PDA

View Full Version : Squirtin Oil

Tresguey
08-23-2005, 08:25 AM
i was at the lake yesterday with a buddy and we were on a mission making a lot of WOT passes making sure everthing seemed to be running well before i start painting it. in the middle of one of the passes i noticed my buddy grab the back of his neck and signaled me to kill it. i looked back and smoke was everywhere. i took a quick glance at oil pressure and water temp. they were 45 lbs. at 160 degrees on the water. i don't have a oil temp gauge yet but am planning on installing one. what happened was the dipstick backed out just enough for the oil to squirt out like a squirt gun. hot oil everywhere!!! is this normal and is there a way i prevent this from happening again? when cool the oil pressure is 40 at idle and 80 at WOT.

Ultra Compulsive
08-23-2005, 08:30 AM
sounds like block pressure from all your wot passes

Tresguey
08-23-2005, 09:43 AM
so now i have to put a crank breather on?

sidewound
08-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I think almost everybody runs some sort of crankcase ventilation.
I run a PCV valve and a breather on my rocker box. No oil pukage problems with my olds yet.
Peace Man! :cool:
CESAR

Tresguey
08-23-2005, 01:09 PM
i thought i had enough breathing with a breather out of each valve cover into a puke tank.

Slacker
08-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Could be a couple of things .. going through the same problem myself ... if you want look on the search threads and look up Puke Tank .. PCV breather or oil breather .There are mutiple threads on here that talk about a couple of different ideas and remedies.. Good luck CT

MikeF
08-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Check post #3 (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88196&highlight=dip+stick+tube)

rvrpig
08-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Are You Runing A Hi Flow Oil Pump?

Tresguey
08-23-2005, 04:39 PM
now checking that other post makes me wonder. the guy i bought the boat from told me it had a 14 quart oil pan. i have a dual remote oil filter on it. when i filled the oil i stopped at 8 just in case. checked the level and it did not even readwhen i got to 12 it read a quart low added another quart and it made it half way it took 14 to make it to the full mark then i added two more for the filters fired her up ran for a few seconds checked the oil and it was on the money right at the full line. so how am i supposed to know how much oil to use? :hammerhea

Statue
08-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Stop wasting our time and your money on that motorhome engine. It pukes oil because it was designed for a truck. Sounds like it's time to step up and install a MERC!!!!! Roost are cool, noise is cool, but 2.0L domination is even cooler. Isn't that engine a 7.4L????? Seems like it would beat my little V6......
Ha HAH!!!

SmokinLowriderSS
08-23-2005, 05:40 PM
I think almost everybody runs some sort of crankcase ventilation.
I run a PCV valve and a breather on my rocker box. No oil pukage problems with my olds yet.
Peace Man! :cool:
CESAR
I'm running a pcv RH & a breather cap LH. I'd advise running a PCV, that way the engine itself helps to heep the pressure from building up by constantly sucking the blowby fumes out of the block.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Guess now would not be a good time to mention how many 300HP v-6's my 7.4L has outrun. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Quite a lot of them actually.

Statue
08-23-2005, 05:47 PM
I saw that pontoon boat that you raced!!!! 300hp. That is impressive, what is the displacement on that 300? 2.5 or 3.0?
Your boat is 7.4 it should beat all of them!!!!Wonder how it would do against a set of twins, still less displacement. Nevermind, I know how it would go.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-23-2005, 06:03 PM
300hp. That is impressive, what is the displacement on that 300? 2.5 or 3.0?
Your boat is 7.4 it should beat all of them!!!!Wonder how it would do against a set of twins, still less displacement. Nevermind, I know how it would go.
3.0 huh! Take you wacker a$$ where it belongs..........back to the wacker forums!!! Dont come in here talking $hit to someone that is looking for help you JACKASS!!!!!!!!! :eat: :eat: http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/supergay.gifhttp://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/twak.gifhttp://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/kickballs.gif
im out!

Statue
08-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Yea, pipe down their rubbaneck! I also own a jet boat and the person with the problem is my buddy. I was the one in the boat getting squirted by the oil. Since I own both styles of boats, I think my "whacker ass" is entitled to an opinion! Like I said, Jet boats are cool, but outboards are hands down pound for pound better engines! Why does that upset you so much? maybe you've been worked by a few too many of them? Just a thought.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Yea, pipe down their rubbaneck! I also own a jet boat and the person with the problem is my buddy. I was the one in the boat getting squirted by the oil. Since I own both styles of boats, I think my "whacker ass" is entitled to an opinion! Like I said, Jet boats are cool, but outboards are hands down pound for pound better engines! Why does that upset you so much? maybe you've been worked by a few too many of them? Just a thought.
All right assclown, you never told anyone that you guys are buds. I just hate when someone bashes someone new trying to learn. I was backing him up whacka boy! Who cares about your pound for pound shit! We can run holeshot and you will get smoked all day! Now take tha wacka back to the bar and blend us some margaritas :D :D Oh and by the way, i havent been worked by a whacker yet`! Ive been looking for lawnmower man lately but none have come up to me!

Statue
08-23-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm your huckleberry!!!!! Do you live in Socal? I'll run you anytime this week at elsinore or perris if your game?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-23-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm your huckleberry!!!!! Do you live in Socal? I'll run you anytime this week at elsinore or perris if your game?
I live in mesa,az!!! Look under my atavar....DUH! Ill run ya;) Always looking to play with lawnmower man! This aint a jet vs. waka thread bro! Its a tech thread. So take your wacka back to the bench racing forum........

Statue
08-23-2005, 06:47 PM
On that note, it's time to let it go. However, I'll be in phoenix the week around the 20th of next month. I might be up for a friendly run at roosevelt lake?

Tresguey
08-23-2005, 06:47 PM
LMAO ok you guys done yet? anyways would cutting the dipstick tube down at the bottom help? i really dont think there is too much oil in it. i mean the dipstick reads correctly so why would there be too much oil? :)

sidewound
08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Frikin stapon gullies always wanna prove sumpin. Maybe cause their moto sounds like a moped instead of a real engine. :wink: :wink:
Don't futz wit me bro 396 or he'll be givin that blender a well deserved shower. U2! :2purples:
HE HE HE
PM :cool:
C

Statue
08-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Dude, whatever!!! Read the earlier comments. i already said that BB's sound cool. I care more about performance than sound though so that's how I made MY choice! What's it like to lose to a moped engine anyway? You have no idea how many LOUD V8's I have been around. I am in the header business so noise doesn't impress me a whole lot. A 180hp Chevy target 350 sounds pretty mean with open headers, but so what?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-23-2005, 07:15 PM
On that note, it's time to let it go. However, I'll be in phoenix the week around the 20th of next month. I might be up for a friendly run at roosevelt lake?
No problem;) just holla at me and we can play;) After we run just toss a few cold ones and Ill trow a few back;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Frikin stapon gullies always wanna prove sumpin. Maybe cause their moto sounds like a moped instead of a real engine. :wink: :wink:
Don't futz wit me bro 396 or he'll be givin that blender a well deserved shower. U2! :2purples:
HE HE HE
PM :cool:
C
Showers are nice;) I gave one to a couple of guys a few weeks ago in a gayliner but they kindly asked me. I said it will hurt but they insisted;) I told them when we got in the no wake zone that they were flippin crazy. They said that I had some serious nozzle pressure but it felt good. It was all in fun though.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Dude, whatever!!! Read the earlier comments. i already said that BB's sound cool. I care more about performance than sound though so that's how I made MY choice! What's it like to lose to a moped engine anyway? You have no idea how many LOUD V8's I have been around. I am in the header business so noise doesn't impress me a whole lot. A 180hp Chevy target 350 sounds pretty mean with open headers, but so what?
please tell me that a outboard can out run a blown alcohol flattie! Nope,never, not in this life time;) pound for pound yes outboars move the mail but big blocks with straight dry headers sound and look good;)

bakerjet
08-23-2005, 07:41 PM
ok, the girls like big loud monster motors not little squirrel cage whackers and thats all that matters :crossx:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-23-2005, 07:52 PM
ok, the girls like big loud monster motors not little squirrel cage whackers and thats all that matters :crossx:
lol :D :D :D

Statue
08-23-2005, 07:55 PM
"please tell me that a outboard can out run a blown alcohol flattie!"
My company owns a Top Fuel Dragster and it hauls ass too. But, 99.9% of Jets are not blown alcohol flatt bottoms just as most big block drag cars are not Top Fuel class! Yes with enough money you can win. I speak in general terms, in general my Merc beats your Chevy or Ford. It is the exception that makes the rule and maybe you are that exception, who knows? If you have a blown alcohol flatt bottom, hats off to you. Most people who "talk" do just that, TALK!.

bakerjet
08-23-2005, 08:11 PM
"please tell me that a outboard can out run a blown alcohol flattie!"
My company owns a Top Fuel Dragster and it hauls ass too. But, 99.9% of Jets are not blown alcohol flatt bottoms just as most big block drag cars are not Top Fuel class! Yes with enough money you can win. I speak in general terms, in general my Merc beats your Chevy or Ford. It is the exception that makes the rule and maybe you are that exception, who knows? If you have a blown alcohol flatt bottom, hats off to you. Most people who "talk" do just that, TALK!.
if your company owns a top fuel dragster then why would your buddy come here for crank psi problems? maybe..... you just work there! :D

Statue
08-23-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm the Sales Manager for the company not the crew chief. My comment was simply stating that with enough financial backing you can go very fast!!!! Again "generally" speaking most people don't have "serious" race vehicles. 396 made a ridiculous comment about an almost unrealistic boat (for most people) so I was trying to make a point.
On a serious note though, why are people in the Just Jets form so anti "whacker"? It really seems that there is a lot of animosity toward them.
Don't quite understand it......

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm the Sales Manager for the company not the crew chief. My comment was simply stating that with enough financial backing you can go very fast!!!! Again "generally" speaking most people don't have "serious" race vehicles. 396 made a ridiculous comment about an almost unrealistic boat (for most people) so I was trying to make a point.
On a serious note though, why are people in the Just Jets form so anti "whacker"? It really seems that there is a lot of animosity toward them.
Don't quite understand it......
I dont run a alcohol motor, not even close.Thats in my wish book;) I got a stock 454 in my jetboat :D :D :D nothing serioious 325hp :D :D :D LOL

bakerjet
08-23-2005, 08:32 PM
i was at the lake yesterday with a buddy and we were on a mission making a lot of WOT passes making sure everthing seemed to be running well before i start painting it. in the middle of one of the passes i noticed my buddy grab the back of his neck and signaled me to kill it. i looked back and smoke was everywhere. i took a quick glance at oil pressure and water temp. they were 45 lbs. at 160 degrees on the water. i don't have a oil temp gauge yet but am planning on installing one. what happened was the dipstick backed out just enough for the oil to squirt out like a squirt gun. hot oil everywhere!!! is this normal and is there a way i prevent this from happening again? when cool the oil pressure is 40 at idle and 80 at WOT.
make sure your dipstick has a good grip on the tube when you push it in haha but i am serious you may just need a new dipstick.

bakerjet
08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Don't quite understand it......[/QUOTE]
my girl thinks they are wimpy thats why. :p

Statue
08-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Here's my wealth of knowledge....... The boat still doesn't run, I'm tired of F***ing with it, so I found a marine shop in Huntington that will install a new motor and rebuild the pump for 4K with a 2 year warranty. I plan to take it in next month. I don't have a bad attitude at all, I posted a joking response to friends thread and some YAHOO jumped my ass about it! Of course my Merc is faster than my ford, running or not, the ford is just a jet. The boat daycruiser should be turn key by the end of September. We'll see.....
Oh, and that lame statement about the "blown alcohol flattie" was made by 396, I was simply quoting and replying to it. Read the post before commenting.