PDA

View Full Version : Delta Thunder Powerboat Race 9/10-11

Rock-it man
08-20-2005, 11:03 AM
There is going to be a LOTO type event in Pittsburg Ca ( On the delta) on 9/10-11/05 .there will be Offshore radar runs,side by side racing,speed trails,drag races,etc and the Sea Fest event also that weekend. the link is www.pacificoffshore.com for more info.

pixrthis
08-20-2005, 02:10 PM
This is a great time and the people who host the event are some of the nicest I ever met.

Squirtin Thunder
08-20-2005, 11:56 PM
There is going to be a LOTO type event in Pittsburg Ca ( On the delta) on 9/10-11/05 .there will be Offshore radar runs,side by side racing,speed trails,drag races,etc and the Sea Fest event also that weekend. the link is www.pacificoffshore.com for more info.
I see Side by Side racing and Drag Races. What type of boats are going to be there for these events ???

Familycat
08-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Is this a good event to watch from shore (like bridge to bridge) or should you bring your boat?
Rick

Eliminator 4 Life
08-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Is this a good event to watch from shore (like bridge to bridge) or should you bring your boat?
Rick
Rick I have watched it from the shore several times are you gonna go if so let me know Ill meet you there

pixrthis
08-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Rick
It's better from shore at this race.

Pacific Offshore
08-28-2005, 05:06 AM
Pleasure power boats teamed up with like boats running side by side drag race style.
Here's how it works. You do a run down New York slew and blow through the radar trap. Later in the day you can get paired up with another boat that ran about your same speed and both of you drag race through the trap again. Got a buddy who thinks he's faster than you??? :D
Here's the site for information. Pittsburg Delta Thunder (http://www.pacificoffshore.com/Cities/pittsburg/pittsburg.html)

Rock-it man
08-31-2005, 07:13 AM
Pleasure power boats teamed up with like boats running side by side drag race style.
Here's how it works. You do a run down New York slew and blow through the radar trap. Later in the day you can get paired up with another boat that ran about your same speed and both of you drag race through the trap again. Got a buddy who thinks he's faster than you??? :D
Here's the site for information. Pittsburg Delta Thunder (http://www.pacificoffshore.com/Cities/pittsburg/pittsburg.html)
Sure thought this thread would get a lot more action ,is there a list of who is going to this,I found out a little late and I know the Shasta Cat Attack II is going on the same weekend. I would like to see this turn into a really big deal like LOTO . I will be there Friday AM

DCBob
08-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Sure thought this thread would get a lot more action ,is there a list of who is going to this,I found out a little late and I know the Shasta Cat Attack II is going on the same weekend. I would like to see this turn into a really big deal like LOTO . I will be there Friday AM
Yea, it's to bad no one thought of it before setting up Cat Attack II :confused: It really is a pretty cool deal along w/the Pittsburg Seafood Festival. Even when it's too rough on the river for the small boats to run fast :2purples: it's fun watching the offshores :D I think this is the first time for side by side radar runs, so good luck RIM. Oh yeah, watch out for them rollers :2purples: :2purples:

MOBrien
08-31-2005, 09:22 AM
...... watch out for them rollers :2purples: :2purples:
shiat, just close your eyes and hammer it! :sqeyes: :D
Hey Rimmer, looks like I might get a day-pass to go check this out. Where's THE place to be for the best & closest spectating? Also, so this run is part delta & part bay? So does that mean fresh water to salt water? Wondering if I should pull the purple party sled out there....... :idea: If it's primarily salt, she's definitely staying home.

DCBob
08-31-2005, 09:39 AM
shiat, just close your eyes and hammer it! :sqeyes: :D
Hey Rimmer, looks like I might get a day-pass to go check this out. Where's THE place to be for the best & closest spectating? Also, so this run is part delta & part bay? So does that mean fresh water to salt water? Wondering if I should pull the purple party sled out there....... :idea: If it's primarily salt, she's definitely staying home.
Hey MOB, Pittsburg, New York Slough still fresh water. Launch @ Lawrentson's (sp) West end of Bridgehead Road Antioch or Antioch launch ramp, go left downriver 2-3 miles to New York Slough.

ELIMINAT THIS
08-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Well since my boat is still broke no CatAttack 2 for me :cry: .I might have to come and watch Wayne make some passes.Maybe a live play by play ( via cell phone) for the Cat Attack crew. :)

Rock-it man
08-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Well since my boat is still broke no CatAttack 2 for me :cry: .I might have to come and watch Wayne make some passes.Maybe a live play by play ( via cell phone) for the Cat Attack crew. :)
It starts around 9 am Sat morning and goe's till noon I think and again in the afternoon but really not sure. Bring a video camera . I heard you can watch from shore . The motor is set to kill and all I need is one good water run.

MOBrien
08-31-2005, 02:56 PM
.........The motor is set to kill and all I need is one good water run.
actually, don't you need two good runs to make it an "official" run? Either way, as of now I'm planning on being out there somewhere to see you push that bad-boy to its limits Wayne....best of luck to you. Any idea on a list of participants so we know who else is running?

Rock-it man
08-31-2005, 03:07 PM
actually, don't you need two good runs to make it an "official" run? Either way, as of now I'm planning on being out there somewhere to see you push that bad-boy to its limits Wayne....best of luck to you. Any idea on a list of participants so we know who else is running?
I heard that Bob Teague was comming and a lot from Southeren Calif but I have not seen any kind of list. I heard that a Datona 26 went 144 at LOTO but just a rummer so far ,I ordered a copy of the LOTO two day event and there should be some results posted soon.
Don't like side by side racing at these speeds. I will have the boat there Fri to get set up for the run on sat.

BAD ATTITUDE
09-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Here’s some info for you guys.
*Registration for Radar run is at 9:00 AM Sat. ( at the Pittsburg Yacht Club)
*Radar runs begin about 12:00 PM.
*Airshow begins at 3:00PM. (Radar runs will cease during the Airshow. The “Box will be Closed” during this time frame. )
*Tentatively Radar runs may start again after the Airshow til maybe 6:00+/-
(may not be a safety crew during this portion)
*Prop testing for race boats 12:00PM til 3:00PM Sat. (testing will be in the Sacramento River, west of New York Slough)
*Pacific offshore Race is Sun 12:00PM
*Sun. Airshow is at 3:00PM
*Racing Awards Sunday after race.
Other activities include :
• Seafood Festival
• Biker “show n’ shine” type show around beginning around 10:00-11:00 AM Sat. (Rumor is about 500+ bikes)
• Build a boat competition Sat 12:00PM (I think)
• Arts and craft are being added to the festival this year.
• Airshow will be the “Patriot Jets”
Other items of interest:
• Radar runs will be a measured mile down New York Slough end of the run passing the crowds on shore.
• Best place to launch is Lauritzen Yacht Harbor. (located at the east side of the Antioch Bridge.) head straight out of the harbor area til you get to the main channel ten turn left going down River sty in main channel.
• Best place to watch is probably on shore.
• Best place to drink is the Pittsburg Yacht Club.
• Radar speeds will be announced. Speeds will also be via sealed GPS units.
• Safety will be by Pacific Dive and Rescue.
• I have not heard a boat count for the Radar runs. Heard some big boys form LOTO were invited.
• Heard a contingent of Southern Cal Boats were also coming in.
• I have not heard a race boat count from Pacific Offshore.
• On Sat., around the Airshow time, a race boat and an airplane are going to race down New York Slough.
• Radar runs will be a measured mile down New York Slough end of the run passing the crowds on shore. Want to run again exchange the GPS unit go around the island and get in line again for your next run.
• Docking will be available at the new marina area.
• NO DOCKING will be allowed at the Yacht Club area. This area will serve as the Race boat wet pit area and Rescue boat areas
• Launching also available at the Antioch Ramp.
• Site is located at the marina area North end of Railroad Ave., Pittsburg CA.
• Shuttle bus is available from the parking areas.
Hope this info is of some help to you guys.
Be safe, cuz I have a BAD ATTITUDE.
JIM

GoCiggie31
09-10-2005, 06:19 AM
BA,
Thank you for the info. These are great events. Besides in the seafood festival coral and by the launch ramp...Specifically (which shore area) are there any other areas to watch the event and get some good pics of the boats at speed?
Also all, bring cash for the food tickets...the food selection is GREAT.
Gociggie