PDA

View Full Version : Beached Boat Access?

Bryan Rose
08-22-2005, 02:46 PM
For all you big ballers out there, when you beach your boat what kind of steps or what have you, do you use to get in and out, and shuffle stuff off the front of the boat with out busting your ass or worse tearing up the bow ? I am asking about the V's i particular , it seems they have a higher bow than the cats do. This is in reference to a 28 foot offshore type boat. It seems like it will be kind of high to just hop up on for me even at 6'6" and especialy my wife...5'1" ( no rude coments please) LOL<> ANy help here?
Bryan

Dusty Times
08-22-2005, 02:54 PM
It's especially hard with the high bow of our Donzi. I've used a two step ladder made by (I believe) Rubbermaid. Very easy to carry onboard. You can buy them from almost any hardware store. I used it before with my 27'.
I will need to find a taller ladder now that my wife is very pregnant. It's kind of a jump for her now and we'll be camping at Mead for Labor Day.

ahhell
08-22-2005, 03:06 PM
we have a low front open bow, so access isnt too bad, but to save the gel we use a non skid rug ( bathroom type ) on the nose to prevent too much scratching...looks kinda funky, but no scratches :D

Bryan Rose
08-22-2005, 03:10 PM
we have a low front open bow, so access isnt too bad, but to save the gel we use a non skid rug ( bathroom type ) on the nose to prevent too much scratching...looks kinda funky, but no scratches :D
Sounds good but does it not hold sand from the beach?

ahhell
08-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Not to much, and its easy to dunk in the river/lake and wash it off...wifes idea!

Bryan Rose
08-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Not to much, and its easy to dunk in the river/lake and wash it off...wifes idea!
Cool

a catered life
08-22-2005, 03:48 PM
It's especially hard with the high bow of our Donzi. I've used a two step ladder made by (I believe) Rubbermaid. Very easy to carry onboard. You can buy them from almost any hardware store. I used it before with my 27'.
I will need to find a taller ladder now that my wife is very pregnant. It's kind of a jump for her now and we'll be camping at Mead for Labor Day.
we had the same ladder worked great left it at parker and now it a ice chest and the older kids got a 14 and 10 year old i make em work :D

termiteguy
08-22-2005, 08:36 PM
climb on and off of the back and swim around to the beach problem solved no ladder needed.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Problem Solved......
http://www.slideanchor.com/step.asp
Call and ask for Ryan.....
Later,
CJG
:D

Midlife Advantage
08-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Problem Solved......
http://www.slideanchor.com/step.asp
Call and ask for Ryan.....
Later,
CJG
Pretty cool lil device there Gibs, but I know for damn sure you wouldn't store one anywhere on your boat!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Pretty cool lil device there Gibs, but I know for damn sure you wouldn't store one anywhere on your boat!
Yes!.....You are absolutely correct!..... ;)
Unless I was to ever get a bigger closed bow boat..... :idea:
Which I REALLY would like someday..... ;)
Just got in from Havi....See you in the AM..... :sleeping:
Later,
CJG