PDA

View Full Version : I am a nice person.

Mandelon
08-24-2005, 12:25 PM
I just heard from a kid I knew in High School. We were neighbors in Pasadena, I moved to go to SDSU and he came to San Diego and mooched off of me an my room mates for a while. We kept him from starving and tried to help him get a job.
When I moved out he was living in the laundry shed out back..... I haven't heard from him in literally 20 years....he emails me yesterday out of the blue.
He is married, has a kid and job....he turned out "normal" LOL There is hope for loser druggie friends....
Here is what he sent to me today:
It was great talking with you this morning. I know you're busy so I tried to squeeze in as much info as I could before you had to go. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit excited but I have always hoped our paths would cross again. I never got the chance to truly thank you for everything you've done for me. I don't know where I would have ended up sometimes if you weren't there for me. You took me in when I had no place to go. You put up with my drug habits, covered my bills, and bought me food. It took me forever to pay you back but I felt such a great relief when I did. You have had such a big impact on my life. I never wanted to end up on the streets with no future. I'm glad that I got my shit together and didn't let the drugs win. I just can't say enough about you and I am definitely a better person for having known you.
Glad to know he turned out alright..... :chi:

Red Eye
08-24-2005, 12:27 PM
maybe he needs more money :smile:

Wet Dream
08-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Even I didn't know you were that nice. I'm glad he got the chance to tell you thanks. ;)

topless
08-24-2005, 12:28 PM
I just heard from a kid I knew in High School. We were neighbors in Pasadena, I moved to go to SDSU and he came to San Diego and mooched off of me an my room mates for a while. We kept him from starving and tried to help him get a job.
When I moved out he was living in the laundry shed out back..... I haven't heard from him in literally 20 years....he emails me yesterday out of the blue.
He is married, has a kid and job....he turned out "normal" LOL There is hope for loser druggie friends....
Here is what he sent to me today:
It was great talking with you this morning. I know you're busy so I tried to squeeze in as much info as I could before you had to go. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit excited but I have always hoped our paths would cross again. I never got the chance to truly thank you for everything you've done for me. I don't know where I would have ended up sometimes if you weren't there for me. You took me in when I had no place to go. You put up with my drug habits, covered my bills, and bought me food. It took me forever to pay you back but I felt such a great relief when I did. You have had such a big impact on my life. I never wanted to end up on the streets with no future. I'm glad that I got my shit together and didn't let the drugs win. I just can't say enough about you and I am definitely a better person for having known you.
Glad to know he turned out alright..... :chi:He sent me the same email. I think he wants something.

RiverDave
08-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Sounds to me like Mandy typed an e-mail to himself to make himself feel better about firing some poor schlep with 3 kids and an out of control mortgage..
Kinda like girls sending flowers to themselves at the office so everyone thinks they have an admirer.
RD :D :D

bunny 166
08-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Oh Mandy, I love you!!!!!!!! :D

lewiville
08-24-2005, 12:30 PM
atta boy!
bye the way, can you spare a friend a fatty?

Mandelon
08-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Sounds to me like Mandy typed an e-mail to himself to make himself feel better about firing some poor schlep with 3 kids and an out of control mortgage..
Kinda like girls sending flowers to themselves at the office so everyone thinks they have an admirer.
RD :D :D
Gee Dave are you upset at the Coorslight truck thing??? :confused: :hammer2:

OutCole'd
08-24-2005, 12:31 PM
You may want to print this out to show the judge when you appear for for your registration problems. :)

RiverDave
08-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Gee Dave are you upset at the Coorslight truck thing??? :confused: :hammer2:
Just messing around.. ;) :D
RD

Mandelon
08-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Your avatar confuses me... :messedup:
Flowers are on the way to your office.... :p

BarryMac
08-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Wow, you aren't such a Dick afterall, can I call you Rich??? :D

Ziggy
08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Your friend is completing step 5 of the rehabilitation process......I saw it on Seinfeld once, really.
It is good to see that someone appreciates what you had done for them.

Sleek-Jet
08-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Maybe you can call in your marker and see if he'll pony up for the registration fines comming your way... :D

*!Ken's Wife!*
08-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I bet that made all of the B.S. worth it, and made your day!!!

RiverDave
08-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Your avatar confuses me... :messedup:
How do ya like me now? :cool:
RD

Mandelon
08-24-2005, 12:52 PM
The guy was a crack up.
He once oiled my bike with Liquid Wrench. I told him I was scared it would fall apart..
He crashed his moped....I stitched his knee back shut....8 big ol stitches with fishing line....LOL'
He took three hits of X one night. I made him wear an ID badge with our address on it so if he got lost someone could send him back home...
His mom was a real heavy drug user.....we used to freebase together at his house...she would sell him pot.... :hammer2:
His sister was ho'ing around at about 16......he hasn't seen either of them since 1987...
Crazy days.

bunny 166
08-24-2005, 12:56 PM
The guy was a crack up.
He once oiled my bike with Liquid Wrench. I told him I was scared it would fall apart..
He crashed his moped....I stitched his knee back shut....8 big ol stitches with fishing line....LOL'
He took three hits of X one night. I made him wear an ID badge with our address on it so if he got lost someone could send him back home...
His mom was a real heavy drug user.....we used to freebase together at his house...she would sell him pot.... :hammer2:
His sister was ho'ing around at about 16......he hasn't seen either of them since 1987...
Crazy days.
I don't think thats funny , though Rich....I think it's so sad. You were a very good friend and probably saved his life...

phebus
08-24-2005, 12:59 PM
It's allways nice when former gay partners re-bond again later in life. :D

Mandelon
08-24-2005, 12:59 PM
It was when you found me..... :D

ROZ
08-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Actually, the email is pretty good. Eventhough you may not realize it, you've given me a lot of insight and inspiration to get wha i've always wanted to do done... Well that and I learned how to put on hold a crazy customer, who missed taking her prozach, while shes bitches so we can put stereo shit back together :D
Regardless, Thanks. Advice is appreciated :)
P.S. your family is really nice, too :)
P.S.S. When can I stop buy to get that Albundigas soup as payment for writing this.
:D

dicudmore
08-24-2005, 01:41 PM
nice Mandy :D

Mohave Vice
08-24-2005, 02:27 PM
No matter what !.........you made an impact and now you are being acknowedged! That's great!!

Phat Matt
08-24-2005, 03:15 PM
It's allways nice when former gay partners re-bond again later in life. :D
lol. You beat me to it! http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay.gif

OGShocker
08-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Maybe he contacted you so he could TAP your Avatar?
Just a thought...
Great news about this guy. :chi: :chi: :chi:

SDLifesaver
08-24-2005, 04:25 PM
I have been wanting to say this for to you for awhile Richard. My life has changed for the better since we met on the internet 2 years ago. You took me to the best golf tournament I have ever played in, you brought my house back from the clutches of being condemned and you have just been a stand up guy. Thanks for being you Rich.

Norseman
08-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Mandelon
Nice!!!!

Tom Brown
08-24-2005, 04:31 PM
You know, Mandelon... I've never really liked you.

ROZ
08-24-2005, 08:59 PM
I have been wanting to say this for to you for awhile Richard. My life has changed for the better since we met on the internet 2 years ago. You took me to the best golf tournament I have ever played in, you brought my house back from the clutches of being condemned and you have just been a stand up guy. Thanks for being you Rich.
Don't tell me, he bribed you with his wife's cooking as well :D
BTW, I HAVE to get to that tourney next year :D

MagicMtnDan
08-24-2005, 09:19 PM
The good news is you now KNOW that at least one person appreciates you :D
(I think it's very cool that you helped him out and he appreciates it - enough to acknowledge and thank you).