PDA

View Full Version : Roostwear is going the way of the Tahiti

roostwear
08-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Kinda fitting since it was my Tahiti that was ultimately the inspiration for Roostwear. I guess everything comes full circle, and Roostwear will be going away in about a month. I'd like to thank everyone (especially those that supported by buying) for making the last 3 years a complete gas. It's exciting to see a resurgence in classic boats, and I hope I somehow had a part in it.
The site will be up for awhile, but the shopping cart (online purchasing) will be gone around Sept 16th.
I'm not getting out of boating... I'll still be on the river, I just have the itch to build rods again, and hit the show trail.
Thanks again to everyone I had the pleasure to meet and those that made Roostwear whatever it is!

wsuwrhr
08-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Kinda fitting since it was my Tahiti that was ultimately the inspiration for Roostwear. I guess everything comes full circle, and Roostwear will be going away in about a month. I'd like to thank everyone (especially those that supported by buying) for making the last 3 years a complete gas. It's exciting to see a resurgence in classic boats, and I hope I somehow had a part in it.
The site will be up for awhile, but the shopping cart (online purchasing) will be gone around Sept 16th.
I'm not getting out of boating... I'll still be on the river, I just have the itch to build rods again, and hit the show trail.
Thanks again to everyone I had the pleasure to meet and those that made Roostwear whatever it is!
Oh whatever,
damn sellout.
Just giving you shit bud.
I hope you are doing it for the right reasons.
Brian

LakesOnly
08-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Mike,
Just re-file as RoostROD, or somethin' like that...
LO

MikeF
08-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Mike, It would not have been the same w/o the retro stickers! Added a "coolness" to us low freeboard boaters!:D :cool:

FOURQ
08-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Mike im still waiting to hear from you.............. shoot me a call
Q

hboldno7
08-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi Roost, I never got to know you too well but wanted to say thanks again for the reverse bucket for my berk
Marcel

roostwear
08-20-2005, 05:13 AM
Mike im still waiting to hear from you.............. shoot me a call
Q
Q, I'll give you a call this weekend with the details.
Marcel, pleasure meeting you... hope the bucket did the job for you.

AZKC
08-20-2005, 05:48 AM
Guess I better get an order in :shift:

Heatseeker
08-20-2005, 06:13 AM
I'd better get another order in too!
Mike, building rods and touring them sounds like fun. That bucket of yours looks like a good start! I wish you all the luck in your new venture.
What will happen to the registry? Maybe one of the other sites(banderlog, LBBA,?) can host it? I thought that the registry was an excellent idea, it'd be a shame to lose it.

1978 Rogers
08-20-2005, 06:49 AM
How is you stock on Rogers shirts, I might have to picup a couple before your gone. My tie now has some bad pit stains. :D
Sorry to here your leaving Roostwear. Take it easy.
1978 Rogers, aka Chris

roostwear
08-20-2005, 07:04 AM
I'll do my best to fill any orders, I just might be a tad slow doing it. I won't be leaving the boards, just won't be here as much.
As far as the regstries, I haven't made up my mind about them yet. Roostwear.com will be around for a while as well as freeboardchallenged.com, it's just that I won't be actively marketing products any longer. I'll still be doing the stickers, it's just that (without a shopping cart) it won't be as convenient for people to buy, and that's the kiss of death in online sales.
If anyone needs anything I can still be reached by email or PM.

roostwear
08-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Oh whatever,
damn sellout.
Just giving you shit bud.
I hope you are doing it for the right reasons.
Brian
The only reason I'm doing this is financial. It sure isn't because I didn't enjoy it. A board member told me 3 years ago that at best, I may break even, but likely would be negative each month. I doubted it, and wanted to try to bring classic boating out of the dark ages (promotionally speaking). Flash forward 3 years, and ultimately he was right. I sat down and figured what my out of pocket expenses have been, and (especially as I sat on the beach, looking at the bitchin boats at CBBB) realized I could have built one of the most badass boats with that money. Now as my roots are coming back to haunt me, the cash needs to go to other projects.

wsuwrhr
08-20-2005, 08:00 AM
The only reason I'm doing this is financial. It sure isn't because I didn't enjoy it. A board member told me 3 years ago that at best, I may break even, but likely would be negative each month. I doubted it, and wanted to try to bring classic boating out of the dark ages (promotionally speaking). Flash forward 3 years, and ultimately he was right. I sat down and figured what my out of pocket expenses have been, and (especially as I sat on the beach, looking at the bitchin boats at CBBB) realized I could have built one of the most badass boats with that money. Now as my roots are coming back to haunt me, the cash needs to go to other projects.
I still say you were a part of keeping it going. All of the guys here putting on meets are all a part in keeping it together.
Just like the K boat/flat bottom craze, Billy has had a hand in keeping it alive.
I understand your motivation. If it is best for you, then go for it.
Brian

roostwear
08-20-2005, 11:30 AM
I still say you were a part of keeping it going. All of the guys here putting on meets are all a part in keeping it together.
Just like the K boat/flat bottom craze, Billy has had a hand in keeping it alive.
I understand your motivation. If it is best for you, then go for it.
Brian
I did enjoy making the billet hitch covers, though! :D

Heatseeker
08-20-2005, 11:34 AM
I did enjoy making the billet hitch covers, though! :D
Damn, I wish I would have picked one of those hitch covers up!!!
I'm going to stock up on some stickers and maybe a shirt or two.

1978 Rogers
11-27-2005, 07:44 PM
got my shirt and stickers in the mail Saturday. The wife likes the shirt. Got and M left. What color printing is on the blue & black shirts?
Thanks again. Chris

Cas
11-27-2005, 09:56 PM
I didn't see this thread when it was first posted but I sure do know exactly what you mean. I've been struggling myself with just shutting it all down and slip slowly back into cars. Sorry to see Roostwear wind down but you have to know, you have made a difference in keeping the older jets alive!
I too hope I've done the same as you.