Jordy never comes around,only seen him once in Havasu and he bought me some drinks so i guess i can count him in.I've also been known to hang out with Cornholer,oops i mean Cornwater.I guess i just lost that one.[/QUOTE
Darryl,
I definitley consider you a friend, You and everyone I have met at the lake have been awesome.
Well thanks Focker!You gave me a warm tingling feeling there.I have as well met a lot of really cool people through the net and river and lake.When you coming out next?I should give you a hug. :cool:
Back to work for me.

Focker
08-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Well thanks Focker!You gave me a warm tingling feeling there.I have as well met a lot of really cool people through the net and river and lake.When you coming out next?I should give you a hug. :cool:
Back to work for me.
be up there next thursday morning. Ill buy ya a beer

shadow
08-20-2005, 11:37 AM
be up there next thursday morning. Ill buy ya a beer
Cool,we'll see you then.I'll be on the water Fri & Sat.

Focker
08-20-2005, 11:41 AM
DITTO

JB in so cal
08-20-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm gonna cry. :( That's beautiful, man!

Focker
08-20-2005, 12:06 PM
:rollside: I'm gonna cry. :( That's beautiful, man!

CornWater
08-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Get a room... :hammerhea

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 12:30 PM
FRIDAY? DON'T YOU WORK??

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 12:31 PM
headed up tonight...see ya on the water tomorrow? :D

sdpm
08-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Looks to me that you said something on here that you wish you could take back!! Doesn't look like that is possible. Whats done is done. Don't dig yourself a bigger hole then what you got already. Don't say anything more on here except for maybe to apollogize to everyone and especially to ULTRA BOATS. Even though I don't know all the circumstances, I highly reccommend that you do what you can to remedy your issues and get on Ultra's good side. If you ever need them in the future (which most likely you will) it will work much better for you. Nobody (customer or builder) likes problems with their stuff, but it happens. Sounds like you spent more on a boat than you could afford, and I am sure this added to your frustration. You will never get anywhere or any support on here or anywhere else saying what you are saying and doing what you are doing!! Good luck and I hope everything gets worked out. ;)

RP1
08-20-2005, 03:13 PM
I personally would like to thank Clark C. Because of your asinine way of handling this situation, you have helped me make the decision on my next boat... Ultra it is!
History:
I am looking at going to a deck boat at the beginning of the year and asked John about his new 25' a couple of weeks ago. He was very helpful with all my questions and really had me leaning toward him and his company after gathering this info. Mind you, this will be my fourth boat over the past ten years from a couple different manufactures, so I'm not new to manufacturer/boat issues.
With that being said, the way John continues to step up and take customer service to the level it should be, speaks volumes. That along with all the satisfied customers on this post and the quality he puts out has gained my confidence hands down.
Thats all :D

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 03:20 PM
ive never even looked at one,but,I would now,his complaining kinda back fired i think

RP1
08-20-2005, 03:26 PM
ive never even looked at one,but,I would now,his complaining kinda back fired i think
Yep, I'd say so...

JB in so cal
08-20-2005, 03:29 PM
I didn't realize they had a Turtle in Parker. :D :D :D
OK No Shit. Sitting in Steamboat last weekend - sunday morning -and a freaking turtle surfaced about 20 feet from the boat. About 15 inches across the back. Wild.
I thought I was hung over or something, but other boats saw it too.
OK. Back on topic!

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 03:35 PM
vodka frescas????...theres snapper in steamboat,most are married,but a turtle?

shadow
08-20-2005, 03:52 PM
OK No Shit. Sitting in Steamboat last weekend - sunday morning -and a freaking turtle surfaced about 20 feet from the boat. About 15 inches across the back. Wild.
OK. Back on topic!
Was it a Naked Turtle? :D

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 03:59 PM
when you dropped a turtle?it may have still been floatinghttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2371john_and_lisa.JPG

mbrown2
08-20-2005, 04:11 PM
OK. Back on topic!
Last year I saw a big turtle at Havasu as well; right outside the Marina....serious.

ClarkC
08-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Ultra28], It sounds as if my 23 deck has had more problems than most your boats. It really does sound as if you do care about customer satisfaction. One thing is for sure, you have huge customer backing.
I have already missed three weeks at Havasu. If you could get my boat repaired in a timely matter , then the tower company can work out what they need to after the season is over, I would probably be a satisfied customer also. Or if you could put the heat on them, so I don't lose the season. Maybe I'd have to buy you a beer or so and apoligize face to face. And the beers will be cold.
P.S. I left the wife and kids playing at the sand bar over a little race bet a few times. And keep coming back hearing ,"Sh!t that little boat is fast, now here's your beer." 496HO

Magic34
08-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Shadow, It sounds as if my 23 deck has had more problems than most your boats. It really does sound as if you do care about customer satisfaction. One thing is for sure, you have huge customer backing.
I have already missed three weeks at Havasu. If you could get my boat repaired in a timely matter , then the tower company can work out what they need to after the season is over, I would probably be a satisfied customer also. Or if you could put the heat on them, so I don't lose the season. Maybe I'd have to buy you a beer or so and apoligize face to face. And the beers will be cold.
P.S. I left the wife and kids playing at the sand bar over a little race bet a few times. And keep coming back hearing ,"Sh!t that little boat is fast, now here's your beer." 496HO
Shadow, you give out warm beer, you suck!!!
I don't drink beer though, so we're straight.
Clark,
What if your motor failed or drive? I could bet that you would blame Ultra, however not their fault. Mercruiser would string you out for months before you would get an answer to get a new motor.
I think you need to take another evaluation of the whole custom boat thing.

Magic34
08-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Shadow, It sounds as if my 23 deck has had more problems than most your boats. It really does sound as if you do care about customer satisfaction. One thing is for sure, you have huge customer backing.
Think about all the $$ you are saving by not taking it out. With the high fuel prices of today, consider it a favor since you are pissed about the $70+k. I spent more than 3 times that and when I have an issue that requires to be fixed, I don't complain like you did.

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 04:24 PM
ever complain,i frickenn happy to even have a boat.Hot wife, healty kids,SDI checks every week,forget that last part :D

shadow
08-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Clark i'm doing my best here to decipher this last post.Shadow doesn't work for Ultra,Just a long time very satisfied multiple boat customer.I have no say so as to when or how fast things get done there.After being so rough on you last night,I'm gonna give you some advice or atleast what i would do in your position.I'd suck it up for the way i came on here and Bashed Ultra and make a public apology,I think we can all relate with your frustration,We're all boat owners and the original purchase is just the begining of the related expenses that goes along with boating.If it's the cost of props,ropes,skis,wakeboards,scratch repair,fuel,maint and the list goes on.
I had to have my drive rebuilt in the middle of last season($4,500.00).Shit happens.I'd just suck it up explain that you were frustrated and were venting and it wasn't the right approach.That would probablly go along way with Ultra as well as alot of board members here.There are a lot of good people here and it would be worth it for you to suck it up,turn over a new leaf re-establish your relationship with Ultra and make some friends here.Alot of people have come on here and went sideways then the shit passes it's up to the sideways person to get straight.No apology nessacary to me you done me no harm,But i will take you up on that cold beer some time.Good luck Clark,be patient the boat will be fixed and this will all be forgotten once you are back on the water.Carry plenty of beer on hand so when you run into ***boat peeps.I hear they all like cold beer.
Shadow

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Shadow doesn't work for Ultra. John West is Ultra28. He's the one you should be trying to work with in a civil manner. And I don't think he drinks either so you have to buy him a nice big ol' glass of cold apple juice!!!
On another note you keep saying things to dig your hole deeper. I personally would never leave my wife and child alone at the Sandbar with all the crazies for whatever the reason.

ClarkC
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Sorry for the mix up Shadow and ultra28. And I have alot of friends to hang out with the family there, they just don't like going 80mph.

Focker
08-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Clark i'm doing my best here to decipher this last post.Shadow doesn't work for Ultra,Just a long time very satisfied multiple boat customer.I have no say so as to when or how fast things get done there.After being so rough on you last night,I'm gonna give you some advice or atleast what i would do in your position.I'd suck it up for the way i came on here and Bashed Ultra and make a public apology,I think we can all relate with your frustration,We're all boat owners and the original purchase is just the begining of the related expenses that goes along with boating.If it's the cost of props,ropes,skis,wakeboards,scratch repair,fuel,maint and the list goes on.
I had to have my drive rebuilt in the middle of last season($4,500.00).Shit happens.I'd just suck it up explain that you were frustrated and were venting and it wasn't the right approach.That would probablly go along way with Ultra as well as alot of board members here.There are a lot of good people here and it would be worth it for you to suck it up,turn over a new leaf re-establish your relationship with Ultra and make some friends here.Alot of people have come on here and went sideways then the shit passes it's up to the sideways person to get straight.No apology nessacary to me you done me no harm,But i will take you up on that cold beer some time.Good luck Clark,be patient the boat will be fixed and this will all be forgotten once you are back on the water.Carry plenty of beer on hand so when you run into ***boat peeps.I hear they all like cold beer.
Shadow
hey umbrella killer ya got a nice side

shadow
08-20-2005, 05:34 PM
hey umbrella killer ya got a nice side
SSShhhhhh!Quiet,don't tell anyone! :wink:
I'll have to put that umbrella up your ass.If 'n you tell. :eek: :)

CornWater
08-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Why aren't you on the water????

shadow
08-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Why aren't you on the water????
I've got to work 1 sat a month and tomorrow is my sat.If i go stay @ the trailer in Crazy Horse tonight, i'll never make it to work in the am.We are at home tonight.But will be on the water tomorrow by 3pm and the festivites in the channel are scheduled for a night time party. When are you coming out again?

CornWater
08-20-2005, 06:15 PM
I've got to work 1 sat a month and tomorrow is my sat.If i go stay @ the trailer in Crazy Horse tonight, i'll never make it to work in the am.We are at home tonight.But will be on the water tomorrow by 3pm and the festivites in the channel are scheduled for a night time party. When are you coming out again?
Maybe not til the weekend after Labor Day :frown: ,unless I get talked into going Labor Day by the other half... :rollside:

Focker
08-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Ok Darryl
Bloody Marys
my treat
Naked Turtle
Friday Morning

RiverDave
08-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey Shadow, I'll be your friend so long as you don't drop my b-day cake on the floor again this year.. ;) :D
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/04/rdbd/images/RD%27s%20Birthday%20%20Luau%202004%20033.jpg
RD

Magic34
08-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey Shadow, I'll be your friend so long as you don't drop my b-day cake on the floor again this year.. ;) :D
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/04/rdbd/images/RD%27s%20Birthday%20%20Luau%202004%20033.jpg
RD
RD,
That avatar is someone elses??????? Where's Frank the Tank?

jbtrailerjim
08-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Mr. Clark called me to ask what I will do for him to remove this thread, I'm not sure what that was supposed to mean.
That's pretty chicken shit. :rolleyes:
I think everybody has a right to voice there displeasure with a boat mfg on here, but in this case Ultra was willing to fix the problem with the boat. To come on here and bash them and tell people not buy an Ultra or any mfg for that matter, is going a little far.
ClarkC, welcome to the world of custom boats. Shit happens. No builder is perfect. When there is a warranty issue though what really matter's is the builder willing to stand behind there product? In this case, Ultra is taking care of the problem.
Jim<----Very satisfied Ultra owner. :cool:

Blacksheep
08-21-2005, 01:03 PM
It's been enough time NB, we can have fun with it now. In all serious, does everyone give you that WTF look back there when you go by because of the unique sound of the Viper?[/QUOTE]
I know exactly what you mean. I have the 550 in a new 05 Ultra, yes I said Ultra, 27' Shadow. EVERYONE, always asked what engine is in there. There is no mistaking that different V-10 sound. And WOT sounds pretty awesome at that!!!

andy01
08-21-2005, 01:32 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I have the 550 in a new 05 Ultra, yes I said Ultra, 27' Shadow. EVERYONE, always asked what engine is in there. There is no mistaking that different V-10 sound. And WOT sounds pretty awesome at that!!!
Do you have any pictures to post of your new ride? Remember don't be like Clark and beach it at 60 and you'll be alright.
Andy

RiverDave
08-23-2005, 10:58 AM
There was NEVER a reason for this thread in the first place as JW was already fixing the boat! The only reason that I could fathom for a post such as this "AFTER THE FACT' would be to try and pressure Ultra to drop everyone else's projects and jump on ol' clarky's boat. With tactics such as this clown is pulling I would have told him his boat would be ready for next season and if he doesn't like it "GO PARK ON A ROCK"!
JW or anyone at Ultra. let's see some pics of this 2 month old boat!
Rio
Now I'm not expert here, but I disagree.. I don't think he was trying to get them to drop everyone elses and jump on his. I think it was more or less trying to "extort" a loaner boat out of Ultra..
Myself being in John Wests shoes seeing an abused boat roll into the shop... Probably not going to be giving out any of my inventory to that guy. This is totally disregarding the fact that I don't think they give loaner boats anyways.. LOL
RD

Kilrtoy
08-23-2005, 03:01 PM
"Wow, I am so excited about this new boat. Everything is doin' good. I have a unique motor that rips and we are hitting the water I tell ya when I get back to Nashville... Oh doggie, this is going to be great there. Just think about the look of all those Chaparral deck boat owners, I am going to be the best string on the guitar.
I've been driving for 3 hours now, only 17 left before I take on the world with my new viper boat..... Hey a-hole, this is a no passing zone, damn guy fell off his unicycle at 70 MPH and there it goes, right past me, almost made me spill my double shot of coffee. Funny???? That unicycle looked kind of like my trailer tire and wheel.
Grrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnndddddddddddd, that's not good, sounds like my trailer, and the ride has gotten a little bumpy."
It's been enough time NB, we can have fun with it now. In all serious, does everyone give you that WTF look back there when you go by because of the unique sound of the Viper?
how did everyone miss this...
This is some funny shiat.....

riverroyal
08-23-2005, 03:07 PM
the unicycle part was good

sigepmock
08-23-2005, 05:10 PM
how did everyone miss this...
This is some funny shiat.....
I wasn't sure if Nashvillebound was to the laugh about it point yet.
But I agree funny $hit right there.

Familycat
08-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Very interesting thread. A couple of points.
1. We are a friend of Shadows. He took good care of us at the Naci Blast. Does Clark have any friends?
2. We own a Eliminator Daytona and have been very happy but are considering going up a size. Always considered Ultra as a mid-line boat, but after all this talk would buy an Ultra today. BTW, Shadow's cat is a sweet ride.
3. Clark is a dik! I have been is sales all of my life trying to keep customers pleased. Fu...ng a guy in the media while he is trying to help you is just BS. John is a better man than I. I would have told him to he screw himself. He should have purchased one of those jetboats they run in Austrailia in gravel pits with roll bars.
Just ony guys opinion. Good luck Clark. I think you are going to need it.
Rick

voodoomedman
08-24-2005, 07:00 AM
Clark is a dik! I have been is sales all of my life trying to keep customers pleased. Fu...ng a guy in the media while he is trying to help you is just BS. John is a better man than I. I would have told him to he screw himself. He should have purchased one of those jetboats they run in Austrailia in gravel pits with roll bars.
Just ony guys opinion. Good luck Clark. I think you are going to need it.
Rick
This guy pulls this crap and then you read about the build they are doing for the Marine. I think it's called something like Foot in Mouth disease or something like that.

dicudmore
08-24-2005, 09:12 AM
This guy pulls this crap and then you read about the build they are doing for the Marine. I think it's called something like Foot in Mouth disease or something like that.
close, I think that is open mouth...insert c0ck :D

THOR
08-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Always considered Ultra as a mid-line boat, but after all this talk would buy an Ultra today.
Yeh, but if you polish the engine compartment and add more zip ties Ultra would be the industry leader. :(

voodoomedman
08-24-2005, 10:23 AM
close, I think that is open mouth...insert c0ck :D
That right there is just funny!

Jrocket
08-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Yeh, but if you polish the engine compartment and add more zip ties Ultra would be the industry leader. :(
I doubt it.

voodoomedman
08-24-2005, 10:27 AM
That's funny too. I've got plenty of zip ties on my boat! I think there are some great things happening in the industry but to each their own. I personally would love a ride on a 150mph zip tie boat but for every weekend at the river with my family my reasonably priced realiable stock power sweet a$$ Ultra setup perfectly for my family in which I get compliments every time I'm at the river is what I want to be in.

THOR
08-24-2005, 10:33 AM
I doubt it.
What? Why do you say that? These are the 100 mph zip ties I am referring to.