PDA

View Full Version : Another Chometic question.

steelcomp
08-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Would I be hurting anything to cartridge roll the ID of the bore of the gasket back just a few thou? The gasket is so close to the bore dimension, that it seems to hang in the cyl just a tad. Anyone ever deal with this? I'd be worried about leaving a burr on the edge, keeping the layers apart. Kinda hard to de-burr.

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
08-19-2005, 05:18 PM
what does the combustion chamber look like compared to the gasket?

GofastRacer
08-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Would I be hurting anything to cartridge roll the ID of the bore of the gasket back just a few thou? The gasket is so close to the bore dimension, that it seems to hang in the cyl just a tad. Anyone ever deal with this? I'd be worried about leaving a burr on the edge, keeping the layers apart. Kinda hard to de-burr.
How thick is the material on the gasket edge? don't want to break thru the ring, I don't think!.. :confused:

MikeF
08-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Art, There is no "ring" on these gaskets. They lay down in a laminated fashion.

steelcomp
08-19-2005, 09:06 PM
How thick is the material on the gasket edge? don't want to break thru the ring, I don't think!.. :confused:
Cometics are layered shims...no ring. I can't for the life of me see that it would hurt anything, but they're new to me, and I was just wondering if anyone else had the same issues.
what does the combustion chamber look like compared to the gasket?Not sure, but don't think it's a problem. Chambers were scribed to bores, and the valve relief pockets in the heads are fairly large, but so are the ones in the head gaskets. Headds are not grooved.
Maybe I'm being a little too anal here?? :rolleyes: