PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elsinore and NJBA

MandDPerformance
08-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Make sure you sure you check this thread out in the just jets forum.

smalls
08-22-2005, 08:43 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89683

MandDPerformance
08-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks Smalls. You Da Man!!! :D

WILDERTHANU
08-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Nothing like being able to run 'em in your own backyard!!

superdave013
08-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Nothing like being able to run 'em in your own backyard!!
dude, I wish my yard was as green as that lake! :cool:

WILDERTHANU
08-23-2005, 02:47 PM
dude, I wish my yard was as green as that lake! :cool:
LOL, thats true. Good enough to race in though.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2358elsinore2005_001.jpg

MandDPerformance
08-23-2005, 05:02 PM
I would think that water should be fast. Green stuff is usually really slippery. Probably get really good "traction" as well. Remember the fuelers leaving at Puddingstone back in the day. The water was so thick they would nearly barrell roll at the start. Funky rooster tails toooo...... :skull:

johnmiller
08-23-2005, 05:19 PM
One big problem. All the land owners around and near the lake won't let it happen! I've seen this happen too often, even when racing was there first, example Lions drag strip.
The tennis and golf club tried to shut down Lake Ming, but thankfully LOST! even though drag racing was there first by 15 years!!!

Moneypitt
08-23-2005, 05:34 PM
How much is NJBA going to charge the racers to stay in trailers/motorhomes in the pits?? $50. like Ming?.......MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-23-2005, 06:45 PM
One big problem. All the land owners around and near the lake won't let it happen!
They had a race there 4 or 5 years ago.

BUSBY
08-23-2005, 06:49 PM
It can happen ... and hopefully will ... from the conversations I've had, it looks like the city would like to have us.

MandDPerformance
08-23-2005, 08:21 PM
One big problem. All the land owners around and near the lake won't let it happen!
What's wrong; you afraid all the tweakers, " well not everyone," on the west side are going screw there batches up because of a little drag boat noise.
Elsinore is quite a bit different than Ming. NO Tennis clubs near bye that's for sure. Just a bunch of good timing people who I am sure would re-welcome the sport. They've even got a fairly new MX park within a few miles. :messedup:
Jerry;
That race you're talking about was great. A wonderful boat count and spectators as well. I think it's a win win.

Bt273
08-23-2005, 08:26 PM
It can happen ... and hopefully will ... from the conversations I've had, it looks like the city would like to have us.
SO would that be the new home for njba,or just a coupleof races,it's a long haul for nor-cal guys.

MandDPerformance
08-23-2005, 08:35 PM
I think Busby's talking part time but I'm not exactly sure.

johnmiller
08-24-2005, 07:26 AM
What's wrong; you afraid all the tweakers, " well not everyone," on the west side are going screw there batches up because of a little drag boat noise.
Elsinore is quite a bit different than Ming. NO Tennis clubs near bye that's for sure. Just a bunch of good timing people who I am sure would re-welcome the sport. They've even got a fairly new MX park within a few miles. :messedup:
That sounds great! I hope you're correct! Other places haven't been that lucky. I've only been to Elsiner one time, back in March when Hot Boat took pictures of my 18' Miller wood deck. If you look at the article in August issue, you'll see GREEN water. Big deal, won't hurt a thing, and won't slow you down.

superdave013
08-24-2005, 07:33 AM
That sounds great! I hope you're correct! Other places haven't been that lucky. I've only been to Elsiner one time, back in March when Hot Boat took pictures of my 18' Miller wood deck. If you look at the article in August issue, you'll see GREEN water. Big deal, won't hurt a thing, and won't slow you down.
I was just kidding about the green water. Well not kidding I guess because as you know it gets really really green and I do wish my lawn looked that way. ;) I did not race at the last NJBA event there but I was out on the lake with my flat that weekend. I did go over there to check things out.
It was not bad for the first event there. Bring some shade as there is not a tree or blade of grass to be had in that area. But it could be a very very cool deal.
Hey BT273, Red Bluff and chowchow are both long huals for the so cal guys too.

Riverkid
08-24-2005, 07:55 AM
We ski on that lake quite a bit. The smooth side is opposite from the channel. In the afternoons the wind seems to always come up and the side of the lake the channel is on is the bumpy side. Just so long as you could figure out a way to cut the rollers from entering the channel from the main lake, you'd have a real nice course over there. Wish you luck. We'd all love to come watch races in our local area again. Keep us posted on your progress. :)

Scotty
08-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Jerry;
That race you're talking about was great. A wonderful boat count and spectators as well. I think it's a win win.
TONY you know you can cook through anything why cant you neighbors do the same.. Stop your crying and go make some money or collect so i can buy a new toy...

MandDPerformance
08-24-2005, 03:46 PM
TONY you know you can cook through anything why cant you neighbors do the same.. Stop your crying and go make some money or collect so i can buy a new toy...
Pro Mod????? :)

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
08-24-2005, 05:51 PM
to far for nor-cal.............doesnt nor-cal still hold more records than so-cal???????????????

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-24-2005, 05:55 PM
to far for nor-cal.............doesnt nor-cal still hold more records than so-cal???????????????
Why don't you go ahead and list the ones you know of and I'll try and fill in the rest and we'll count 'em. :cool:

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
08-24-2005, 06:37 PM
im asking video boy..........................do they or not...and we aint talking circle boats. :cool:

WILDERTHANU
08-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Depends how you're looking at it, lets just say PRO GAS FLAT....
(N.J.B.A)
Jeff Martin 7.17 et
Tony Scarlata 146.65 mph
(I.H.B.A.)
Tony Scarlata 7.50 et
Jeff Martin 142.74 mph

Monkey Bung
08-24-2005, 08:55 PM
I thought Jeff got into the 6sss???

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-24-2005, 09:38 PM
im asking video boy..........................do they or not...and we aint talking circle boats. :cool:
Well Mrs. slow ass d'marco, why don't we talk circle boats? are you too skeered to run 5 miles in shit water? don't answer that I've seen you run in perfectly smooth water when you couldn't even hit 50, then the bungster went out and drove your boat for you. boy :sleeping: (who wants to see the vid?)
stupid questions deserve stupid answers :notam:

WILDERTHANU
08-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I thought Jeff got into the 6sss???
Jeff's ran as quick as 6.98 @ 153. Its not the record though.

O.B eddie
08-25-2005, 05:42 AM
Well Mrs. slow ass d'marco, why don't we talk circle boats? are you too skeered to run 5 miles in shit water? don't answer that I've seen you run in perfectly smooth water when you couldn't even hit 50, then the bungster went out and drove your boat for you. boy :sleeping: (who wants to see the vid?)
Oh Jerry I would pay to see the video of that!! Come on post her up.. Hee Haww for the video ;)

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
08-25-2005, 05:50 AM
Oh Jerry,
try being on the other side of the camera for once......it also sounds like you have something faster,wanna race now????got a boat? wanna run??..im not talking about 400 camera speed either....only requirement is that it has to be your own boat...OKAAAY!....running 5 miles in shit water,doesnt do nothing for me.

Jetboatguru
08-25-2005, 06:00 AM
Rock Bottom-
definition: The lowest form of ilk you have reached when you are such a putz and have to resort to calling out the video guy to a race.

smalls
08-25-2005, 06:38 AM
Ouch!

superdave013
08-25-2005, 07:07 AM
Depends how you're looking at it, lets just say PRO GAS FLAT....
(N.J.B.A)
Jeff Martin 7.17 et
Tony Scarlata 146.65 mph
(I.H.B.A.)
Tony Scarlata 7.50 et
Jeff Martin 142.74 mph
:boxingguy :boxingguy :boxingguy
That was some good stuff back then. Oh, didn't NJBA toss out those records so the slow boys could play?

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
08-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Rock Bottom-
definition: The lowest form of ilk you have reached when you are such a putz and have to resort to calling out the video guy to a race.
ROCK BOTTOM
I GUESS YOU DIDNT READ HIS POST.....SO GO SIGN SOME AUTOGRAPHS.

Cs19
08-25-2005, 07:37 AM
LOL @ Rock bottom.
Who is this cat?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-25-2005, 07:40 AM
Oh Jerry,
try being on the other side of the camera for once......it also sounds like you have something faster,wanna race now????got a boat? wanna run??..im not talking about 400 camera speed either....only requirement is that it has to be your own boat...OKAAAY!....running 5 miles in shit water,doesnt do nothing for me.
I have 2 boats sizzle chest! I'll be happy to give you a shot but since you're a nobody you don't get to set the requirements. Who ever has the most seat time actually racing (between you and I) sets the rules. Sound resonable? Good!
So heres the requirements, we drag race 8 times connected by 8 turns in one race to the finish. The straights will be 1/2 mile long and we will run in Parker, AZ Thanksgiving weekend at the scsc sanction. Get yourself a physical if you haven't allready.
I'm pretty sure your too much much of a pussy to back up your "call out" :shift: Also, you can race any boat you want, your 50 mile an hour pos or OB eddies sanger I don't care.
This is video boy....
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Me.jpg
and btw, we race in traffic....
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Me%20001.jpg

Jetboatguru
08-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Suicycole Dimarco
Definition; Comes from the latin term meaning chumpaholic extraordinaire. Dude who took 18 years to build a yellow boat that ran like piss. named the boat "HIRED GUN" because he needed one to tame the wild monster :sleeping: :sleeping: Can be found polluting other forums with his blubbering jibberish. Can be used as a adjective: This chump is such a cheeseball he is Suicycole Dimarco.

Carnivalride
08-25-2005, 08:57 AM
That was some good stuff back then. Oh, didn't NJBA toss out those records so the slow boys could play?
What good are records if they throw them out at will? :eek: :eek:

Moneypitt
08-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Tony, you don't have to "sugar coat" your opinions here, just let it hang out buddy..........MP

FLYTE RISK
08-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Wow, someones gittin smacked around.. Hey Jerry I for one would like to see the video puuuullleeeeeaaassseee post!! :D

ColeTR2
08-25-2005, 11:36 AM
I had to go back a page to see where this thread took a turn to the left!! LOL!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Wow, someones gittin smacked around.. Hey Jerry I for one would like to see the video puuuullleeeeeaaassseee post!! :D
Look for a new thread coming soon! :messedup:

msmeads1
08-25-2005, 06:11 PM
ouch !!!!!
Jerry, I did not think you had that in you? :cool:

Monkey Bung
08-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Sui...DEFEND YOURSELF!!! or get CircleBoat Kid. Nevermined he doesn't have anythig that runs anyway! :p

Sangster
08-25-2005, 09:44 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0061.gif......

circleboatKIDD
08-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Bung you keep poping off and Ive told once and ill tell you again the boats sittin in the garage :D , anytime youd like to come on bye an get a look at her go ahead big guy.

Rexone
08-26-2005, 12:48 AM
you'll see GREEN water. Big deal, won't hurt a thing, and won't slow you down.
I don't agree. When we ski raced there (and Clear lake in the green areas) and tested, the boats were noticibly slower than non green (algae infested) water. Perhaps the drag boats react differently to that soup but it is definately stickier than clean water. Just my experience. Won't affect racing but boats won't be as quick IMO.
More racing venues are always a good thing though, green or not. Hope it works out.

BILLY.B
08-26-2005, 05:48 AM
I had to go back a page to see where this thread took a turn to the left!! LOL!This is quickly turning into a dmontzsta / Kimmy Hanson battle of wits. Sad thing is someone's getting it handed to him with no defense. And Tony cut to the chase......How do you really feel???. I can't believe the hostility :hammer2: , it's so unlike you :D :D

dmontzsta
08-26-2005, 06:04 AM
This is quickly turning into a dmontzsta / Kimmy Hanson battle of wits.
Thats a battle that will probably never be finished. ;)

MandDPerformance
08-26-2005, 11:32 AM
And Tony cut to the chase......How do you really feel???. I can't believe the hostility :hammer2: , it's so unlike you :D :D
Ha Ha Ha Ha. LOL. Bling Bling :)

77charger
08-26-2005, 04:04 PM
every boat i have driven at elsinore has gone about 2-3 mph slower than at the river.

Sangerboy
08-26-2005, 04:04 PM
This is quickly turning into a dmontzsta / Kimmy Hanson battle of wits.
A battle in which each side lacks any weapons would pretty much go on forever :sleeping: :sleeping: