PDA

View Full Version : Our Trip To Corona Today = New 24 Stealth

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi All,
A big thanks to Bob Brown down at Ultra today for spending several hours with us and finally selling us a new Stealth and thanks to John West for spending time on the phone with me as well. The boat build will start next week. Sarah and I are VERY excited. We decided on the non walkthrough because of the sleek look. We opted to keep both mid cabin seats instead of losing one for a cooler as there seems to be room for a cooler in the engine compartment.
Here are a few other options that we added... but not all listed here.
Dana hinges
Dana battery boxes - dual batteries
Ultra's 3500 stereo package with Ipod connector and Stereo control panel in rear
Extra DC outlets
Full floor lighting
Drive shower
Built-in hand rails instead of top mounted
Livoris guauge and sterring wheel package
We did not get the HO or the offshore controls... mistake?
------------
So now I need more help please**
We went for the full body paint in yellow blend with sapphire blue flames (or some other design), just like this paint job below but blue instead of purple.
However, because of scratching the bottom when we beach the boat, I am thinking to have some white only on the very bottom of the boat at the "V". I saw some like that in Hot Boat magazine and it seems to be common to do that even on a full paint blended boat. What do you think? Also, I am wondering if we should do traditional flames as in this pic, or tribal, or a combination? I wonder if JW has anything completely different that he wants to try? I will talk to him tomorrow but would really appreciate all of your inut tonight.
http://www.ultraboats.com/img/gall24lg.JPG
Thanks, Mitch

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 08:10 PM
What about a design like this one with yellow instead of the green?
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/273.jpg

bunny 166
08-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Wow! How exciting for you and your family!! :) That is awesome...
I think more traditional flames would be nice, but that is just my opinion. I would get the HO as well, but check with insurance first to see if you're covered with that HP for that hull length. We have the offshore controls on our boat and they are bitchin', but not necessary, I guess. As far as the colors, right on! I love yellow and blue on boats, just not on football teams..... :wink: :wink:

phuggit
08-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Congrats!! Did you opt for the base 496 mag?

Essex29
08-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Congrats! I would definitely reconsider the offshore controls.

shadow
08-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Sounds great.
I would reconsider putting the cooler in the engine hatch 1) It gets hot in there 2) Open the hatch everytime you want a drink :(
Off shore controls are so much easier to use...I love them and I would suggest you get them
Congrats...you picked a class company and good product
DITTO!
Ice chest in the engine compartment will become a pain in the ass in no time.
Off shore controls are sure nice.
You may wish you had the HO later,but if it's not in the budget you are still getting a very nice boat.Congradulations!!

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Congrats!! Did you opt for the base 496 mag?
Yes - the base 496 mag as I was told that the HO will add nothing for acceleration on this boat because ot os light and only 2-3 MPG on the top end.
Mitch

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Congrats! I would definitely reconsider the offshore controls.
I am reconsidering that...

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 08:19 PM
DITTO!
Ice chest in the engine compartment will become a pain in the ass in no time.
Off shore controls are sure nice.
You may wish you had the HO later,but if it's not in the budget you are still getting a very nice boat.Congradulations!!
Maybe we will just use the ski locker with a cooler bag?

cxr133
08-19-2005, 08:20 PM
NB...first congrats on a great boat
wanna tell us guys who are thinking of upgrading in the next few years what the price topped out at??

Domn8er
08-19-2005, 08:20 PM
I'd say go with the HO. I didn't on mine and now I'm upgrading to a bigger boat with more power after only two years.

shadow
08-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Whats up there Mr Shadow :)
Just working,gym & boating.Prime riding weather just around the corner. :wink:
Lets get together and do some riding out here when it cools alittle.
Sorry for the side busting NetBilling.
Again congrats,I love the smell of a new boat.

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Much cooler on the ice chest and easier access. I have the mid-cuddy SW Tremor and if I had to do it again I would have byuilt some kind of storage area on one side instead of having two seats down below. The seats don't really get used that often anyhow. One seat down below is fine for when someone needs to get out of the sun for a while though.
I have 2 small children that will want to use both seats, I think. Will the cooler bag do the trick?
Mitch

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 08:27 PM
NB...first congrats on a great boat
wanna tell us guys who are thinking of upgrading in the next few years what the price topped out at??
I would rather not say but I know they give a great deal to Hot Boat posters.
Mitch

4day!!
08-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Like said before...do not put the cooler in the engine compartment, major pain in the ass. Definately get the off shore controls. I myself wouldn't be concerned about the HO. Not worth the money IMO. I would however consider getting the open bow instead..The cabin is nice but much more room with the open bow. Resale is easier too if i am not mistaken.Anyone? :confused:

upsman105
08-19-2005, 08:47 PM
How about just the price of the off shore controls??
Have them on my boat, they are very nice.

4day!!
08-19-2005, 08:51 PM
My bad, i see it is the mid cabin open bow. Never mind about the open bow comment earlier.

4day!!
08-19-2005, 08:53 PM
I believe he's getting the open bow mid cabin versus a walkthrough, like in your signature.
i saw that later :hammerhea

4day!!
08-19-2005, 08:59 PM
I thought it was strange, you telling him not to buy what you have. :D
geve me a brake, eye m onley on chapter tu uv huked on fonix :messedup:

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 09:15 PM
So what are your opinions on having a little white on the front bottom V in case we beach it to avoid scratches or will it take away from the solid color look?
Mitch

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:18 PM
The HO is a waste of money on that boat. Don't do it. I personally like using the standard controls better but think that the offshore ones look a hell of a lot better.
Do not rely on putting a cooler under the hatch. Besides it being hotter under there it's a pain in the a$$. Especially because you should always be running with your straps buckled. And at this point you don't know where your subs are going. My subs are under the hatch. So are my tools and fluids and orange life vests and stuff. Basically stuff I don't need to get to all the time.
Tell me more about this floor lighting and integrated hand rails though. Sounds interesting.
I already can't wait to see this boat.

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:20 PM
So what are your opinions on having a little white on the front bottom V in case we beach it to avoid scratches or will it take away from the solid color look?
Mitch
I would just ask John about that stuff. He won't steer you wrong. As long as you don't have any fades then repair work should be okay. Heres another thought. Don't beach it. I don't beach mine. Maybe in like topoc where the sand is super fine but that's it and only cuz I'm not going to anchor in the middle of the river.

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 09:24 PM
The HO is a waste of money on that boat. Don't do it. I personally like using the standard controls better but think that the offshore ones look a hell of a lot better.
Do not rely on putting a cooler under the hatch. Besides it being hotter under there it's a pain in the a$$. Especially because you should always be running with your straps buckled. And at this point you don't know where your subs are going. My subs are under the hatch. So are my tools and fluids and orange life vests and stuff. Basically stuff I don't need to get to all the time.
Tell me more about this floor lighting and integrated hand rails though. Sounds interesting.
I already can't wait to see this boat.
They have a lighting package that lights up the front, mid cabin, rear and engine compartment. It is not super bright on the showroom but I was told it is much brighter at night. The handrails are removed from the top front of the open bow and put insode the cup holder next to each front seat.
I can't wait for it to get done!
Mitch

Ultrafied
08-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Awsome! Looks very good. I can't wait to see you in it! :D

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:28 PM
They have a lighting package that lights up the front, mid cabin, rear and engine compartment. It is not super bright on the showroom but I was told it is much brighter at night. The handrails are removed from the top front of the open bow and put insode the cup holder next to each front seat.
I can't wait for it to get done!
Mitch
Okay I get it now. Cool. Sounds pretty trick if you run at night. Handrails will be cool to see if it gives it a cleaner look.

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Awsome! Looks very good. I can't wait to see you in it! :D
Yeah right Mike. Still haven't seen you. Guess I'm the one that bailed on the regatta though. I'm putting my foot down now for next year. Ain't nobody planning nothing on that weekend. And the boy will be older so that won't be as much of an issue too.

Ultrafied
08-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Okay I get it now. Cool. Sounds pretty trick if you run at night. Handrails will be cool to see if it gives it a cleaner look.
I think it looks cleaner with the rails inside, but my little woman liked having the rails on the outside.

HighRoller
08-19-2005, 09:38 PM
That yellow boat is the 21 Stealth, right? Are you getting the 24 or the 21? I'm in lust with the 21 so I recognized it right away.

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:40 PM
That pic is the 21 Stealth......Sure we have the right model here?
He's looking at the 24 Stealth. He just kinda liked the graphics on that 21.

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 09:44 PM
He's looking at the 24 Stealth. He just kinda liked the graphics on that 21.
You are correct. However after staring at it tonight, we are leaning towards a design like this...
What would think of something like that with the color scheme like this....
replace the blue with yellow and the green with blue?
Thanks, Mitch

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:48 PM
You are correct. However after staring at it tonight, we are leaning towards a design like this...
What would think of something like that with the color scheme like this....
replace the blue with yellow and the green with blue?
Thanks, Mitch
Sounds like a great start. Those should go good together. Are you matching anything? They fade colors into others like no one else can. I always get compliments at the river.

ULTRA28
08-19-2005, 09:49 PM
What color blue are you thinking about? Saphire like the 24 in the picture, or midnight (has a little purple hue in it)? I think if you're going with the bright yellow, that the midnight blue would contrast it well. I would also do medium grey for the pins and shadows. What color for the interior?

Ultrafied
08-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Have a few ideas and then just sit down with John. He is awsome when it comes to helping you design your boat! Basically, have fun when you do it. I like the yellow myelf. Of course I am a little partial to a real light platinum with flames fading from red to orange to yellow. Oh ... wait a minute, that's my boat!! LOL.

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:52 PM
What color blue are you thinking about? Saphire like the 24 in the picture, or midnight (has a little purple hue in it)? I think if you're going with the bright yellow, that the midnight blue would contrast it well. I would also do medium grey for the pins and shadows. What color for the interior?
Purple goes awesome with yellow so the Saphire sounds cool. I was going to say purple but you gotta kinda be careful with that. My first truck ever was purple (I was 17 I think when I bought and got screwed) and I still hear about it every now and again. But a blue with a purple hue with that yellow. Niiiiiiiice. Told ya to let John run with it.

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Have a few ideas and then just sit down with John. He is awsome when it comes to helping you design your boat! Basically, have fun when you do it. I like the yellow myelf. Of course I am a little partial to a real light platinum with flames fading from red to orange to yellow. Oh ... wait a minute, that's my boat!! LOL.
Mike yours is the second nicest 24 Stealth gel ever made. I think we know who has numero uno. :idea:

Ultrafied
08-19-2005, 09:57 PM
LOL ... of course! Haven't got to see you yet this summer, dang it! How's the little one?

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi,
It is a medium yellow like the used one in the showroom.
We came up with a dark saphire shade without the purple hue in it, like the accent of one you have in the showroom on one of the 23s I think... right next to the desk by the door. We thought the 2 tone grey interior looked hot on the yellow used 21 that you have in there so we picked that with blue hardware. You think the midnight blue would be better? Can you do a variation on that design above that is totally custom? What is your opinion on some white just at the bottom in case we ever beach it?
Am I just babbling now?
Thanks, Mitch

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 10:01 PM
LOL ... of course! Haven't got to see you yet this summer, dang it! How's the little one?
He's doing awesome. I couldn't imagine life without him now. Hard work but worth every minute. Will you be out on Labor Day Weekend? If not we will be there for a week starting the 11th.

Ultrafied
08-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Yup, Labor Day weekend. We should hook up. Then we talk about this new graphics John is going to do for Mitch!

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Yup, Labor Day weekend. We should hook up. Then we talk about this new graphics John is going to do for Mitch!
We'll PM the week before!

Ultrafied
08-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Ok :d

HighRoller
08-19-2005, 10:08 PM
John, check your email

HighRoller
08-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Is the ultraboats@aol deal no good anymore?

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 10:18 PM
I'll change it up from the one in the picture. I know the yellow and blue you're talking about. I'll draw it with saphire and another with midnight, so you can make the decision. You want the back of the boat yellow so the blue billet will contrast? Or do you want the extra graphic like the one in the picture, which would make the back of the boat blue? I like the idea of the two tone grey for the interior also.
I guess the yellow back will look great to contrast the blue billit but that now throws off the switching of the colors in the pic above, right? What extra graphic are you talking about? Are we on the right track or do you have some great design completely different that has been in your head that you have been wanting to try? We are totally open to your magic and creativity.
Thanks, Mitch

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't bother with the white on the bottom. I think the all color will look better with what you're doing.
I think all color will look better too but I was just thinking of the white for scratches if we beach it a little.
Mitch

HighRoller
08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
I'll try that one, I haven't checked that in months.
Oh, sorry. I was out of the loop for a while. I do have a question for you, though. What was the deciding factor in making the 24 Stealth without the frenched-in swim-step like the 247XS? I loved that design and was just wondering why you guys went with a standard transom. Thanks.

ULTRA28
08-19-2005, 10:25 PM
I guess the yellow back will look great to contrast the blue billit but that now throws off the switching of the colors in the pic above, right? What extra graphic are you talking about? Are we on the right track or do you have some great design completely different that has been in your head that you have been wanting to try? We are totally open to your magic and creativity.
Thanks, Mitch
I'll have something for you by mid-day tomorrow. I have to finish the NASCAR/Victory Junction charity boat first thing, then I'll get yours by lunch. Give me a call at the shop tomorrow.

Outnumbered
08-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Congrats on the Stealth. Very nice. What is the build out time on a new one?
Here is my take on the cooler dealio:
Do not do the engine compartment. I would eliminate the jump seat behind the DRIVER and have a built in cooler base put in here. Have John hook you up with a matching cooler that fits here and may even have a seat cushion lid ;) . This boat has soooo much seating room that this will work perfect. This way you keep the pasenger side jump seat as an observer seat. We use ours all the time. Trust me as an owner of this boat. This will work sweet.

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I'll have something for you by mid-day tomorrow. I have to finish the NASCAR/Victory Junction charity boat first thing, then I'll get yours by lunch. Give me a call at the shop tomorrow.
Sounds great. I will call you tomorrow.
Thanks, Mitch

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Congrats on the Stealth. Very nice. What is the build out time on a new one?
Here is my take on the cooler dealio:
Do not do the engine compartment. I would eliminate the jump seat behind the DRIVER and have a built in cooler base put in here. Have John hook you up with a matching cooler that fits here and may even have a seat cushion lid ;) . This boat has soooo much seating room that this will work perfect. This way you keep the pasenger side jump seat as an observer seat. We use ours all the time. Trust me as an owner of this boat. This will work sweet.
That is a good idea and I will talk to John about it as well.
Thanks, Mitch

Outnumbered
08-19-2005, 10:35 PM
That is a good idea and I will talk to John about it as well.
Thanks, Mitch
What is the build time?

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 10:36 PM
What is the build time? 4 weeks, I think.
Mitch

Outnumbered
08-19-2005, 10:38 PM
4 weeks, I think.
Mitch
Wow, that seems too fast. They must be all caught up. Great news.

HighRoller
08-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Damn John. Just read your email and don't know what to say. You guys are incredible!! I asked about the swim step deal because I love the 22 Stealth design but want more freeboard. Of course I guess a full length billet swim step on the 21 Stealth might suffice.....the wife hates those spilt swim steps!!!!!!!

Outnumbered
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Here is a shot of the jump seats in my boat. Maybe John could do a built in cooler under one of them or just take one out and do the cooler base as I mentioned.
We keep our jumbo Coleman Extreme in the well/on the floor between the cuddy seats. It fits perfect and only sticks up about 4 inches above the floor. This may be too tight a spot for a cooler without the walk thru though.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/973KOPF2005_021.jpg

NetBilling
08-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Here is a shot of the jump seats in my boat. Maybe John could do a built in cooler under one of them or just take one out and do the cooler base as I mentioned.
We keep our jumbo Coleman Extreme in the well/on the floor between the cuddy seats. It fits perfect and only sticks up about 4 inches above the floor. This may be too tight a spot for a cooler without the walk thru though.
Good ideas and nice boat. Do you have the 20 or 40 oz carpeting?
Mitch

Outnumbered
08-19-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure. I think its 40.

jbtrailerjim
08-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Congrats on the new Ultra. I'd go with the offshore controls. I have them and I love them.
My boat has the saphire blue against yellow. I love that combination. I opted for the more traditonal type flames instead of the tribal. Flames have been around for years and will never go out of style.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3693DCP_0485_My_Ultra.JPG

jbtrailerjim
08-20-2005, 04:57 AM
I will be coming out with a 26 Stealth sometime in the next couple of years with a built in step.
Hmmmm....A couple of years eh? That just might be perfect timeing for when I want to upgrade. :idea:

BarryMac
08-20-2005, 05:51 AM
Ask John to add a couple of Built in Coolers in the floor, not sure if that is available but it would be nice, I have a friend that has them in him Commander and theya re pretty sweet, if not like Outnumbered said I would lose the jump seat behind the river seat and put a nice 48 can soft sider right there. In regards to the Gel, just give John an Idea of what you are looking for and turn him loose, he is a Magician and will make you a one off bad ass Gel design. Congrats on your new ride, I can't wait to see the finished product, you definitely wont regret going with Ultra...

NetBilling
08-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Ask John to add a couple of Built in Coolers in the floor, not sure if that is available but it would be nice, I have a friend that has them in him Commander and theya re pretty sweet, if not like Outnumbered said I would lose the jump seat behind the river seat and put a nice 48 can soft sider right there. In regards to the Gel, just give John an Idea of what you are looking for and turn him loose, he is a Magician and will make you a one off bad ass Gel design. Congrats on your new ride, I can't wait to see the finished product, you definitely wont regret going with Ultra...
Thank you very much. I will talk to John today about the coolers.
Mitch

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi All,
A big thanks to Bob Brown down at Ultra today for spending several hours with us and finally selling us a new Stealth and thanks to John West for spending time on the phone with me as well. The boat build will start next week. Sarah and I are VERY excited. We decided on the non walkthrough because of the sleek look. We opted to keep both mid cabin seats instead of losing one for a cooler as there seems to be room for a cooler in the engine compartment.
Here are a few other options that we added... but not all listed here.
Dana hinges
Dana battery boxes - dual batteries
Ultra's 3500 stereo package with Ipod connector and Stereo control panel in rear
Extra DC outlets
Full floor lighting
Drive shower
Built-in hand rails instead of top mounted
Livoris guauge and sterring wheel package
We did not get the HO or the offshore controls... mistake?
------------
So now I need more help please**
We went for the full body paint in yellow blend with sapphire blue flames (or some other design), just like this paint job below but blue instead of purple.
However, because of scratching the bottom when we beach the boat, I am thinking to have some white only on the very bottom of the boat at the "V". I saw some like that in Hot Boat magazine and it seems to be common to do that even on a full paint blended boat. What do you think? Also, I am wondering if we should do traditional flames as in this pic, or tribal, or a combination? I wonder if JW has anything completely different that he wants to try? I will talk to him tomorrow but would really appreciate all of your inut tonight.
http://www.ultraboats.com/img/gall24lg.JPG
Thanks, Mitch
Mitch:
Congratulations and welcome to the Ultra family. Leave the bottom of the boat all yellow. I do not think you will like white on the V. When beaching it just float it up and look for rocks and you will be FINE! Holly told me your color choices last night and that is going to look sick! I know one thing that is pretty cool is doing tribal flames on one side and hot rod flames on the other. JW did it once before on a 23 deck and it looks pretty insane. Talk to John he is always thinking of new ideas. Everytime we go in my boat you can see him thinking of new ideas as small as designing better posititons for grab handles. He will hook you up!!! Congrats, Mike

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 08:55 AM
I am reconsidering that...
I would do an ice chest underneath in the cuddy. You do not want to have to constantly be opening the engine hatch to get a drink. Especially with kids if you have any who want to get in and out of it alot. If you are driving you will have to constantly keep stopping to open it up. Also, I would not get the livorsi offshore controls on that boat because a panel has to be made to fit them and it cramps the driver a bit, but I WOULD GET the IN CONTROL SHIFTER that setup is BAD ASS I had it on my 24 Stealth and loved it!! PM me if you have anymore questions. Mike

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Mitch:
Congratulations and welcome to the Ultra family. Leave the bottom of the boat all yellow. I do not think you will like white on the V. When beaching it just float it up and look for rocks and you will be FINE! Holly told me your color choices last night and that is going to look sick! I know one thing that is pretty cool is doing tribal flames on one side and hot rod flames on the other. JW did it once before on a 23 deck and it looks pretty insane. Talk to John he is always thinking of new ideas. Everytime we go in my boat you can see him thinking of new ideas as small as designing better posititons for grab handles. He will hook you up!!! Congrats, Mike
That's actually kinda cool. A little weird but cool. It's like you can't make up your mind so you get both. Like you have two different boats. I bet it trips people out and they have to go for a double take errrrrrr I mean quadruple take.

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 09:11 AM
That's actually kinda cool. A little weird but cool. It's like you can't make up your mind so you get both. Like you have two different boats. I bet it trips people out and they have to go for a double take errrrrrr I mean quadruple take.
Yeah it is sweet. The deckboat was full blended hot rod orange with dark sapphire flames. It is cool because going south on the river people see one side and then going north they see the other side. When he told me at first I was leary, but when I saw it it was awesome!

NetBilling
08-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Mitch:
Hi,
Holly was a huge help to us yesterday and extremely cool. I can't wait to get this rolling.
Mitch

NetBilling
08-20-2005, 09:16 AM
I would do an ice chest underneath in the cuddy. You do not want to have to constantly be opening the engine hatch to get a drink. Especially with kids if you have any who want to get in and out of it alot. If you are driving you will have to constantly keep stopping to open it up. Also, I would not get the livorsi offshore controls on that boat because a panel has to be made to fit them and it cramps the driver a bit, but I WOULD GET the IN CONTROL SHIFTER that setup is BAD ASS I had it on my 24 Stealth and loved it!! PM me if you have anymore questions. Mike
Hi,
I am not able to send PMs for some reason. I will ask JW about the In control shifter. Do you have a pic of it?
Mitch

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi,
Holly was a huge help to us yesterday and extremely cool. I can't wait to get this rolling.
Mitch
She is great. If you ever cannot get a hold of any of the guys just give her a call and she will take care of you. Can't wait to see your boat. I love seeing the new ones roll out. Seriously consider the IN CONTROL SHIFTER!!

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 09:22 AM
She is great. If you ever cannot get a hold of any of the guys just give her a call and she will take care of you. Can't wait to see your boat. I love seeing the new ones roll out. Seriously consider the IN CONTROL SHIFTER!!
what is this in-control shifter you speak of?
only one I've seen is on a friends Hallett Vector, the shifter is gunwale mounted and uses a foot throttle...

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi,
I am not able to send PMs for some reason. I will ask JW about the In control shifter. Do you have a pic of it?
Mitch
Sorry I do not, but talk to John and he should have one of my old boat or another that he did, but that is definitely the conroller I would go with.

Johnwithjm
08-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Mitch I will email you a picture of the in control shifter.

Johnwithjm
08-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Mitch you got mail.

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 09:36 AM
what is this in-control shifter you speak of?
only one I've seen is on a friends Hallett Vector, the shifter is gunwale mounted and uses a foot throttle...
Same thing, but you can get it with a throttle handle as well so you have separate controls for throttle and shifting. It is just like offshore controls. Mounted just like you are saying. If you still have the swimsuit issue from last year Nov/Dec look at my old 24 burgandy and blue flame closed bow there is a picture of it.

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Same thing, but you can get it with a throttle handle as well so you have separate controls for throttle and shifting. It is just like offshore controls. Mounted just like you are saying. If you still have the swimsuit issue from last year Nov/Dec look at my old 24 burgandy and blue flame closed bow there is a picture of it.
I WISH I had the swimsuit issue :D
So its just like our offshore stuff but takes less room to rig?
Now about this swimsuit issue....Being an Ultra and all...Is one of the Ultra girls pictured with the boat?? Leah? Holly? :wink:

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 09:42 AM
I WISH I had the swimsuit issue :D
So its just like our offshore stuff but takes less room to rig?
Now about this swimsuit issue....Being an Ultra and all...Is one of the Ultra girls pictured with the boat?? Leah? Holly? :wink:
Unfortunately not. All Hot Boat models.

GrapeApe
08-20-2005, 09:52 AM
I have to finish the 25 Deck first, then the 30 cat
Damn John..
I guess we will be Upgrading again when the 25 Deck gets Finished.. Jerks.. :argue: :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/641975_SanVicenteresized019.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/641975_SanVicenteresized017.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6419480x360_SanVicenteresized025.jpg
*** Grape Ape ***

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Unfortunately not. All Hot Boat models.
that works too i guess :rolleyes:
Didn't Ultra's always used to be photographed with John's wife??

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Post a pic of this in control shifter!!!!!!!

Johnwithjm
08-20-2005, 10:18 AM
I have it but I don`t know how to post pics. Anyone want to post it I will send it to them

sully44
08-20-2005, 10:38 AM
That 23 deck is sweet!

ULTRA28
08-20-2005, 10:45 AM
That 23 deck is sweet!
I have you on my calender for a shop tour today.

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 11:04 AM
I have it but I don`t know how to post pics. Anyone want to post it I will send it to them
dicudmore@hotmail.com
I'm headed to lunch for an hour though

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 11:04 AM
I have you on my calender for a shop tour today.
hey I want one of those :D
due to job change I may have a couple days off coming up too :rolleyes:

sigepmock
08-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Damn John..
I guess we will be Upgrading again when the 25 Deck gets Finished.. Jerks.. :argue: :D :D*** Grape Ape ***
Get in Line Biatches!!!! :D :D
OH yeah welcome to the Ultra family NetBilling.
Chris

NetBilling
08-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the email John.
Here is the pic
http://netbilling.com/photos/boats/172.jpg
Mitch

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Here is the pic
Mitch
Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!! I like that interior vinyl too!

GrapeApe
08-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Get in Line Biatches!!!! :D :D
Chris
Chris,
You can be the 1st Big Baller that gets the 1st one.. I'll take number 6 or 7... :D
*** Grape Ape ***

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Here is the pic
Mitch
This is not the one that would go on the 24 Stealth. This one is on a 22 Stealth with a foot throttle. The one for the 24 will look the same, but have a shifter lever and throttle lever just like the offshore controls. Like I ealier said the livorsi or gaffrigs have to have an panel to house them and they cram your right leg this style mounts on the side. Just my personal opinion when I drove one with those controls.

Johnwithjm
08-20-2005, 02:02 PM
This is not the one that would go on the 24 Stealth. This one is on a 22 Stealth with a foot throttle. The one for the 24 will look the same, but have a shifter lever and throttle lever just like the offshore controls. Like I ealier said the livorsi or gaffrigs have to have an panel to house them and they cram your right leg this style mounts on the side. Just my personal opinion when I drove one with those controls.
Shippingguy this boat doesn`t have a foot throttle there is a second lever you just can`t see it from the picture angle. I sent Mitch a better photo that shows the second lever.

Magic34
08-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Got the e-mail and responded. I will be coming out with a 26 Stealth sometime in the next couple of years with a built in step. I also might come out with a smaller 24 again like the 247, but not for a few more years. I have to finish the 25 Deck first, then the 30 cat. I wanted the 24 to be a larger version of the 21 and had it replace the 23XS and the 247XS, so it just sort of evolved into what it did.
Hey don't forget about the 38'-42' that you promised me within the next 2 years.
OK, didn't promise, but you should think about it. :D

NetBilling
08-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Shippingguy this boat doesn`t have a foot throttle there is a second lever you just can`t see it from the picture angle. I sent Mitch a better photo that shows the second lever.
Thanks for the picture!
Mitch

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the picture!
Mitch
Post it up Mitch!

NetBilling
08-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Post it up Mitch!
Here ya go!
http://netbilling.com/photos/boats/shifter.jpg
Mitch

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Here ya go!
http://netbilling.com/photos/boats/shifter.jpg
Mitch
Niiiice. I like the looks better than my blackie. Where's the trim switch though. I still think the standard quicksilver is the easiest to use. especially when manuevering around the ramps and docks.

jbtrailerjim
08-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Niiiice. I like the looks better than my blackie. Where's the trim switch though. I still think the standard quicksilver is the easiest to use. especially when manuevering around the ramps and docks.
Once you get used to offshore controls though you will never want anything else.

Ultrafied
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Once you get used to offshore controls though you will never want anything else.
I have to agree. It was one of the options I "had to have" and no regrets. :yuk:

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 04:53 PM
My bad. I stand corrected. I owe you lunch!! I could not see it from the angle at first.

shippingguy
08-20-2005, 04:56 PM
It is a powdercoated billet piece mounted on the steering wheel.

NetBilling
08-20-2005, 05:16 PM
What is the standard quicksilver?
Mitch

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 06:10 PM
What is the standard quicksilver?
Mitch
Just the black Mercury shifter. Look at the picture of Outnumbered's boat. It's that control. I think it's the easiest to use but it kinda looks out of place on the custom Ultra. Like jbtrailerjim said once you get used to the other ones you will never go back. And they look better.

Johnwithjm
08-20-2005, 07:17 PM
My bad. I stand corrected. I owe you lunch!! I could not see it from the angle at first.
Come on Mike you don`t owe me a thing. It was a bad picture I sent Mitch.

NetBilling
08-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Can someone post a pic of what the offshore controls will look like in my boat?
Thanks, Mitch

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks, Mitch
PM Ultrafied. He has the offshores.

Johnwithjm
08-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks, Mitch
Mitch I will try to get you some pictures on Saturday. I think I have some on my PC at the shop.

JustMVG
08-20-2005, 08:30 PM
The engine hatch is up and the girl looks like she just heard bad news, like we cant go the batteries are dead!!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6419480x360_SanVicenteresized025.jpg

UltraBob
08-20-2005, 08:32 PM
How many times have you seen that boat in the showroom (Good eye for detail MIke). J/k

NetBilling
08-22-2005, 10:01 PM
What do you guys think of this design that John West came up with for our boat?
http://netbilling.com/photos/boats/drawingsm.jpg
Let's here it!
Thanks, Mitch

voodoomedman
08-23-2005, 06:43 AM
Let's here it!
Thanks, Mitch
I think he needs to practice in some coloring books cuz he can't keep inside the lines anymore. J/K :D
Nice. I can see the fades in the blue which is cool!

jbtrailerjim
08-23-2005, 06:56 AM
I like it! I'd go with it. :cool:

Supultlbich
08-23-2005, 07:09 AM
That looks like a great boat!! I vote for the open bow as well, and the offshore controls. We also hane two small children and the two seats in the mid cabin are perfect for naps and when they get tired. We have the HO, but with small kids how fast do you want to go? I dont think it makes that much of a difference.
Congratulations and cant wait to see it!! Good luck!!

dicudmore
08-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Mitch, John is an ARTIST and their gel-coater is second to none....
If you half-way like it on paper, it will be AWESOME on fiberglass :wink:

shippingguy
08-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Let's here it!
Thanks, Mitch
I would go with it. That looks awesome. The drawing on paper does not do it justice wait till you see it for the first time out of the mold!!

syke-o
08-23-2005, 08:13 AM
i like the colors as well, and think that the finished product will look amazing!!

dicudmore
08-23-2005, 09:23 AM
I would go with it. That looks awesome. The drawing on paper does not do it justice wait till you see it for the first time out of the mold!!
didn't I just say that??

NetBilling
08-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Mitch, John is an ARTIST and their gel-coater is second to none....
If you half-way like it on paper, it will be AWESOME on fiberglass :wink:
I know he is incredible which is why I went with Ultra to begin with. I love the colors but I really want a little more of an original design and this one is alot like so many that we have seen already.
Mitch

shippingguy
08-23-2005, 09:30 AM
didn't I just say that??
I guess you did. I did not see that. I guess great minds think alike. Look at what boat you are going to order!:D

jbtrailerjim
08-23-2005, 09:40 AM
I know he is incredible which is why I went with Ultra to begin with. I love the colors but I really want a little more of an original design and this one is alot like so many that we have seen already.
Mitch
If you want something more original, you might want to do something else besides flames. They have been the trend for the last few years on boats.
Just turn John loose and tell him what colors you like and tell him you want something original. John is an artist and has a great vision for what will look cool on a boat. That is why his gel coat designs are copied by so many.

NetBilling
08-23-2005, 11:02 AM
If you want something more original, you might want to do something else besides flames. They have been the trend for the last few years on boats.
Just turn John loose and tell him what colors you like and tell him you want something original. John is an artist and has a great vision for what will look cool on a boat. That is why his gel coat designs are copied by so many.
Will do!
Thanks, Mitch

dicudmore
08-23-2005, 11:16 AM
I guess you did. I did not see that. I guess great minds think alike. Look at what boat you are going to order!:D
true true :cool:

Nord
08-23-2005, 11:46 AM
The ice chest in the ski locker is a better idea, mine is under the hatch in my Eliminator, and I don't use it cuz its a B*tch to get to.
I would definately reconsider White on the bottom, the beaching marks might lighten the gel and make the boat look older quicker!!!

NetBilling
08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
The ice chest in the ski locker is a better idea, mine is under the hatch in my Eliminator, and I don't use it cuz its a B*tch to get to.
I would definately reconsider White on the bottom, the beaching marks might lighten the gel and make the boat look older quicker!!!
Hi,
We decided to lost the jump seat on the driver side and put a cooler box there. As far as the white, we will just be very careful. A scratch is a scratch, no matter the color.
Thanks, Mitch

Nord
08-23-2005, 12:11 PM
agreed here too. The flames are going to get dated pretty quick here, but if you like em', rock em!

voodoomedman
08-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi,
We decided to lost the jump seat on the driver side and put a cooler box there. As far as the white, we will just be very careful. A scratch is a scratch, no matter the color.
Thanks, Mitch
Good choice. They upholster the top of those so someone could still sit there while lounging anyway. On my boat nobody sits in the jump seats while running cuz they are facing backwards. They sit there when just chillin in a cove. My only concern would be that it's not covered but if you have your bimini up it will be. Actually not that huge of a deal anyway. Those stainless coleman's they use are the best you can freaking buy. Stuff will stay cold for days at the river in those things.

NetBilling
08-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Good choice. They upholster the top of those so someone could still sit there while lounging anyway. On my boat nobody sits in the jump seats while running cuz they are facing backwards. They sit there when just chillin in a cove. My only concern would be that it's not covered but if you have your bimini up it will be. Actually not that huge of a deal anyway. Those stainless coleman's they use are the best you can freaking buy. Stuff will stay cold for days at the river in those things.
Thanks for all of the good suggestions...
Mitch

voodoomedman
08-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks for all of the good suggestions...
Mitch
No problem. Just make sure I get to see this thing!!!!!

Outnumbered
08-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Mitch, check out this boat. Its close to your colors with a white bottom. Thought you may want to see this:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/2610100_1948.JPG

Throttle
08-25-2005, 10:19 PM
I think he needs to practice in some coloring books cuz he can't keep inside the lines anymore. J/K :D
Nice. I can see the fades in the blue which is cool!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????????????????????

Throttle
08-25-2005, 10:20 PM
cancel your order today and buy mine tomorrow.

Throttle
08-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Let's here it!
Thanks, Mitch
again, mmmmmmmmm????????????