PDA

View Full Version : 350 magnum 2-bolt main?

Mike Lindberg
03-03-2002, 05:07 PM
I just pulled the pan on my 92 350 mag. and found it to be a 2-bolt main.I bought the boat new,and the merc. serial# on the tag shows it to be a 350 mag. It is a roller cam,but i'm almost positive the Merc. sales literature said it was a 4-bolt main with forged pistons. All I got was a roller cam and squarebore Weber(Carter) for an extra $2000? Incidentally,I checked the GM block number stamped above the bell housing,and it is a current no. in the GM performance parts catalog which shows it to be a heavy duty 350 4-bolt main.What gives? Who screwed me,GM or Merc. or am I S.O.L.

Sandbar Mike
03-05-2002, 07:00 AM
Hey Mike,
Where did you buy the boat?
What is it?
I think the boat manufacturer f**kt you, unless you bought and installed the Engine yourself.

Mike Lindberg
03-05-2002, 09:52 PM
I bought it from Major's Marine in Portland,OR. It's a Blue Water 20'Monte Carlo open bow.Not likely the dealer is responsible,as they just install the power package as delivered.It is in fact a 350 mag,but I wish I still had the Mercruiser performance brochure from '92. Either GM misrepresented to Merc or Merc misrepresented to the public.The local performance shop said all 350 mags are 2-bolt. I gotta say I'm furious about not getting what I thought I had all along! Any Mercruiser reps. out there that can shed some light on this?

CV-23
03-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Factory SB merCruisers were always 2 bolt mains according to Dennis Moore's book. All 350's have a roller cam since '87/'88. The Mag may have a forged crank and bigger (maybe) roller cam and a taller high-rise intake. The Q-jets were set up with richer secondary metering rods for more flow....Mike.