PDA

View Full Version : Employment with Caterpiller

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 05:02 AM
Does anyone have any connections?
I´m moving back to Ca. or Az. in January. Cats web site is really not helping to much. I´ve been working for Cat in europe for 3 years and now its time to come home... :D :D

THOR
08-22-2005, 05:19 AM
What do you do? I work for Bobcat and have some connections depending on what you do.

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 05:23 AM
I´ve been through traning for everything from computer (ECM) to heavy drive train and hyd medium and high pressure. I also work on Bobcats here.

THOR
08-22-2005, 05:26 AM
I could have our head cheese call over to Cat in the Inland Empire if you like to see about mechanics positions. We are always hiring good mechanics too. There is also a Cat dealer in Vegas in case you were interested there too. We arent affiliated with Bobcat of Havasu but they are doing very well.

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 05:30 AM
I dont know what happend it posted before I was done. I do mostly engine and drivetrain work. Full rebuilds to service. My boss doesnt want me to leave so hes not helping much. The nice thing is that in 6 years of working on heavy equipment my record is still 0 backjobs (reworks).
Im hoping that my record alone will get me a good job fast.

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 05:31 AM
I could have our head cheese call over to Cat in the Inland Empire if you like to see about mechanics positions. We are always hiring good mechanics too. There is also a Cat dealer in Vegas in case you were interested there too. We arent affiliated with Bobcat of Havasu but they are doing very well.
Right now I have 2 sons and a wife to worry about so Im not going to be picky yet.

THOR
08-22-2005, 05:32 AM
I am sure it will. The dealer here is called "Quinn Sheperd" equipment. They are the local Cat dealer and seem to be busy. I personally work for south coast bobcat in Orange.

THOR
08-22-2005, 05:33 AM
So you live in Sweden now or Havasu?

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 05:37 AM
I live in Sweden now but only for a short while. Im selling everything now and then were out of here. I moved here from L.A. 4 years ago because my wife grew up here and her family is here.

THOR
08-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Well, let me know when and where you are going to land via pm. Also, if I can make a call or two, I will. What can it hurt.

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 05:45 AM
That would be great! If theres some people to talk to I will call from here it only costs about .02 per min international.
If I have to fly over to talk to someone I can do that too.
Send me a PM or I can call you when the time comes.
THANKS.
GARY.

Sigus
08-22-2005, 06:15 AM
If San Diego interest you, try Hawthorne CAT, They have also just purchased the rep handling the South Pacific. See if you can get a hold of Bob Mason. Good folks and they are always on the hunt for talent.
PM me if you are interested.

Sleek-Jet
08-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Check with Empire Cat here in AZ.
http://www.empire-cat.com/ehr/jobstrain.asp

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 09:24 AM
This is very helpful
THANKS,

djunkie
08-22-2005, 09:35 AM
I not sure if it is still this way but I remember when I was gonna go to work for Sheperd Cat that they didn't pay very well. Eveeryone I know that went there to work was just using them as a stepping stone. You get some great experience and it is a first class operation. Just wasn't enough money for me to make a decent living. I got a job at a truck shop that was a lot closer to where I live and I was making double what Cat would have paid me. Just my .02 :D

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 09:42 AM
It is a good stepping stone. I have had more training then most people see in a life time, but I still have a family to support and cant come back without a plan and security. I know that down the road I will have my own company but, right now its all about the wife and kids. (and the boat) :D

Sportin' Wood
08-22-2005, 11:11 AM
I live in Sweden now but only for a short while. Im selling everything now and then were out of here. I moved here from L.A. 4 years ago because my wife grew up here and her family is here.
Not to burst your bubble, but you do realize that the cost of housing has almost doubled in So Cal in the last 5 years, right? For example, the house we sold in 2000 for $155K is now going for $350K.
MMSW

THOR
08-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Yeh Hondo, you wont believe the price of housing in OC and Riverside. My buddy just bought an 1700 sf condo in Anaheim Hills that he had to repaint, carpet and fix up for 420K.
There is plenty of stuff in the inland empire still though.

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Believe me Im well aware of it. My Dad lives in Canyon Lake, Mom in Uptown Whittier and Grandparents in Havasu. Im lookin for that BIG crash in the market, Its happend before and it will happen again.
Ill just have to rent but, thats not much diffrent than an avg. house payment(small house) :squiggle:

THOR
08-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Housing in the IE isn't cheap anymore. My house has almost tripled in value in 6 years. You can't touch anything in my neighborhood for less than $500K.
See, there you go. Through the f'n roof. Good for you SWBob. Equity in 2-3 is sweet.

Dusty Times
08-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Empire Caterpillar in Kingman covers the Mohave County area including Bullhead, Havasu, Parker and part of CA.
They are one of the fastest growing areas of Cat and are hiring constantly to keep up with growth. PM me if you are interested in this area. We deal with them daily and their head guys son works for me

78Southwind
08-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Empire Caterpillar in Kingman covers the Mohave County area including Bullhead, Havasu, Parker and part of CA.
They are one of the fastest growing areas of Cat and are hiring constantly to keep up with growth. PM me if you are interested in this area. We deal with them daily and their head guys son works for me
This is the ticket Gary. Kingman and the Golden Valley area is growing but still affordable. :cool:

Jordy
08-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Check with Empire Cat here in AZ.
http://www.empire-cat.com/ehr/jobstrain.asp
I was going to say:
http://empire.cat.com/
My dad has been there for 33 years or so and it's been good to him. I'd work there, but he does, so I had to go to work for the competition and kick Empire's teeth in every chance I get, even after interviewing with them 8 times of so and being way more qualified than the other guys they were looking at. Gotta love nepetism. ;)

72 Hondo
08-22-2005, 08:15 PM
I was going to say:
My dad has been there for 33 years or so and it's been good to him. I'd work there, but he does, so I had to go to work for the competition and kick Empire's teeth in every chance I get, even after interviewing with them 8 times of so and being way more qualified than the other guys they were looking at. Gotta love nepetism. ;)
I worked for my dad off and on most of my life and everytime I say Ill never work for him again, I end up sitting in front of a CNC machine somehow. Doing this with him :boxingguy :hammerhea all day long.

Dusty Times
08-23-2005, 03:33 AM
I was going to say:
Not the first time I've heard this about Empire. Do you work for Detroit or something now?