PDA

View Full Version : DCB Mach 26

dcb4life
12-17-2001, 10:22 PM
I have a 2001 DCB mach 26 with twin 300 Pro Maxs. I've ran 106 mph at Lake Havasu last summer, but I'm wondering if they're any other mods to increse speed. I have to sets of Merc lab finished props, but can't seem to get any faster. I'm, not willing to switch to a blown engine because I know first hand that getting towed isn't fun. Outboards are the way to go because I see to many blown tunnels getting towed while I fly by with my reliable, warrantied outboards

Havasu Secret
12-18-2001, 08:26 AM
DCB4Life,
You should talk to Dave at DCB. This is the God at dialing in his hulls and setups. He may even come down to Havasu to help you out first hand. That's the kind of guy Dave is, he's amazing and very cool.

Havasu Secret
12-18-2001, 08:36 AM
DCB4Life,
You may also want to try upgrading your air intake system. Check out Burcato's stackable velocity system for the Merc 300. They have made a substantial improvements in top end as well as hole shots on a few of my friends boats. They are however... a little pricey especially since you'll have to but two. Check out Brucato at brucatosvs.com they have all the specs on before and after with a 300 setup.
Good Luck!!!
[This message has been edited by Havasu Secret (edited December 20, 2001).]

Havasu Secret
12-18-2001, 08:39 AM
My spelling SUCKS today!!!

MrHavasuCat
12-18-2001, 03:34 PM
dcb4life,
It is kind of funny, I had a Mach 26 last year with outboards and got tired of getting towed in when they broke every trip. I went with a blown Mach 26 and the thing has ran almost flawlessly (sp).

dcb4life
12-18-2001, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
dcb4life,
It is kind of funny, I had a Mach 26 last year with outboards and got tired of getting towed in when they broke every trip. I went with a blown Mach 26 and the thing has ran almost flawlessly (sp).
What kind of outboards did you have? Merc 2.5's? Doesn't seem right

MACH26
12-18-2001, 06:05 PM
dcb4life,
I have a Mach26 with 300's, the people you need to talk to is Lakeland Marine at 928-453-1155. I will tell you that 106 pretty close to the max. My dad has a Mach 26 also, he had his bottom bluprinted and that was good for another 3-4mph. I've never had a chance to GPS mine but 106 was the best my tattle tale speedo has ever been stuck on. Also, the 300's really don't come alive until after they've got 20 hours on them. I haven't had a chance to make another light load cold weather speed pass to see if it got better, but the thottle response is definitely better.
Mach26

Jrocket
12-18-2001, 07:38 PM
Mach26...What color is your boat?I saw a real nice DCB down at Lakeland Marine last summer.Just wondering if it might be yours.I think he was a younger guy,and was waiting on some back ordered cleaver props.Just curious......JR

dcb4life
12-18-2001, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket:
Mach26...What color is your boat?I saw a real nice DCB down at Lakeland Marine last summer.Just wondering if it might be yours.I think he was a younger guy,and was waiting on some back ordered cleaver props.Just curious......JR
My DCB has a blue and yellow scheme with a grey windshield. You might have seen it at lakeland, because it was there for months while they were replacing the whole head on one of the engines. The young guy could have been my sone

MrHavasuCat
12-19-2001, 10:44 AM
I had 2.5 offshores. One motor came from the factory with a computer problem which finally took mercury flying a tech out from wisconsin 2 months to fix in the middle of the summer. The motor would decide not to start if it did not feel like it. This motor also was delivered with one of the water pickups not drilled out (talk about quality control).
The other motor kept breaking gear cases and prop shafts. I had parts literally falling off the boat such as swim steps and interior pieces. The amp for my stereo was also destroyed because of vibration. They finally traced the problem to a bent crankshaft in this other motor. I finally had enough and Dave took the boat back.
I was just wondering if you obtained your speeds on gps or radar? the best my boat ran was 106, and that was very light on fuel with just my girlfriend and I in very cool weather (febuary). I know the 2.5's run a little faster that the 300's. I talked to a guy out at Havasu with the 300x's and he said he was getting 108. I have ran against two outboard Mach 26's with my blower boat and spanked them both. One had 2.5's and the other had 300's. I pulled the one with 300's harder than the one with 2.5's. The best I have seen on my current boat was 105 on gps, and the speedo reads about 4 mph faster (this was with 4 persons on board, but light on fuel). I am still playing with props though and should be good for a little more with the right prop and a light load.
[This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited December 19, 2001).]

dcb4life
12-19-2001, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
I had 2.5 offshores. One motor came from the factory with a computer problem which finally took mercury flying a tech out from wisconsin 2 months to fix in the middle of the summer. The motor would decide not to start if it did not feel like it. This motor also was delivered with one of the water pickups not drilled out (talk about quality control).
The other motor kept breaking gear cases and prop shafts. I had parts literally falling off the boat such as swim steps and interior pieces. The amp for my stereo was also destroyed because of vibration. They finally traced the problem to a bent crankshaft in this other motor. I finally had enough and Dave took the boat back.
I was just wondering if you obtained your speeds on gps or radar? the best my boat ran was 106, and that was very light on fuel with just my girlfriend and I in very cool weather (febuary). I know the 2.5's run a little faster that the 300's. I talked to a guy out at Havasu with the 300x's and he said he was getting 108. I have ran against two outboard Mach 26's with my blower boat and spanked them both. One had 2.5's and the other had 300's. I pulled the one with 300's harder than the one with 2.5's. The best I have seen on my current boat was 105 on gps, and the speedo reads about 4 mph faster (this was with 4 persons on board, but light on fuel). I am still playing with props though and should be good for a little more with the right prop and a light load.
[This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited December 19, 2001).]
Sounds like you have a sweet setup with the blown DCB. I'm just biased for some reason about outboards, don't ask me why. As far as top speed, I have a Garmin GPS which I obtained 105.7 mph. This was in September, so the engines weren't running too hot, I was also using Merc 4 blade lab finished cleavers. What size engine do u have in the Mach? 509? Seems about right for the speed you're getting. It's the 150 HP you have over the 300's. What kind of drive do u have? Broken any? That was my problem.By the way, what color is your Mach? Ive probably seen u at the river.
Kevin

MrHavasuCat
12-20-2001, 08:50 AM
I have a blown Blosdale 510 running 9# boost (about 750-800 hp). The standard setup 510 has been dynoed at about 750 hp but I have done some valve train upgrades and am not sure how much hp I gained. I am running an xr drive currently with 1.35's, previously with 1.50's. I have had no problems with the drive at all. My boat is white with red, black, and grey gel. It has a scoop that matches the gel. the name is "psycho therapy".
The speeds you are getting out of your 300's is very good. I know one of the other mach's at Havasu with 300's runs between 95-100 mph. Those 4 blade cleavers must be the ticket. My 2.5's seemed to like 3 blade lab merc cleavers the best. I had some lightning et's as well but they hurt my top end. Good luck with the boat, I will see you at the lake.

MACH26
12-20-2001, 06:54 PM
My boat is Yellow/Grey/Purple one. I guess I'm on the younger side(23 yrs old), it has the same scheme as Mr. Havasucat's old Mach26. So if you ever see me, no it isn't my dad's boat, I'm tired of being asked that http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif.

MACH26
12-20-2001, 07:03 PM
Forgot to tell you, Dave did a set of lab 34 pitch 4 blades for me and they work sweeeeet! I had tried everything from bravos to the choppers and nothing can touch these.