PDA

View Full Version : Avi

MAXIMUS
08-20-2005, 07:17 AM
What is the availability of good fuel down there??? How is the water levels through out the day??? Might be somewhere in the area this weekend... :)

dmontzsta
08-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Last weekend the water level was REDICULOUS! It was probably 2' deep. If you have a V-Drive cruiser do not plan on putting it in the water until around 3-4pm.
Are you looking for race gas? if not, there is plenty of gas stations. If so, get ahold of Squirtin Thunder, he knows where all the spots are.

Squirtcha?
08-20-2005, 07:55 AM
I agree. A buddy of mine went to his first CBBB this year. We went out for a cruise at about 4:00 pm on Friday. We're cruising at about 3400 rpm 35 mph or so, and he hit a gravel bar right in the middle of the river. I was actually closer to shore than he was and managed to miss it.
Granted he's not used to running on the river, and didn't know what to look for (reading the river), but it resulted in three big rocks stuck in his impeller and my pulling him back (about 3-4 miles).
I believe there were a number of people that hit rock/sand bars that weekend. This wouldn't be too unusual, but for it to be shallow enough to hit at 4:00 pm in the middle of the river????????? Right after we got him pulled off, and tied to my boat, another boater hit the same gravel bar.
If ya go, be especially careful heading downriver from the bridge/AVI. It's a lot shallower down there and there are more places to get hung up.

Danhercules
08-20-2005, 08:15 AM
If you know the river, your OK. If not, then dont go. There are som prop guys that can run it when its low, but you really got to know the area VERY well.

Squirtin Thunder
08-20-2005, 08:33 AM
This might help;
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87706&highlight=cbbb+fuel
Give me a call when you get here !!!
Jim
928-234-5455

Wally_Gator
08-20-2005, 08:36 AM
One thing to remember....
Green water good.. Brown water bad... On the river...
Once you start to see brown, you are going shallow...

U.T.'s Pimp
08-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi all its maximus here... I went to avi this weekend & was really disappointed! We were scheduled to stay until monday & we left sunday morning! River was too low & the cove was the sickest thing I have ever had to walk in! Should have gone to parker! :messedup:

dmontzsta
08-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi all its maximus here... I went to avi this weekend & was really disappointed! We were scheduled to stay until monday & we left sunday morning! River was too low & the cove was the sickest thing I have ever had to walk in! Should have gone to parker! :messedup:
yup, nice and muddy. Needles rules.