PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Daytona @ CBBB05

Wicked Performance Boats
08-20-2005, 04:18 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2295-danae-cbbb05_162-med.jpg Here's Rod's damaged & sunken !9ft Eliminator Daytona after recovery on Sunday morning. Everything was perfect except the hull. Budlight Ps if somebody can give me an email address or something I've got 70 more pics of CBBB05 that I can send.

BUSBY
08-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Now that sucks!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2295-danae-cbbb05_162.jpg

DeputyDawg
08-20-2005, 04:47 PM
That seriously sucks! What happened to cause the damage and make the boat go down?

Wicked Performance Boats
08-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Water was rough and he was turning and stuffed it in the next roller! Ouch! :2purples: Budlight

DeputyDawg
08-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Was this maybe a highspeed turn????? Hope everybody is okay.

JetBoatRich
08-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Looks pretty bad :mad: good to see he is still around to fix it

olbiezer
08-20-2005, 05:14 PM
i thought daytona's were tougher then that.......

SmokinLowriderSS
08-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Dammmmm. Sux. At least he's OK.
Well, bright side says thay now is a great oportunity with access to add flotation material to the bow area in case such a catastrophe ever happens again. :messedup:

cyclone
08-20-2005, 05:21 PM
at least no on got hurt. hulls can be replaced, people cant.

Cs19
08-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Wow, thats not good, glad Rod's ok.
I hit the largest roller ever (wakeboard boat) :burningm: last weekend on my way back up from Needles, i can see how that could happen in a daytona if you hit it just right.
Any idea what Rod has planned Pat?

Wicked Performance Boats
08-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Cs19, Chris, Looks like he will be the owner of the 3rd Wicked Performance gullwing boat to come out of the mold. He wants a bright white one. We thought that the daytona was a pretty light boat. Now we have seen how thin the layup was. I think daytonas got most of their strength from the many corner shapes that makes up the hull. We'll build him another quality boat. Pat@ Wicked Performance Boats :D

hbpdub
08-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Cs19, Chris, Looks like he will be the owner of the 3rd Wicked Performance gullwing boat to come out of the mold. He wants a bright white one. We thought that the daytona was a pretty light boat. Now we have seen how thin the layup was. I think daytonas got most of their strength from the many corner shapes that makes up the hull. We'll build him another quality boat. Pat@ Wicked Performance Boats :D
Do you have a website????

Wicked Performance Boats
08-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Not yet, but soon to come. Budlight

Nucking futs
08-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Pat, great to hear he is getting another boat. It looks to me that the sponsen has been repaired once before? Notice how the cracks look like glass snap rather then a tear. Stress points maybe from the repair? just asking if he had a repair to the nose or not. anyways glad he didnt get hurt.
Tim

hbpdub
08-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Not yet, but soon to come. Budlight
MGD, Coors, Coors Origanal

Squirtcha?
08-20-2005, 08:08 PM
It looks to me that the sponsen has been repaired once before? Notice how the cracks look like glass snap rather then a tear. Stress points maybe from the repair? just asking if he had a repair to the nose or not.
Tim
I believe that was the case Tim. I seem to remember hearing about that after one of the FCs. I think that's why both sponsons/forks were black (different color from the rest of the boat)

RCB19
08-21-2005, 01:27 AM
A truely sad ending to a nice boat. Glad no one was hurt.

Wicked Performance Boats
08-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Rod came up to me right after he got out of the water and handed me his lifejacket and said "well, this is all that left, the boat went head first" He scratched his arm,is all and looked fine , Thank god that he wore his LIFEJACKET. It saved his life. I hope ALL start wearing them even the passengers. With that rough water at CBBB, I saw too many people going out without a jacket and bouncing all over the water.Our families need us, so, be safe and put on a LifeSaver. Julie :) :wink: :) :p

Squirtcha?
08-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Yup, the only time I didn't wear mine was when I had the little one with, and I knew I wasn't gonna run any faster than 35 mph. Probably should've been wearing it then too though.
Wearing the jackets (http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b5d634b3127cce985484a1a2ad00000017108AaNWzFizbNu )

Wicked Performance Boats
08-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Wear them all the time ,cuz there are so many Stu Pididiot's out there. :idea: Julie

olbiezer
08-21-2005, 12:01 PM
dan....u show off lol.......just pulling your chain......boat looks good this year with the new air scoop.....what else u do to it this year?????? got my barron up and running good after replacing the electronicslast month. its so hard to find decent water to test in around here.....still not bad compared to the water out your way.....wow never knew the colorado got so darn rough....later dude

Wicked Performance Boats
08-21-2005, 12:14 PM
dan....u show off lol.......just pulling your chain......boat looks good this year with the new air scoop.....what else u do to it this year?????? got my barron up and running good after replacing the electronicslast month. its so hard to find decent water to test in around here.....still not bad compared to the water out your way.....wow never knew the colorado got so darn rough....later dude
Did you just HIJACK this THREAD.?? :220v:, Now that's messed up!!!! :yuk: Julie

Wicked Performance Boats
08-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Nuting Futs, This hull was damaged in the left front sponson previously. rt side was perfect. I will check the right side again but it was a light layup boat. It was just stressed from submarining but will look again. Budlight

olbiezer
08-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Did you just HIJACK this THREAD.?? , Now that's messed up!!!! Julie
i beleave u hijecked it when u started the edititoral about the life jackets.....but its all good and i will stay out of it from now on.....

Wicked Performance Boats
08-21-2005, 08:13 PM
i beleave u hijecked it when u started the edititoral about the life jackets.....but its all good and i will stay out of it from now on.....
His lifejacket was all he came out of the water with and he handed it to me and telling about it and telling people to be safe IS NOT A HIJACK. :argue: It was part of what happen when his boat sank. Had he not had his jacket, who knows what would of happened to him.He is one of our best friends. :) Julie

Wicked Performance Boats
08-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Rod came up to me right after he got out of the water and handed me his lifejacket and said "well, this is all that left, the boat went head first" He scratched his arm,is all and looked fine , Thank god that he wore his LIFEJACKET. It saved his life. I hope ALL start wearing them even the passengers. With that rough water at CBBB, I saw too many people going out without a jacket and bouncing all over the water.Our families need us, so, be safe and put on a LifeSaver. Julie :) :wink: :) :p
OB, Is this what they call an editorial in MS? Looks to me to be a statement of informational facts! Budlight :D