PDA

View Full Version : Help,need Trimetric Foot Pedal Part Swtd , Southwind

atxwrangler
08-23-2005, 06:52 PM
PLEASE HELP, I NEED ONE FINAL, HARD FOR ME TO FIND PART TO THE TRIMETRIC FOOT PEDAL ON MY SOUTHWIND. I NEED THE LITTLE PART THAT HOLDS THE CABLE IN PLACE,AND THE SPRING.IF ANY ONE KNOWS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT, YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF WHERE I CAN FIND THIS,WOULD GGGGREATLY APPRECIATED! :skull:

atxwrangler
08-24-2005, 06:44 AM
does anyone have any idea what i;m talkin about? :cry:

disco_charger
08-24-2005, 08:15 AM
I know what you're talking about, but I've never seen one that wasn't already in a Southwind TD.

sleekcrafter
08-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Now are you talkin the set screw and jamm nut?
or the linkage end? either one can be found at McMasterCarr, or one of the fine marine suppliers on the board here.
good luck, your almost there! Sleek

atxwrangler
08-24-2005, 06:47 PM
it is a short 3" round piece, with a hole where the cable goes through and a set screw in the end to hold the cable still in place. :supp:

atxwrangler
08-24-2005, 07:28 PM
http://www.arsmarine.com/Accessories/FootThrottlrPush.jpg in this picture i just found, it is the 3" straight round thing that the cable goes through before it reaches the pedal. i found this on ars marine's site, i will be callin them tomorrow! :skull:

Oldsquirt
08-24-2005, 07:49 PM
I've got a pedal assembly from RexMarine that looks about the same, so you might try them as well.

atxwrangler
08-25-2005, 04:41 AM
thanks, old squirt,at least now i have a picture to explain what the hell im lookin for! :D

superdave013
08-25-2005, 05:28 AM
it is a short 3" round piece, with a hole where the cable goes through and a set screw in the end to hold the cable still in place. :supp:
If you have a drill and a few taps that would be easy to make. Just a thought.

atxwrangler
08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
I CONTACTED GEORGE AT ARS TODAY, HE WAS ALL ABOUT HELPING A BROTHER HOT BOATER OUT.I WAS AFRAID THAT HE COULD NOT SELL THE PARTS BY THEMSELVES ,WITHOUT BUYING THE WHOLE THROTTLE ASSEMBLY.HE TOLD ME THE FACTORY WOULD NOT SPLIT IT UP, BUT HE WOULD BECAUSE I NEEDED THE PART SO BAD.WHAT A GUY, HE,S A CLASS ACT, THANKS ARS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF FELLOW HOT BOATERS! :D :lightsabe :D :lightsabe :D :lightsabe :D :lightsabe :D :lightsabe